Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a full team out and played like a team and dominated the game. Very surprised with Snipers as they looked disorganized and uninterested.
Should be a great finish to season, will definitely go down to the wire. Norvan has to play GN and Campo so those games will define who wins the division.
Kudos to you and Campo, Soccer Coach. I really didn't believe you guys would be towards the top of the table come end of the season, though I still think you are an egotistical prick.:finger:

In all fairness, when you predicted Campo failure you had only seen the offensively impotent team that started the year. 2 of their top 3 current attacking players were added to the team later in the season, and a number of weaker players were dropped to Div 3/CAT. It makes a big difference when you have guys that can fill the net.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa 0 - Campo Atletico 3 (Forfeit)
They knew that it was coming. Campo defeated them 3-0 with all their big guns in the last game. They knew that we were coming ready to avenge all of their fouls, insults, punches, and spitting from the previous game. The cowards, because there is no better word for them, decided to run away rather than facing judgement time.
tumblr_m3wap3m1ew1qdj4i3o1_500.gif

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa 0 - Campo Atletico 3 (Forfeit)
They knew that it was coming. Campo defeated them 3-0 with all their big guns in the last game. They knew that we were coming ready to avenge all of their fouls, insults, punches, and spitting from the previous game. The cowards, because there is no better word for them, decided to run away rather than facing judgement time.
View attachment 13025

Or, perhaps more likely, they couldn't field a team.

Seems a more logical solution given all the general challenges in getting players out that were highlighted previously in the Div 3 thread. Add to that the fact that, as has been roundly reported, they have lost several players to transfers I am willing to bet they would struggle for numbers. Then, sure, you can factor in the reality that they will almost certainly lose given Campo's quality, it's not a regular game time and the weather sucks and you begin to see how it could have been difficult to find keen players.

I'm sure if they could have played the game they would have and thus avoided the fines and fees they have now incurred...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I'm sure if they could have played the game they would have and thus avoided the fines and fees they have now incurred..."
Uhm... a team that has the cash to pay several thousand dollars to players will not be deterred by a fine that seems like peanuts compared to their payroll. Would you not agree? It is actually cheaper for them to pay the fine than the players.

The day, time, field, and weather is the same for both teams. We had 18 disciplined and hard working players ready to step on the field. Many of them moved work, family commitments, and school responsabilities to be on the field.

The story of the game of tonight is simply the story of two different teams/clubs. One wants to win the easy way without hard work and commitment (i.e. paying players). The other one wants to win as a result of its hard work and dedication to the game.

They knew that they were going to lose, and lose badly, so they simply did not bother to make the effort to show up with a team.

They have been postponing this game for a while until finally it was forced to them.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all fairness, when you predicted Campo failure you had only seen the offensively impotent team that started the year. 2 of their top 3 current attacking players were added to the team later in the season, and a number of weaker players were dropped to Div 3/CAT. It makes a big difference when you have guys that can fill the net.
The Campo players have been working very hard at improving their collective and individual game. This is the main reason for their improvement in performance.

Many of the players that were moved or had to leave are not "weak" nor they could not score. Many of them are very talented, skilled, and experienced. They could easily find spots in other division 2 teams. One even went to a top Division 1 team.

There were other strategically and tactical considerations that I can not explain on the forum.
We simply see the game and training of players in a different manner, this is why some of you can not understand the evolution of Campo or the crumbling of Tanoa. You see the players merely in terms of "strong/weak" or the functioning of a team as a reflection of the skill of the individual players. Football fortunately has other dimensions.

In any case, the most important thing is that Campo Atletico has deservedly reached the top of the table due to hard work and tenacity of its players.
It is hard to say if this will continue as many teams in this division are very good (Norvan,GN,Greencaps, Snipers, Meraloma, and even Astro), but it is nice to see that the players have been rewarded for their efforts.
“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Babe Ruth

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Campo players have been working very hard at improving their collective and individual game. This is the main reason for their improvement in performance.

Many of the players that were moved or had to leave are not "weak" nor they could not score. Many of them are very talented, skilled, and experienced. They could easily find spots in other division 2 teams. One even went to a top Division 1 team.

There were other strategically and tactical considerations that I can not explain on the forum.
We simply see the game and training of players in a different manner, this is why some of you can not understand the evolution of Campo or the crumbling of Tanoa. You see the players merely in terms of "strong/weak" or the functioning of a team as a reflection of the skill of the individual players. Football fortunately has other dimensions.

In any case, the most important thing is that Campo Atletico has deservedly reached the top of the table due to hard work and tenacity of its players.
It is hard to say if this will continue as many teams in this division are very good (Norvan,GN,Greencaps, Snipers, Meraloma, and even Astro), but it is nice to see that the players have been rewarded for their efforts.
“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Babe Ruth

Props on the rise to the top Soccer Coach, your squad has displayed determination and discipline.

You, however, are still a nutcase and need to be evaluated by a professional.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I'm sure if they could have played the game they would have and thus avoided the fines and fees they have now incurred..."

They knew that they were going to lose, and lose badly, so they simply did not bother to make the effort to show up with a team.

Jeeze, never have I seen someone so upset to be awarded 3 pts. You would honestly have prefered them to show up with 8 guys so you could wipe them 14-0?? Then come on here and gripe about how its a shambles that teams can't field players while you post 14 different videos for each goal that you scored?

I don't get your angle. Every time I start to think there is something being lost in translation and your passion for the game is just being miscontrued as arrogance and egotism, you prove pretty flat out that you are as advertised. Where's the humility? In this particular case Tanoa has completely fallen apart. Were they always destined for this given their appraoch and philosophy? Likely. Should the ones that remain be condemned to show up on a miserable night to be mercilessly slaughtered by you guys? Seems harsh. Especially when you consider that none of them are likely "on the payroll". I'd be willing to bet they would have had to default this game irrespective of who was scheduled to play them. In the end you come out of it with the points, no opportunities for injuries and a chance to be on regular rest for the weekend. Seems like a decent deal to me, but maybe I "don't understand" the finer points of being forfeited to...

Honestly you should be thankful they didn't show. Those kind of scorelines usually conjur Mr. Base a la Beetlejuice to rise from the abyss and condemn you as a "sheep firk"....though it would seem there may be a line for that... ;)

Big E

Nov 8, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOOHHHHHH CAMPPOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T YOU DAAAARRRRREEE BE SOUUURRR!!
CLAP FOR YOUR SOON TO BE, DIV 2 CHAMPS, AND FEEEEEEL THE POWAAHHHHH!

Been a while since Big E stepped in here! Canucks4Ever, I applaud you for trying to have a conversation with this goomba!

A reminder to Greencaps, NVFC, and Meraloma! This muff has been on here shite talking your respective teams for most of the season! And remember - the cooter on the sideline wearing the sweatpants, sweat shirt, hoody, sneakers and pin head? He's your author.

From all the games I've watched Campo play now (and I've seen most of them) the one thing they can't stand is getting beat up and knocked around like men. Shat-for-brains-soccer-coach doesn't realize that. You three are the most physical in the league, and in the case of Meraloma and Greencaps, have nothing left to play for other than the pleasure of dishing out some punishment :).

So to Farquea - have fun this weekend! Pull a Randy Johnson!

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - when did you find out about the postponement?

I could have told you on Saturday after playing them there was no chance they'd fulfill the fixture against you. To call them a rabble would be doing a disservice to rabbles everywhere

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - when did you find out about the postponement?

I could have told you on Saturday after playing them there was no chance they'd fulfill the fixture against you. To call them a rabble would be doing a disservice to rabbles everywhere
How many players did they have against you? They've still got 6 games to go, and 1 forfeit under their belt. 3 forfeits = expulsion from the league. If that happens, I think you have to void all their results from the year, which would put Meraloma back in the title hunt?

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many players did they have against you? They've still got 6 games to go, and 1 forfeit under their belt. 3 forfeits = expulsion from the league. If that happens, I think you have to void all their results from the year, which would put Meraloma back in the title hunt?

They brought 12 players

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't judge what kind of guy you are outside of this forum but what is clear to me is that you come across as an arrogant prick.. You're on a soccer forum with players of all abilities and experience, including those with professional and national team experience, yet you seem to think you see the game in a way that can't be fathomed by anyone else? I wish your team the best of luck and it sounds like you have a keen group of amateur players but puhlease spare us with the holier than thou thing you're doing.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't judge what kind of guy you are outside of this forum but what is clear to me is that you come across as an arrogant prick.. You're on a soccer forum with players of all abilities and experience, including those with professional and national team experience, yet you seem to think you see the game in a way that can't be fathomed by anyone else? I wish your team the best of luck and it sounds like you have a keen group of amateur players but puhlease spare us with the holier than thou thing you're doing.

You just wouldn't understand. You have the dreaded Northern European heritage.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention he's getting pretty worked up about performing at a div 2 level, and I mean no disrespect to players and teams in that league, but its really nothing to get so worked up about with posting irrelevant videos and "analysis". I hope you do get promoted. I would love to see this legendary team full of technical passers and scorers of great goals.

Football.Goalie

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
well thanks for the compliment. yes we have fantastic players with great attitude and hard working coach. but comments are just too harsh sometimes. i respect all the teams and their effort and i dont know what happened to tanoa last time, hopefully they do better next year at div3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0