Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you guys have to do is add a club in div three and all the guys will come out. Cat system does not work. Club A sighnes twenty guys why do they need cat system?
If cat system was to be used than only cat players can move up to play. Otherwize it is not fare play.

Mr. Base, I agree with you on the whole CAT system. I think teams that want to compete need to have a roster of 18-20 guys without relying on a CAT team...I like the idea of 20 guys, so you have competition and fighting for playing time makes for some great committment and practice nights..not to mention players who fill in do to injury or work obligations. Hmm...3rd Div team...not a bad idea :)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter December 2009

Just remember that a roster 20 deep can only be sustained for so long before the guys who don't play lose the fire and stop coming out. Primo had that happen to us a few years back and by the end of the season we were just barely getting enough players to the games for kickoff!

Anyhow, it's January so Regs is probably about to close this thread and start a new one! On to January!!!

Hi Regs :D Back from Italy, back to the message board!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter December 2009

Metro-Ford Primo
Punjab Hurricanes ...Who knows though, Remeber Romania

Sikh Temple
Estrella de Chile “A”
...Match of the week. Must win for both

NK Hrvat ...Train is out of the station. Lets see you ate more turkey.
FC Romania “A”

Sporting Club
Binger's Army ...Sporting ... nice guys. Bingers too strong.

Cliff Avenue United
Vancouver Olympics
...Could be an important point for cliff if they can get it

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher you might be right 90 %. Happy New year to you and your men. I think Olympics will win by two goals. Is blondy back with you or is he still away from the game?

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk! RFC 2 - Bombastic 2
Very bad soccer by (on the day) two very average teams.
Tough one next week especially if we don't look any better or different than this week.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 5 - Wickham 0

Very well played game by us today against a struggling Wickham side who was obvoiusly missing players as they played with 11 the whole game. We had about 90% of possesion and were unlucky to go into the half at 0-0 as we couldn't finish but the second half was a different story as we got off to a fast start a few minutes in when we scored off a corner and then the flood gates opened as we then proceeded to score another 3 in the next 15 and then finished it off with our 5th with 7 minutes left. Great result for us in richmond... Thanks bombastic!!!

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 1-0 Temple

Chile scored with about 10 to play, but were definately the better team. Chile has some very skillfull players and are quite fun to watch. I did notice that Temple was missing a few starters, and really did not create anything up front.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To what Freestyler said.....Chile does have some very good players and appraently they were missing several starters.......very skillfull midfield and one lad up front who was a handful......

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To what Freestyler said.....Chile does have some very good players and appraently they were missing several starters.......very skillfull midfield and one lad up front who was a handful......

Chile missing a few starters, but this team has gotten very deep over the last month and a half...also picking up another "unahappy" premier fellow for next week...the relegation fight continues to drive this team...too skilled to get relegated...nuff said...huge win:wa:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 4 Romania 0
Terrible game. Romania hit a cross bar, were thwarted on a great shot and muffed a sitter on the day. They could have had three at most. Hrvat should have scored fifteen but it took an ugly own goal to get things started and Kenji added one on a nice run to make it 2-0 at the half. The pathetic finishing and sub standad play making kept the final result up in the air deep into the second half until Hrvat added two more from its youth contingent Adriano and Luca. The forth goal was awarded well after the fact as the Romania keeper in a classy move told the ref that the ball had gone in and not hit the cross bar as the ref had originally ruled.
Three points in the bank and I can't envison not getting three more in the return leg aginst what looked like a lower middle of the pack Div. 2 team at best.
NK had better find their game before next weeks big match up with Cliff or their goals against will undoubtably balloon.

taft

Nov 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 4 Romania 0
Terrible game. Hrvat should have scored fifteen. The pathetic finishing and sub standad play making kept the final result up in the air deep into the second half.

You hit it on the nose, Watcher. Hrvat could have scored more if they had better finishing, and didn't play terribly. Too bad that is the case with a team that cannot find (or have) the skill to bury a lowly team like Romania.

But then again, maybe "watchers" should understand that if you're right footed and being pushed to the right beyond the post doesn't make a good scoring opportunity... whether you're Barca or Hrvat. But hey, if you have the ball in front of net, that counts right?

Get some experience, because if you think 4-0 is a terrible game you've got some learning to do.

Be happy with your result, you are fighting against relegation.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their coach swore at the ref about 10 mins into the second half and was asked to leave. Instead he went nuts and berated the ref until the game was called.

I haven't posted for awhile and i'm sure you want the points just as much as we do but let's be honest here.

1. In a span of 10 seconds. just after another yellow card was given to us.
"What the **** are you looking at"
Ref: "say one more thing and your done"
"Your ****ing nuts, call it both ways"
game over.

Not endorsing the actions from the sideline, but come on, this is mens soccer. No yellow, or red, straight game over.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad. Some refs I guess just cannot handle the pressure. Who was the ref that you speak of? BTW, what was the score at that point in the game?

When I see refs deciding tha game this way, I honestly think the game should be replayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0