Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a bit of the Shaheen v Metropolitan - - - Shaheen is looking like they are on fire . They move the ball really goud. I am surprised they are not higher up in standings. new year new beer..........

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a bit of the Shaheen v Metropolitan - - - Shaheen is looking like they are on fire . They move the ball really goud. I am surprised they are not higher up in standings. new year new beer..........

I have only had a chance to see them play once this year, but I remember they have one ringer for sure who plays with almost a free role in the midfield. Definitely a quality ball player. I thought looking at the table around the beginning of November that even though they were a bit further down, they had a really good chance to surprise people and contend for promotion.

They hit a bit of a rough patch and now with just the lone game in hand they might be too far back. Maybe not necessarily in terms of points, but they have an awful lot of teams to climb over. Not much room for error left that's for sure.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

1) I heard that students were missing several players (from the first 11) due to injuries and suspensions.
2) At this time of the year Shaheen usually gets some university/college players back so they should be stronger now.

I did not watch that game but considering #1 and #2 above the score 6:1 does not mean that Shaheen is suddenly great while students are a weak team. There were some other high scores in Division 1 last weekend so it looks to me that some teams had too much turkey during Christmas break and probably did not practice a lot.

Let's see what happens during the reminder of the season. It looks that only Tigers are a safe bet for a promotion and then there are at least 3-4 teams that could be the 2nd at the end of the season and earn a promotion to Premier league too.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen are a solid team, and their improvement is actually related to getting players back from injury and one recent signing who returned home from abroad.

The "ringer" in midfield is the only University player they have, and is Navid who used to be in the Whitecaps Residency and now plays with UBC. He has been with Shaheen since UBC's early playoff exit in the CanadaWest Semifinals. If they stay healthy I think they can beat any team in the division. Plus their "games in hand" are both against Serbia, so consider that an additional 6 points, and they are right in contention for promotion along with us, Norvan, Westside, Metro, and Bingers.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in NORVAN 2-1 win over Tigers at Confederation Park today....Tigers on a bit of losing streak the last couple of games...will be interesting last couple games to see who goes up in Div1

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the boys from Norvan with a 5-2 win last night.....looking good for promotion back to prems....just need one point in last two games...

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well thanks to Westsides tie to Harps this years two teams going to prems Tigers and Norvan ....good luck to both teams ......cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0