Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey dipshit - ppl like me haven't really come on here ALL SEASON. If I wanted to post about every single game then you would see a report - I chose not to do that so we'll leave it to reporters like you to do the rest.

Actually reportz should be reporting on these games but I don't have enough time:D........

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from the game of the week, some other big games going on over the weekend.

Lobbans vs. Fiji and Sarajevo vs. Cliff Ave are big in terms of relegation. Lobbans have lost 2 straight and can't afford to drop any more points with 3 games left in their season. Sarajevo have a 2 point cushion on Lobbans but have played one more game. Sitting on 15 points Sarajevo can reach 21 points. Lobbans can reach 22 points if they win 3 on the trot. Cliff Ave are a tough group and should make it difficult. Polonia is fortunate enough to be just outside the bottom three and IMO they will not get caught up on the relegation fight.

The other 2 games RU vs. Polonia and Van Olys vs. Bingers are games that mean nothing in terms of promotion and relegation.

RU over Polonia 2-1,
Bingers and Van Olys 1-1.
Lobbans over Fiji 2-1,
Cliff Ave over Sarajevo 2-1

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard that the second half just started in the Club I game. They are up 7 nothing. ouch, double ouch for Huricanes.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky to the 3 Punjab lads who approached and couldn't persuade the ref too cancel the game due to frozen conditions.

Six different goal scorers for the Bhoys today, and OG even got into the game. 4 goals at half time, and 4 more in the 2nd half rounded out the show. Our recent signings contributed a lot and it showed with the end. A massive result for the HOOPS that doesn't mean anything unless we can rattle off 3 more...but for the time being, we will celebrate.....2 hours post game in the change room with a 2nd beer run required due to mass celebratory consumption.

Sight of the game had to be the Punjab sideline disappearing after every goal in the second half. By the final whistle there was only the subs left on the sidelines. :)

On to next week..

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoudln't have been played b/c you lost!

Both teams played on the same field......Well one team played, the other one just kept picking the ball out of their net!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....drove out to Richmond for a doubleheader.....Hurricanes vs Club Ireland, followed by Indo and Firemen. When I got there it was 1-0 Club I on a free kick. What I saw for the remainder of the half was an awful display by an uninspired team. Too many players watching Club Ireland run past them, through them, around them. This was the worst performance I have seen from this Hurricane team. The score is a reflection of which team wanted it more. Ireland is not 8 goals better than the Hurricanes, but today, Ireland wanted to win, while the Hurricanes were moving in slow motion. I know SFU had a fundraiser in Surrey last night, and it looked as if the entire Hurricane team attended the event, not one player looked good. Getting drunk and home at 5am prior to a game is NOT the best way to prepare for promotion to Premier.

Gaining promotion to Premier is not easy. The Hurricanes went undefeated in Division 2, lost out to promotion by 1 point last year, and had an opportunity to play in the promotion game this year wrapped up only to possibly (only if Club I messes up) piss it away. It really is too bad. This is a good group of players that once motivated, committed and disciplined are a difficult team to beat. Next year things only get more difficult, 3 Premier teams coming down, only one 1st division, the competition will be harder. I hope this embarrassment is a lesson learned for this club, and they regroup to beat Binger's and put together a good Cup run. Hopefully for them, Ireland ties one of its remaining 3 games and they get a shot of redeeming the performance on and off the field.

Kudos to Club Ireland, they earned and deserved the win.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Hurricanes game with Gilly this afternoon. What an absolute shocker. Simply put, Club I was faster, stronger, and had the desire and drive to win.

The field was awful and was frozen. The game should not have been played. Having said that both teams played on the same surface so it really does not matter.

Club I are now in the driver's seat.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaining promotion to Premier is not easy. The Hurricanes went undefeated in Division 2, lost out to promotion by 1 point last year, and had an opportunity to play in the promotion game this year wrapped up only to possibly (only if Club I messes up) piss it away. It really is too bad. This is a good group of players that once motivated, committed and disciplined are a difficult team to beat. Next year things only get more difficult, 3 Premier teams coming down, only one 1st division, the competition will be harder. I hope this embarrassment is a lesson learned for this club, and they regroup to beat Binger's and put together a good Cup run. Hopefully for them, Ireland ties one of its remaining 3 games and they get a shot of redeeming the performance on and off the field.
Kudos to Club Ireland, they earned and deserved the win.

I made it to the game today just as Ireland scored their 3rd goal. Ireland seemed to score whenever they touched the ball. I agree with Gilly that Ireland deserved the win. I have seen the SPH play about a dozen times since they were in Div.2 a couple of years ago. The line-up looked younger today as they had all of the young guns out today. I saw a couple of familiar faces on the line (not sure if suspended, hurt, or what), but they weren't used for one reason or another. However, Ireland came out strong and beat the summer soccer boys.
With the rule changes next year, this may have been a one shot deal. This team will lose players next year. If what Gilly said was true, about players getting sloshed the night before their biggest game of the year, then I would not be surprised to see some players move on and for some to be forced out.

Anyways, 3 years in the league since this merger, SPH do have a good record, especially considering that they do not take Winter soccer seriously. 1st yr they go 18-0, last year they came second and this year will also be a second place finishing.

Serbia vs Ireland, can't wait
Over/Under is 7

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bottom line is Club Ireland has to win 3 straight games, which is not always an easy thing to do, especially against teams like Binger's Army, which always gives Club Ireland good games. They love beating Club Ireland and they would love to knock of the Hurricanes and Club Ireland in both games.

I was stunned with the result yesterday.......to be honest, I'm surprised the game did go but having said that, both teams were on the same park. Club Ireland's finishing was lethal.....starting with a great Spencer Coppin free-kick.......2nd was an own goal.....3rd was a great cross by Terry Bell to CI Champ who cooly nodded the ball home.....the 4th was a half volley from about 20 yards out by Karl Sandberg.......the 5th was a cheeky header by Geoff Salt....6th was another half volley strike I believe from Darren Prentice, who also scored the 7th from another clinical finish from a nifty pass by Tom Brooks....the 8th was another half volley from just inside the 18 yard box by Justin Student I believe......

SPH did very little to trouble Burnro in net......

The better team won on the day handily but this game will mean nothing unless the Bhoys close the deal by winning their last 3 matches........

Come on the Hoops.........

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Club I toughest game remaining is against Sarajevo. Even though they are in hunt for relegation, they do have couple of very quality players who could cause some problems for Club I. Fiji is a lock, as well as the game against the Army.

Right now, the way it looks, it would not suprise me if Punjab lose to Bingers. I watched them against Richmond (couple of weeks back) and they did not impress me at all. Richmond won 2:0, but it could easily been 4, if not 5 nil. Are Punjab, the best Div 1 side? Definetely no. Serbia is - based on their unbeaten record. As of now, Club I is right behind them (on a hot streak), and they will be playing a promotion game.
Way to go Club I. It's never over until it's over.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our toughest game will certainly be against Bingers Army. We have created a solid rivalry with them during winter and summer ball, and our games are always a close affair.

Sarajevo will be difficult, as they battle hard, and Fiji, though bottom feeders, gave us a tough go when we meet earlier in the season. So NOTHING is a lock. Yesterdays result will be all for not unless we do the job and collect all of the remaining 9 points that are up for grabs. The result should give our squad the self belief that we can go on and get the job done, and that no one should be able to beat us if we play with that intensity for 90 minutes.

I must say I enjoyed the atmosphere at McNair yesterday even in the cold. Both sidelines packed up and down the line from 18 yard box to 18 yard box. A bigger turnout then our derby game against RU last week. 2-0 this season playing on Lambeau for Club I :)

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hurricane fans left faster than Army finishing a plate of hot wings.

Well done bhoys.

Hey One Dart,I play for the Army,Did you just take a shot at us?Let me just say that since the Murph went to play for the Firemen a few years ago our wing consumption has gone way down.To the Hoops,we would love to stop your promotion run.Nothing personal,it does not matter what place you are in we always get up for games against you guys.I just hope we get a good turnout for our re-match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0