Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] September & October 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hearing Club I is taking all the credit for Sapp winning the Provincials a couple of years ago........:D

Time for another merger..... SRRUCI (Sapp gets their name in first just so WAB remains calm)...... C.S. can get this done.....:D

Hmmm, something to think about. :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the REAL Sapperton club? Are there any long-time members still involved?

Are there any New West residents on Sapperton?

~TB.

Sean Flintoff took exception to the fact that I did not know that he is from New West AND was an original Sapperton member from the Don Smith era. He still plays for the Sapp Master's team (along with Tom Huntley - another OLD Sapp guy).
Now it all makes sense with Flintoff:eek:

ST4life

Nov 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Grimm said...Akal is still holding THEIR own in Div. 1....and Captain yes there was a Indo-Akal...couple years back when Indo moved upto premier with the help of the "Comb Over Akal Boys" couldnt have done it without their soccer skills not how they comb their hair. And as far as Royals United goes...it has held up in Div 1 for 2 years now with 7 of the same Akal players that played for that team then as they do now. looks like they just made it a little easier for you guys by calling it Royals...so no one would wonder what to do with the name due to 6 other players being apart of that team that were not Akal players...seeing how many of you are having problems trying to figure out what goes first Temple/Peg/Indo...looks like they did you boys a favour.

On a side note, maybe ST4life should get out and watch a couple of games before bashing on players that stand out during games. I maybe wrong here but you seem to be that newer generation of soccer players...those kids who dive better than dribbling a ball and get a nice fresh hair cut before the game and match their shoes with the tape on their Socs that matches the colour of their under armour shirt. Topped off with your scented gel to give you that christiano ranoldo hairstyle. it just makes you look good not, play better.

Cherrypicker,
I am a bit out of the age group for the newer generation, but i'll take a compliment anytime.:knvb: And for the player you are attempting to call out, it seems maybe some of you should take his tactics, and get a "fresh haircut before games" and put enough gel in to look like "cristiano ronaldo" because he seemed to have been the best player on the pitch that day. Opening the scoring with a 20 yard chip of your goalie on a tic tac toe play, as well as finishing the scoring.

I encourage you to take a shot at me, before any of the player on the pitch.

And for the record, I would have loved to play against you guys that day.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's concentrate at the games boys.

Predictions for this week - Div 1A:
Bombastic - Green Devils - 2:0
Pegasus - GN - 6:0
Rino - Olympics 0:2
Akal - Cliff 5:3
Fury - Binger 1:3

Division 1B:
Polonia - Lobbans 2:3
Punjab - Richmond 5:1
Romania - Sapp 1:3
AFC - Primo 1:1
Surrey - Ladner 2:2

Goodluck. Keep posted on how the games went.

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cherrypicker,
I am a bit out of the age group for the newer generation, but i'll take a compliment anytime.:knvb: And for the player you are attempting to call out, it seems maybe some of you should take his tactics, and get a "fresh haircut before games" and put enough gel in to look like "cristiano ronaldo" because he seemed to have been the best player on the pitch that day. Opening the scoring with a 20 yard chip of your goalie on a tic tac toe play, as well as finishing the scoring.

I encourage you to take a shot at me, before any of the player on the pitch.

And for the record, I would have loved to play against you guys that day.

Give it a rest, this whole "thing" happened 2 years ago, I'm sure you have more exciting things going on in your life to be bringing this up all the time!

Good luck the rest of the season

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this week - Div 1A:
Bombastic - Green Devils
Pegasus - GN -
Rino - Olympics
Fury - Binger

Division 1B:
Polonia - Lobbans
Punjab - Richmond
Romania - Sapp
AFC - Primo
Surrey - Ladner

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST 4 GN 1

3 goals in the last 10 minutes to win.........granted, it should have been 4 at the half but it wasn't. Overall, it was a better game of football than the game at Minoru Turf today.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC (Estrella De Chile) 2 - Primo - 1

Lots of kick and run from the Primo side, skill clearly on the Chileans side, but a very tough game to dominate given the very distinct styles of these two sides, Chile pulls it out in the last 15 with a marvellous free kick from their #10 to tie and an eye seeing laser cross crease shot from their #14...huge matches coming up in the 1b over the next few weeks, AFC(Chile) plays Sapp and Lobbans their next two games which will either leave them in the middle or fighting for the top. Sapp plays Chile and Punjab(?)

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal 1 - Cliff Ave 0

Fortunate to come out with 3 big points today after playing on our heels most of the second half. Akal went up 1-nil in the first half in the 35th minute off of a cross. Second half saw Cliff Ave pressing really hard for the equalizer but they were unfortunate to capitalize. Nevertheless, a solid win for Akal as they continue their chase of the Peg-boyz!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal 1 - Cliff Ave 0

Fortunate .... a solid win for Akal as they continue their chase of the Peg-boyz!

You're chasing a fart in a high wind. Enjoy playing the rest of the season for second, because, unfortunately, there is NO WAY IN HELL you, or any other team, is going to make promotion interesting.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 5 - Romania 0

Well, Sapp finally found their keeper of the future. 6'6", 225 lb Garth (aka Darth Vader) Lagasse out of U of Portland. Up from Oregon to chase his Canadian fiance. I can't see a lot of goals going in against Sapp the rest of the way. This guy covers the entire net - He has a 747 wing-span; his hand reaches about 12 inches over the cross bar standing flat-footed. He's a monster! He had to make 1 save against Romania, but it was a beauty - diving to his right on a shot from 18 yards out.

Sapp dominated from the onset. Sven Wagner with 2 headers off of corners to seal the victory. A brutal tackle above the knee on Kyle Phillips by some over weight Romanian luckily walked away from it. 3-0 at half. 5-0 final. Jason Perotti is back from injury and was in fine speedy form scoring 2 goals as well. Colin Phillips will be back next week after a lengthy layoff. It is clear we're gunning for the Hurricanes and it looks like everyone will be good form by then.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST 4 GN 1

3 goals in the last 10 minutes to win.........granted, it should have been 4 at the half but it wasn't. Overall, it was a better game of football than the game at Minoru Turf today.

Was quite surprised not to see a game report from you CS......and a little disappointed;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was quite surprised not to see a game report from you CS......and a little disappointed;)

Honestly, Keith, it was a DIRE game..........although to give you all the credit in the world, you were the best player on the park. :) Well done. It must have been nice to have all that space. You took advantage of it.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, Keith, it was a DIRE game..........although to give you all the credit in the world, you were the best player on the park. :) Well done. It must have been nice to have all that space. You took advantage of it.

I really didn't think it was that bad....thought the first half we played well and then Richmond came on a bit. Anyway, just happy to get the points. Cheers for the comment....not used to getting a compliment from you;)

Before I get jumped upon for not being in the right thread, I'll move along:D Cheers CS.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering what the promotion/ relegation format is for this year? Is it the same as 2006/2007 2 bottom teams go down automatically and second last play off in each group? and group winners and 2 down from prem?

Thanks Guys

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering what the promotion/ relegation format is for this year? Is it the same as 2006/2007 2 bottom teams go down automatically and second last play off in each group? and group winners and 2 down from prem?

Thanks Guys
I think that's correct. Judging by the lack of responses, I think most of us don't quite know for sure about the playoff.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top team in each division goes up with 2 coming down

The bottom team in each division goes down and the second to last placed teams playoff with the winners of all the division 3 teams coming up? Or maybe there is a 3 team playoff in division two with only the bottom team in each divisoin one section dropping down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0