Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was impressed with play of Norvan Viking storm
But there long ship had no hot
Chocolate on board on a very cold day .
They should not leave North Shore
Without full provisions

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting results on the last week.
Greencaps - Twin Arrows (1-1).
The Greencaps tie to the last place is the last nail on the coffin. They are in 5th place now, promotion is practically impossible at this moment for them.

Gn - Meraloman (4-0).
This solidifies the lead of GN and also buries Meraloma to the 7th place. Meraloma is on the decline.

Snipers - Astro (2-1)
It would have been assumed a more decisive result for Snipers, but Astro has had four wins in a row. Astro is improving, but perhaps a bit late. They are in 6th place ahead of Meraloma.

Norvan - Tanoa (3-1)
Not much of a surprise here. Tanoa might have superb players, but they have not worked well as a team. Norvan is still on the fringes of promotion.

Richmond - Burnaby (3-0)
An expected result.

Campo Atletico (6 - 1)
The win is not unexpected. I am very happy for the boys because their hard work and dedication was rewarded with several high quality goals. I will provide report later.

This is table adjusted for the missing games.

1) GN ------------------------- 29 points.
2) Snipers* ------------------ 27 points.
3/4) Campo**/Norvan ---- 22 points.
5) Greencaps--------------- 19 points.
6) Meraloma***------------- 16 points.
7/8) Astro-Tanoa****------ 15 points.

The table assumes the following likely results based on the results of other games: Snipers over Meraloma. Campo over Tanoa. Meraloma over Punjabs. Tanoa over Richmond and Burnaby.

GN is the favourite to win the league based on numbers. They have not lost a game.

Snipers have have had displayed very good and lethal soccer, but perhaps lack a bit of consistency. In my opinion, they are a bit more dangerous than GN.

Norvan has come from more to less. A superb start with 5 convincing wins, but they managed to squandered it. Campo is the opposite. A modest start with two ties at the beginning and few goals, but have improved each game.

The next game is GN - Campo Libre. I have phrased the Campo team as the underdogs in the past. But for a variety of reasons I do not feel or asses this coming game in this way. I feel very confident about the way that the Campo players have been playing lately.

There is huge motivation in our side to give the first defeat to GN. There will be no defensive tactics. A though match awaits for GN.

If they win this game, no doubt that they deserve to be in Division 1, but I am optimistic that a defeat awaits them in their home field even though we will miss a couple of key players.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The match report.
Campo Atletico 6 - Punjab Hurricanes 1.

On a dark and rainy afternoon, the Campo players provided an impeccable and outstanding performance by subduing the visiting Punjab Hurricanes to a five goal differential that could have been more pronounced.

The game started with Campo Atletico dominating possession and goal scoring opportunities. Once again within two minutes the Campo forwards had the ball on the 6 yard box, and they narrowly missed the net.

The first goal came within the first twenty minutes. It was an ugly and fourtitous goal but it was deserved given all the opportunities generated. A free kick was taken. Everybody jumped to head the ball, but everybody missed it. It hit a player and one of our players got the bouncing ball. He barely touched and the ball rolled across the goal line at a snail pace.

The second goal was quite well organized. A nice build up from the back that was having problems penetrating. Thus a long ball was released. The forward controlled on the air. Dribbled past the defender, a pass back to the other forward. A gambeta followed by a ground pass to the right bottom corner of the net.

The third goal was a strong ground diagonal pass between the centre backs. The running midfielder had a nice first touch and placed the ball calmly to the bottom left corner.

The game was under control so many key players were substituted. However, the team kept the control of the game.

The fourth goal was a superb shot from our holding midfielder from outside the penalty box. A curving ball to the top right corner. They goalie dived, but could not stop the ball.

The fifth and six goal were all superb finishes of one on one instances with the goalie.

The Punjab Hurricanes discounted with a goal that was off side, but perhaps the referee took a bit of mercy on them.

Overall unfortunate game for them as they are a good team. Good refereeing. I think that his name is Kevin.

It was a good result that prepared our boys for the decisive game with GN. Coincindently GN has won all games with the exception of two ties this year (one with the Punjabs and one with us).

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 0 - 4 GN

Cold night out in Surrey. 0-0 at the break. 55th minute, we make a stupid tackle in the 18 yard box and they go up 1-0. 65th minute, they get a nice one, top corner.

Then it fell apart on us. Our striker collides with their goalie and gets his second yellow. Our goalie gets hurt and has to leave the game. They get a couple softies at the end on the poor guy tossed in net.

Not our night.

Astro FC

Sep 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2 Astro over SW Eagles

WITH THE FROSTS OF LATE FALL DESCENDING ON JERICHO TURF, THE DIAMOND THAT BEGAN TO FADE IN HER EYE DID NOT GIVE WAY TO THE STYLE THAT IS BOUND BY THE POWERS OF ---

I can't do a Campo review.

Astro controls the first 35 minutes. SW Eagles bend but then a corner kick flicked header makes it 1 - 0 Astro.

Astro has a nap on a throw in, breakaway against our 4th string goalie = 1 - 1.

Astro gets 2 more before the half. Another Astro nap 5 minutes into the second half, and a duplicate breakaway, 3 - 2. But then nothing to worry about, play is controlled, goes to 4 - 2, they get a red card in the 75th and pop the top, 5 - 2.

Astro now 6 - 0 - 6 after being 1 - 0 - 5. Looking forward to a matchup with Greencaps upcoming!

(P.S. this game had 7 goals, and that's the full recap. I wonder how long a 0 - 0 recap might be?)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's Fury 2-1 NK Hrvat

Big win for us with reports of America knocking off Van Strikers.

We had to work for the win after we got pretty unlucky in the first half, hitting the crossbar and a post, plus a penalty shout getting waved away by the ref, and of course a perfect cross that the receiver managed to have graze off his forehead and wide from 3 yards out (pretty sure his eyes were closed -- he will not hear the end of that one)

2nd half we managed to open the scoring when our winger sub'd in and scored almost immediately. NK hit back with a powerful shot that our goalkeeper seemed to have saved, but perhaps the freezing conditions prevented him from holding. Finally the winner with 15 minutes remaining -- a corner kick lead to a goal mouth scramble, and the ball fell to our right back near the penalty spot. He was nearly surrounded and had little time to take a shot, but he managed to execute perhaps the most beautiful toe poke ever witnessed in the VMSL as it squeaked through a little gap between legs, and caught the goalkeeper frozen as it seemed time stood still and it nestled perfectly into the bottom corner side netting.

I have to say this is the 2nd week in a row, where I'm surprised by the position in the table of our opposition. Bombastic just worked their socks off against us, and NK Hrvat had some decently skilled players, especially the very jinky #21 in the middle of the park. I think both teams have potential to climb the table and make a push for the top half of the standings.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2 Astro over SW Eagles

WITH THE FROSTS OF LATE FALL DESCENDING ON JERICHO TURF, THE DIAMOND THAT BEGAN TO FADE IN HER EYE DID NOT GIVE WAY TO THE STYLE THAT IS BOUND BY THE POWERS OF ---

I can't do a Campo review.

Astro controls the first 35 minutes. SW Eagles bend but then a corner kick flicked header makes it 1 - 0 Astro.

Astro has a nap on a throw in, breakaway against our 4th string goalie = 1 - 1.

Astro gets 2 more before the half. Another Astro nap 5 minutes into the second half, and a duplicate breakaway, 3 - 2. But then nothing to worry about, play is controlled, goes to 4 - 2, they get a red card in the 75th and pop the top, 5 - 2.

Astro now 6 - 0 - 6 after being 1 - 0 - 5. Looking forward to a matchup with Greencaps upcoming!

(P.S. this game had 7 goals, and that's the full recap. I wonder how long a 0 - 0 recap might be?)

Very nice come back for Astro. It makes the division more interesting.

As flattered as I am that we seem to be constantly in your mind. Perhaps it is better that you do not try to do things like we do, and you do not try that we do things to your taste.
You know diversity of ideas and approaches is a good thing.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 0 - GN 0

The Campo Atletico players started a long journey on an deeply cold and dark night. A journey that seemed to take forever with the painful slow traffic and numerous unfortunate accidents that were encountered along the highway.

Campo players started to arrive as they could one by one on the desolated pitch that was engulfed by thick white fog. They were welcomed by the image of the collected GN players on their martial arts like warm up.

We knew that GN is the team with the best record in the division with no losses, but there was no fear or sense of real threat even when playing on this climatic adverse conditions. Perhaps the memory of the last game was fresh in our memories.

They game started at relatively slow pace. GN would control the ball in their own third defensive zone, but they could not pass the confrontation line with ease. Thus, time after time the ball was recovered by the defensive line or our holding midfielders. Sometimes the counter attack and transition would result in a relatively dangerous opportunity.

The Campo defensive line proved to be one of the most solid of the entire division once again by not allowing any threats. GN worked a nice combination that allowed penetration of lines once during the first half, but our libero managed to scoop the ball from the striker with no problem. A couple of errors on our part allowed them to intercept passes on the build up, but they shot wide or had a weak shot. That was about it for GN attacks. Nothing really dangerous.

During the second half our players controlled the play. GN was tired, and we were the ones doing the build ups and controlling possession. There were two real chances generated from this possesion that unfortunately our striker squandered.

The first situation arouse from having them retreat until the penalty box. On of our wingers made a nice penetrating diagonal pass in the air. One of our forwards controlled the ball. Both centre backs ran towards him. The other forward waited for the back pass. The ball was perfectly passed to the penalty spot, but the shot went wide.
The second chance was a one verstus one with the keeper after a good penetrating pass.

The Campo players almost scored in a unconventional manner. The keeper allowed a shot go between his legs, it went to the pots and bounced back to him, and the ball went back to the direction of the net, but it narrowly missed the goal.

Perhaps it is a just and fair result. GN did not manage to create threats. Campo had a few ones, but squandered them in a naive and painful manner.

GN is a very good team. It is clear that has good results; skilled players and good coaching. Our experience is that Snipers is way more dangerous and difficult to defend, but perhaps they do not have the consistency of GN.

Megatron

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 0 - GN 0

The Campo Atletico players started a long journey on an deeply cold and dark night. A journey that seemed to take forever with the painful slow traffic and numerous unfortunate accidents that were encountered along the highway.

Campo players started to arrive as they could one by one on the desolated pitch that was engulfed by thick white fog. They were welcomed by the image of the collected GN players on their martial arts like warm up.

We knew that GN is the team with the best record in the division with no losses, but there was no fear or sense of real threat even when playing on this climatic adverse conditions. Perhaps the memory of the last game was fresh in our memories.

They game started at relatively slow pace. GN would control the ball in their own third defensive zone, but they could not pass the confrontation line with ease. Thus, time after time the ball was recovered by the defensive line or our holding midfielders. Sometimes the counter attack and transition would result in a relatively dangerous opportunity.

The Campo defensive line proved to be one of the most solid of the entire division once again by not allowing any threats. GN worked a nice combination that allowed penetration of lines once during the first half, but our libero managed to scoop the ball from the striker with no problem. A couple of errors on our part allowed them to intercept passes on the build up, but they shot wide or had a weak shot. That was about it for GN attacks. Nothing really dangerous.

During the second half our players controlled the play. GN was tired, and we were the ones doing the build ups and controlling possession. There were two real chances generated from this possesion that unfortunately our striker squandered.

The first situation arouse from having them retreat until the penalty box. On of our wingers made a nice penetrating diagonal pass in the air. One of our forwards controlled the ball. Both centre backs ran towards him. The other forward waited for the back pass. The ball was perfectly passed to the penalty spot, but the shot went wide.
The second chance was a one verstus one with the keeper after a good penetrating pass.

The Campo players almost scored in a unconventional manner. The keeper allowed a shot go between his legs, it went to the pots and bounced back to him, and the ball went back to the direction of the net, but it narrowly missed the goal.

Perhaps it is a just and fair result. GN did not manage to create threats. Campo had a few ones, but squandered them in a naive and painful manner.

GN is a very good team. It is clear that has good results; skilled players and good coaching. Our experience is that Snipers is way more dangerous and difficult to defend, but perhaps they do not have the consistency of GN.
I was there watching as well, wanted to see what the hype of campo was about against one of the top teams. This analysis makes it seem like the game should have finished 3-0 or 4-0 to campo, let me just say ABSOLUTELY NOT. This was a match played very competitively by both sides. In my opinion, Campo was out chanced by GN, but neither side was able to produce a final product. Regardless, at the end of the day, based on the results, GN wins this season series on aggregate. Excited to see the second half of the season in this league.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was there watching as well, wanted to see what the hype of campo was about against one of the top teams. This analysis makes it seem like the game should have finished 3-0 or 4-0 to campo, let me just say ABSOLUTELY NOT. This was a match played very competitively by both sides. In my opinion, Campo was out chanced by GN, but neither side was able to produce a final product. Regardless, at the end of the day, based on the results, GN wins this season series on aggregate. Excited to see the second half of the season in this league.
My apologies I forgot to mention that Megatron, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee along with Snowhite and the seven dwarfs flew across traffic to watch the game and were seeing enduring freezing temperatures just by the allure of Campo's fame.
We are very honoured by this.
It is a matter of opinion, but we felt no threat from GN.

Perhaps a more interesting topic. Who will get promoted? The four points that GN lost with Campo might be the ones that give Snipers promotion.

I predict the Snipers for promotion. rhinos will win the other division.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies I forgot to mention that Megatron, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee along with Snowhite and the seven dwarfs flew across traffic to watch the game and were seeing enduring freezing temperatures just by the allure of Campo's fame.

Perhaps a more interesting topic. Who will get promoted? The four points that GN lost with Campo might be the ones that give Snipers promotion.

There is no H in Rino's

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Rino in a cowboy hat
Mr Compound Headache
Needs new glasses
UOTE="Canucks4Ever, post: 390940, member: 7767"]?

Isn't it a picture of Rino in a hat....[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0