Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Results & Banter - October 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The second month of the season starts tomorrow with some good rivalries cooking already. Vancouver Olympics are looking strong with Wickham, Westside and Club I hot on their heels.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond United 2 (I think) Blaze 0

I'll leave it to the combatants to talk about it. I wouldn't want to say it was a bad game unless someone from the teams agreed.

I arrived 1o minutes in and left with 10 minutes to go....I saw two goals by RU. One of the Blaze players took a very intelligent red card. :rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans SC Hellas 3-0 IFC Polonia

Along with 2 awarded pk's both missed by Lobbans, 1 breakaway 1 on 1 with just the keeper(missed), and an offside call :rolleyes: which the ref,later admitted to, was wrong, it could've/should've been worse. We'll take the 3 points and move on to next week against the Blaze.
Thoughts from any of the "Idiots" on how Blaze looked?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 3 - 0 Blaze

Richmond played down to its opponent today and made a game of it for 60 minutes. The Blaze are full of energy but much of it put in the wrong places. At 1-0 some Blaze player took a bad red card and from there it was game set match. We too will take 3 points and run and look forward to the Sikh's next week.

Goals today........1 from Junior and 2 from Rota!

Cheers,

John

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey socca............too much Fiji rum :D .....it was only 2-0. Scary but 0-0 at the half. Fiji was missing 4-5 guys including me but came out with 2 goals in the second to seal the deal. 2-0 Fiji. Binger's goalie played well for the team and Binger's played well compared to the beating they took from Temple 8-0 a few years back. Look for Binger's to stay up this year. Also heard Temple beat Lomas 6-1.

Hard Ballz

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 2-1 Vancouver Olympics

Just caught the game over at Hillcrest. A fairly even first half for the most part, although Frankie should have put the Olympics ahead on a breakaway opportunity early on in the game.

Chances for both teams early in the second half, and then Rangers were gifted the lead when the O's keeper let in a howler...ball skidded through his legs I believe, but can't be sure as it was at the far end of the pitch from my vantage point.

Both teams had a player sent off not long after the goal as one of Ranger center backs reacted to a poor challenge by a VO player...small scuffle with some pushing & shoving, but nothing serious.

Rangers carried on keeping possession, and with VO's beginning to press forward for the equalizer, they left themselves exposed at the back. It finally caught up with them when Chiasson was sent clear and put the ball in the net on his second attempt to make it 2-0. VO's scored with about 7-8 minutes left, but never looked likely to get the equalizer.

A solid performance by Rangers...interesting to watch the VO players react to facing a bit of adversity for the first time...things look like they'll remain tight at the top in Div. 1 'A'.

Burnro

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll leave it to the combatants to talk about it. I wouldn't want to say it was a bad game unless someone from the teams agreed.

Captain - if bad is winning 3:0 I'll take it any and every time!

Cheers

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC looking better and better.
Olympics a little weak on the back line.

Cliff Ave beat Shahin 3-1.

Burnro said:
WFC Rangers 2-1 Vancouver Olympics

Just caught the game over at Hillcrest. A fairly even first half for the most part, although Frankie should have put the Olympics ahead on a breakaway opportunity early on in the game.

Chances for both teams early in the second half, and then Rangers were gifted the lead when the O's keeper let in a howler...ball skidded through his legs I believe, but can't be sure as it was at the far end of the pitch from my vantage point.

Both teams had a player sent off not long after the goal as one of Ranger center backs reacted to a poor challenge by a VO player...small scuffle with some pushing & shoving, but nothing serious.

Rangers carried on keeping possession, and with VO's beginning to press forward for the equalizer, they left themselves exposed at the back. It finally caught up with them when Chiasson was sent clear and put the ball in the net on his second attempt to make it 2-0. VO's scored with about 7-8 minutes left, but never looked likely to get the equalizer.

A solid performance by Rangers...interesting to watch the VO players react to facing a bit of adversity for the first time...things look like they'll remain tight at the top in Div. 1 'A'.

Burnro

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ginger tours said:
Captain - if bad is winning 3:0 I'll take it any and every time!

Cheers

I didn't mean anything bad from it, Ginger. Your team obviously deserved to win, especially after the stupid red card taken by number 12. The Blaze look horribly out of shape and have no depth whatsoever.....at least yesterday. I still can't believe that every player on their team can't wear the same shorts and socks.........

Anyway, great start to the season, Ginger/Lean/John and company. Next week will be a true test as I reffed Sikh Temple a couple of weeks ago. A lot of talent, particularly in the midfield and up front.......Good luck in the battle for first place.

Hail Hail

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, heard the game report on CI and Wickham. Sandeep with two yellows (red) in the box for diving after being chopped and disabled - bit of bitterness seeping throught the phone lines from the West.

Wickham with just a skeleton team for their first competitive match of the year, in the end lucky to get the point with just eleven dressed.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also heard Temple beat Lomas 6-1.

Indeed. About 5-10 mins into the game our Keeper took a red for chopping down a Temple player in the box. PK converted, 1-0 down, 85 mins to go, 10 men......we were pretty well fcuked. It was 2-0 until about 65 mins when we ran out of gas and thats when they really took it to us.

Surprisingly, after about 4 beers I stepped outside the clubhouse to
see Temple still hanging around talking and doing drills.

On to Peg....

NO2

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Club Ireland 1 Wickham 1

The diving call on the Wick player was terrible, not sure if the ref knew the difference between a dive and a chop....must have been watching the Chelsea game before the match....but nonetheless, with our without the call Wick is a good team, but simply didn't show it today, nuff said. Club I very gritty performance with some speedsters, wondering if they had all there starters and players? Looking forward to the rematch.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Club Ireland 1 Wickham 1
A gritty performance by both teams on the day. I think Wickham were lucky not to be down by 2-3 goals at the half, but our strikers didn't have their shooting boots on today.

Our first came from the spot after CIC turned his marker and dribbled the byline, only to be chopped down by an embarrassed defender. A handful of quality chances for ourselves went unfinished throughout the remainder of the first half.

The second half saw Wickham really start to push for the equalizer, and with them risking players forward, we should have killed off the game with the opportunities we created. As karma would have it, our unfinished chances bit us in the ass and Wickham scored half-way through the second to earn a point.

I was surprised with the lack of players/depth on the Wickham sidelines, so our rematch may well be different with both of us having our full squads out...looking forward to the replay already...

Burnro

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
The diving call on the Wick player was terrible, not sure if the ref knew the difference between a dive and a chop....[COLOR]

I disagree, the yellow card your player received early in the first half for diving was completely deserved as our defender clearly got all ball, and if you ask him, I think your player will quietly agree. Later in the second half when your player went down and the ref called him for diving (not sure if it was the same guy), I will agree that we were fortunate to get the call as our defender got as much player as he did ball. All the same, when you get that particular match official on the pitch and he begins to call things a certain way, as a player, you have to know he's going to call the game in that same manner, i.e., he was always going to be looking at your same player as potentially taking a dive when he went down during the rest of game.

Regardless, a different official might have awarded you guys two PK's for the same calls today. I hope your player is okay and that the ankle injury isn't too serious.

See you in Richmond for the rematch!

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we were missing 4 players including 2 key players.
I also believe the rain took away from our game, and gave an advantage to club I.
Burnro said:
I was surprised with the lack of players/depth on the Wickham sidelines, so our rematch may well be different with both of us having our full squads out...looking forward to the replay already...

Burnro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0