Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crnogorski did not England kick your but yestrday and you still want to be hooked up to phonics. NK lost to B United yestrday. They might endup in Div 3 like our friends from Serbia. Those boys need three goalis to stop all the dam goals going in.
Party party party and it all goes down hill. O well it's only div two soccer. Tomorrow"s games might be better.
Long time ago Willy told me that he was Italian, then he told me that his name comes from Izrael. Crnagora I am Slav and allways will be.
Go figure it out. B united finaly can kick someones ars. It took them few years of getting kicked before they turned around. I gues my friend Max is no longer playing. East side kids are doing OK. Watcher lost tatch with the east side kids and the club is slowley speening the wheels. Lots of time to fix it yet. Did you see our friends Albanians how they fell apart. Team is so bad that no one want to watch the games.
In my opinion it's time for most guys from FC Alnania to go and play bocchi balls.VMSL is for young scooters. I think - four is a good result for those boys. See Sarajevo goes to St Louis and they get few players and each year club is climbing. Who dou you play for?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost to Lobbans today. Gutted. Nice kids but they're shite. I know, doesn't say much for us. :/

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun game between FC Alania and Roos. Both teams played well. Keepers made some outstanding saves. Late in second half Roos forward took a solo run and scored a nice goal for a one to zero win.

The#1stunna

Aug 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun game between FC Alania and Roos. Both teams played well. Keepers made some outstanding saves. Late in second half Roos forward took a solo run and scored a nice goal for a one to zero win.

How did the Roos only beat Albania 1-0 as Albania has struggled all year in the division to stay in games or field a team?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Albania came to play. Week before they gave awin on DF. I am sure Rubin head a talk with them. Same old guy but they gave it all. It must have been due to Thanks Giving diners and beer from Roos. Good game to watch. Roos have six foot seven keeper. You could see Roofs fighting for promo this year.If Albania starts to play each game like that team will turn it around.Albanian guys would have way more fun in over thirty five. Younger guys can easy find a team. There comes the time that team must move to have fun. Div tree soccer is not for few of those better older guys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza did you see sombody beat a team 12 to 1 in div 2 or div 3. Un heard of for beer league. Ref must have bin pissed off at that side. After 6 zip coach from loosing team should have said we are done for today. No point showing 12 to 1 result at VMSL level.
God if you head to pay seventy bucks and than get kicked 12 to 1. Beer must have tasted shyty after that.
Dezza you are right Nk is slipping with that coach. I am sure Watcher will wakeup all the mead bears to come and watch. Coach better win few.
Trip to Italy might be needed to cool off. Dezza I did see the game from the truck, for me there is far much negative speaking to be close by.
GPS trackiong and Tayp. Simple is better. Our kids played well. We played against some yohoo from far east. Kick the ball sixty yards and the send six chaseres to sore a goal. True comedy hour what goes on in developing local kis.
I'l be back in senior soccer next year. Not with NK. I wish Watcher and coach all the best. So far they lack fitness and skill in passing a ball.
And most of all a coach with coaching tickets that knows how yo play tight D and when to counter attack.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That 12-1 game was Vancouver Snipers versus Uncle Fatih FC, in Div. 3 B. Big flaw in the way VMSL allocates new teams because Snipers, along with Vancouver Greencaps, were the top teams in CAT B last year. Win CAT B and then go play Div. 3? Greencaps and Snipers should have been given a place in Div. 2.

Also, Snipers appear to have made improvements over last year's CAT team, including adding a guy I used to coach in youth who was a university team caliber wide back. We played Snipers two weeks ago and I was impressed. They are certainly one Hell of a lot better than my rag tag Bowen Island side, which is filled with 19 and 20 year olds and struggles to get 11 guys out each week. I've seen lots of VMSL div. 2 soccer and I'm guessing Snipers are already on par with many mid table Div. 2 teams. Having said that, I agree with you about the 12 goals? WTF. And nobody should post the usual bullshit about how running up the score is actually 'respecting your opponents.' After 6 or 7, mix up the positions, knock the ball around and play two touch, and then go for a beer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rick for your report. I also agree with you in that after 7 zip mix it up and play nice pickup game. Lack of class destroys senior soccer in many ways. No one from VMSL in last 7 years made any big team. Before our kids made it in NASL and even better.
I am a strong beleaver that a div three should be one strong group one weaker group. Weak group plays each other to develop. Better group plays for moving up. At the start have a round robin tournament to see who the strong sides are. At that time grass fields are no problem to get.
Div two soccer is allot more serious than some guys think. Onley teams with fitness and strenghth endup close at the top.
I must Say Roos look better than people think.Fit bunch of guys paying full out.

Silviu

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
RickG, why not allocate them a spot in Premier Div??? Maybe kick out Columbus or Chile to make room for them...winning the CAT division is a really big deal after all.
Man if you wanna play against better teams you either start from scrap and win 3rd division (not the useless CAT bs) or buy a spot from a team in a higher division...if you have the dough of course.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, Silviu, step back from the crack pipe for a minute. I agree with you about CAT and I wish to Hell VMSL would just get rid of it. Nobody was suggesting that CAT B is on par with premiere, div. 1 or even the top two thirds of the div. 2 table. But, in the past few years CAT B is where newly formed teams often get parked for a season if there isn't any room for them in Div. 3. When you do get an organized, ambitious CAT B winner or runner up and stick them into Div. 3 the next year you are gonna get the occasional 10 and 12 goal scores against the older beer league guys who are just in it for the fun and could care less whether they get promoted or not. I have no dog in this fight. In fact, the Div. 3 team that whacked someone 12-1 that Base complained about lost to my beer league Bowen Island lads. So it isn't like they are awesome or anything. Having said that, they are one Hell of a lot better than my team and we needed a parked bus full of 4 leaf clovers to beat them.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i watched 20 mins of the 12to 1 could have been 20 to 1 , i was there to pay ref for the next game on the field
the pizza team were terrible, the snipers well organized team moved the ball well mid level div 2 team

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza you were wrong on NK. Last knight I thought that it was Sebian National side. Nice blue white blue unies. But than I saw the amblem Watcher watcher loves. He first started playing for us at U17. If they went back home with that amlem they would all be under arest. But all the same it was nice to see King Tomas amblem.
NK won with about two minutes to go close game. Shape huge problem for both sides fists were fling. Ref head tough time at that level. Should do youth or over forty. That's not for sixty add year old man. He just could not keap up with the pace. Nk is a better team than they show. All they have to do is keap the coach on the side line to coach the team. He is so out of shape that slows the team down. Gabrial playing up front is very good player. Sal in the midle and a big stomp in the back played well and Nelso he always plays hard. Party animal that knows how to play hard.
Tomorrow I will go watch my friends from the West side playing. It should be fun watching forty year old guys playing against kids. Forty yard bombs will be the only way they can stay in the game. Sighn out.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
regarding that 12-1..... one of our guys knows someone who was on the end of the 12 and apparently they had 10 men and were missing their keeper so it wasn't that ridiculous of a scoreline considering. Also i'd somewhat disagree with switching up positions etc when you hit 7-0 because it then also comes off as a bit cocky when you can then say 'look, we can play everyone out position and still beat you' but each ot their own! Sorry for gatecrashing but there really isn't much going on over in the Div3 thread :(

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most guys in Div 3 don't even know that tere is TTP page. Let them know and they will get on. All new teams have to start in Div 3. But in my opinion there is four teams that would hold their on in Div two. And there is four teams in Div two that should play in Div 3.
Due to no movment during a season. I pointed out VMSL guys should form one developmental group and one for up movment.
Some teams need two three years to adjust the needs. Like Athletic Club FC and few others. It is no fun for guys to get thoped each weekend.
You guys will have tons of fun in div two. It is truly a Division for guys tha like to drink beer and play ball. Div one is more for SmarCoach and guys like that that dream to move the team to Premier. It takes hard work. Stay in Div two have fun win games and play nice soccer.
If you think Div three is no fun. You should see youth U18. Some clubs have made one team out of four clubs just to win at all coast. Development of soccer is gone south totaly. It is to the point that Gold Silver and Select is about the same level. Tons of unfit guys want playing time with out sweting to get there.
Have fun and you will be in div two next year. I say Rooos have a dam good chance to rock few teams this year. My friend Watcher and his guys are trying to stay in Div two. Looks lie they will.
That's only if coach stop parties.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'd like to think we could hold on our own in Div2, I'd even go out on a limb and say we could get relegated from Div1! All new teams have to start in Div3..... or CAT. Our CAT division last year had more new outright teams than actual CAT teams and I'd say was of better quality than what we've come up against in Div3 this season which is a bit of a shitter i have to say! I think it could be better organised at the bottom, maybe 3 Div3's and 1 CAT rather than having 2 CAT leagues that have enough new teams between them to make up an entire league? I'm sure its tough to please everyone though and i don't know what the answer is, or if there even is one other than suck it up, pay your dues and eventually you'll end up where you should be!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Div two soccer is good to watch and good to play. Most teams have ten very good player and rest good subs. Twenty five minutes guys.
Watching Div three most teams have four five good players rest just fill in.
For most Div tree guys should move to over thirty five. Div two you see hack of alot more guys in late twenties. Good players. They work and can not show to two practices a week. Just on practice for most clubs. Rino side from Burnaby is the team you should play friendly to see where you are at.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Div two soccer is good to watch and good to play. Most teams have ten very good player and rest good subs. Twenty five minutes guys.
Watching Div three most teams have four five good players rest just fill in.
For most Div tree guys should move to over thirty five. Div two you see hack of alot more guys in late twenties. Good players. They work and can not show to two practices a week. Just on practice for most clubs. Rino side from Burnaby is the team you should play friendly to see where you are at.

Rino's Fury & Greencaps have already played. Twice. We each won once. Rubber match still to be played I suppose...

And for the record we are Vancouver based. We just took over the old Burnaby Fury spot.

E11even

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting to see the dynamic of the divisions once things are changed up next season. Two div 2 divisions. How many div 3 teams move up this year? how many div 2 move down? Don't see it in the rules page about next years change. Should even things out a bit.

If there's only two div 2 - will there be a playoff between both 2nd place teams for the 3rd promotion spot?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eleven I was told that three teams from each group will drop. One team from div 3 will move up. Most likley they will add three teams and have three groups. I would only have two groups and add a div four group. Drop the two teams with least pints down to div four. The scores are all over the place. Some teams have kids that need a year or two to develop. Some teams have guys thity five and older but they still want to play in open side soccer. Div four would be a place where they can play few more years. Rubin is on top of it and he does dam good job at it.
VMSL will get better in few years with Rubin in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0