Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting Club with a forfeit win over Burnaby Selects White Eagles. So two of the teams in a tight, three-way Division 2A race are awarded forfeit wins this week. Pressure will be on NVFC Viking Storm to do the business away to Meraloma in the Connaught Park muck this weekend. Due to be played on Saturday at 2pm, and as of Friday evening still doesn't look like it's been moved to Empire (yet). Meraloma have already had at least one league match this season postponed after a late pitch inspection by which time the teams had travelled.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
da7e807e855ef73724dcc86dc7264650.400x240x15.gif da7e807e855ef73724dcc86dc7264650.400x240x15.gif
Not to mention he's getting pretty worked up about performing at a div 2 level, and I mean no disrespect to players and teams in that league, but its really nothing to get so worked up about with posting irrelevant videos and "analysis". I hope you do get promoted. I would love to see this legendary team full of technical passers and scorers of great goals.
Whao! A few people seem to be having some strong emotions over the issue!
I am glad that we are not in medieval times; otherwise, I would be fearing for my house and liberty.

I will take the time to reply all of you. No worries. Just a bit busy with games. Try to be open minded and separate the issues from the emotional reaction. At the end I am simply advocating for more organizations from teams (i.e managers get their act together and do not forfeit games), follow the rules (i.e. do not pay players or consume alcohol or drugs at our home field), and make people aware that there other ways of playing other than kicking and running or hacking the opponent at every opportunity.
I am proud of the way that Campo players play, regardless of the score, and I do enjoy and celebrate their goals. If this makes me arrogant, then so be it. I am sure that you can live with it.
As for the guy, who said it is Division 2 or amateur, so it does not matter. You are wrong my friend. It does not matter if it is Division 6 or Premier or the final of the World Cup. You play and live each game the same way. Yes, Division 1 or Premier might have a younger or faster players, but at the end most teams still play a rather rudimentary and unsophisticated approach to game. I happened to see Chile and Richmond, and it was such a sad state of soccer. Both teams could rarely put passes together or have coherent plan. The poor Chilean keeper got tired of asking the ball back from the central defenders because everything was boot and clear.
You can be playing Division 3 and have a more thoughtful game. Like Burnaby Athletic. Those guy are on Division 3, but play nice and interesting soccer.

Last edited:

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 13040 View attachment 13040
Whao! A few people seem to be having some strong emotions over the issue!
I am glad that we are not in medieval times; otherwise, I would be fearing for my house and liberty.

I will take the time to reply all of you. No worries. Just a bit busy with games. Try to be open minded and separate the issues from the emotional reaction. At the end I am simply advocating for more organizations from teams (i.e managers get their act together and do not forfeit games), follow the rules (i.e. do not pay players or consume alcohol or drugs at our home field), and make people aware that there other ways of playing other than kicking and running or hacking the opponent at every opportunity.
I am proud of the way that Campo players play, regardless of the score, and I do enjoy and celebrate their goals. If this makes me arrogant, then so be it. I am sure that you can live with it.
As for the guy, who said it is Division 2 or amateur, so it does not matter. You are wrong my friend. It does not matter if it is Division 6 or Premier or the final of the World Cup. You play and live each game the same way. Yes, Division 1 or Premier might have a younger or faster players, but at the end most teams still play a rather rudimentary and unsophisticated approach to game. I happened to see Chile and Richmond, and it was such a sad state of soccer. Both teams could rarely put passes together or have coherent plan. The poor Chilean keeper got tired of asking the ball back from the central defenders because everything was boot and clear.
You can be playing Division 3 and have a more thoughtful game. Like Burnaby Athletic. Those guy are on Division 3, but play nice and interesting soccer.
Despite your sophisticated approach to the game, I think both chile and richmond would make your team look like pylons.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma (1-0) 1-3 North Vancouver Viking Storm

(brief report to come...)

Okay, maybe not so brief...

With Meraloma all but out of the Division 2A title hunt already, I wondered if they might feature a weakened squad full of their stiffs, to save their best members for the Division 2 Cup next weekend. But that didn't seem to be the case; while their man-bun striker wasn't there, the #10 giant midfielder was back, and it seemed a fairly solid line-up for the Kitsilano side.

Fairly even first half, which Meraloma finished 1-0 up. Very nice build-up for the goal, which four or five players were involved with deep in North Van's half. Scored by #9, the tall, brown-haired guy who has been at Meraloma for donkey's years. End-to-end stuff for much of the half. Entertaining football. Highlight probably North Van's diminutive #26 on the left flank, who rolled around theatrically looking for a yellow, only to dart back upright and ceaselessly enter into a jog once the caution had been awarded. 8.5 from the Russian judge for that, lad.

Second half saw North Vancouver pushing for the equalizer. Much of the final 45 was spent in and around Meraloma's 18-yard box. North Van would miss a chance, then Meraloma would spring into a counter-attack. Meraloma nearly scored a second, with an attack cleared off the line by a defender guarding the post. Meraloma's #9 also had a chance to put a second goal in, but it floated right into the 'keeper chest.

Some messy football, and finally North Van equalize. Just minutes later, the visitors are awarded a free-kick, and it is floated high and to the left. Hits the post, and in. Really nicely taken. You could see it going in in slow motion.

The ref was a short fellow who took stick from both sides for the entire match, although much of it seemed to be deserved due to missed infractions. He eventually sent off the bellowing North Vancouver manager, who failed to go quietly. A bit of a two-man comedy routine there.

North Vancouver press again, and Meraloma's giant #10 midfielder commits a cynical foul to bring down an advancing player that had passed him. Straight red.

Not all that long after North Vancouver's go-ahead goal, they receive another free kick, and it's almost the mirror image of the earlier kick. High and left, and swerves in. The North Van players, who earlier had seemed gutted to be 1-0 down and almost complacent to drop behind in the Division 2A title race, were elated with their third, and swarmed the goalscorer in front of their tent by the touchline.

The 1-3 scoreline probably flatters North Vancouver a bit; 1-2 would be been more appropriate.

Probably the best result for those wanting an exciting finish to the title and promotion chase. The result puts Campo (temporarily?) into third place; they are hosting Vancouver Greencaps right now, and a win would put Campo back into first, with only goal difference putting them ahead of North Van.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should mention that I did happen to miss the first few minutes (the match seemed to have kicked off prior to the scheduled 2:00pm, and I was a few minutes late), so it's possible there could have been an earlier goal that I wasn't witness to. I'd better add this, or else sod's law will indeed create an earlier goal.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should mention that I did happen to miss the first few minutes (the match seemed to have kicked off prior to the scheduled 2:00pm, and I was a few minutes late), so it's possible there could have been an earlier goal that I wasn't witness to. I'd better add this, or else sod's law will indeed create an earlier goal.

It was 2-0 lomas with less than 10 to go. Lost 3-2. The ref was terrible, both ways. Lomas finished with 9. 1 card, 1 injury. Gutted.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will let my very good and kind friend, Farquea, to provide the game report of this fixture.
Campo Atletico 0 - Greencaps 6

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan a good set of lads; the fat prick they have managing them is an absolute arsehole; the day he gets aids, the better off humanity will be.
I have coached and managed teams for the last 25 years
I have seen some terrible behaviour
But I would not wish that on anyone
Please remember it's only a game
Better off you just what annoyed you so much

99bllewellyn

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great set of lads; but the managers response today was an eye opener; he acted like a child; bet his son was proud of him...The fat racist prick ...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will let my very good and kind friend, Farquea, to provide the game report of this fixture.
Campo Atletico 0 - Greencaps 6

6-0 Greencaps!!??? Are you taking the piss?? Surely you're having a laugh...

I am legitimately in disbelief. I'm sure @Farquea and his mates celebrated every goal as if they'd won the World Cup ;)

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
My error. Campo 6 - Greencaps 0.
I was late at a family party when I wrote it. I will let @Farquea, or anyone else, have the honours of going first on the report of events.

A few notes. The referee was very good and managed well a game that could have been a minefield and could have been a battlefield. Perhaps he just let go a couple of rough tackles from the Greencaps who should have gotten cards for them. He also misscalled a couple of offsides, but this is not his fault. It is impossible to call them without assistants.

The referee for our CAT game was also very good. I believe that he is a Whitecaps Youth coach, and Kevin was in the previous game, so overall we have been having excellent referees. Perhaps Meraloma-North Van did not get the same experience, although I do not know how was refereeing there.

In other words, no complains about refereeing from our end.

@Canucks4Ever, we do have a conscience. We did celebrate with joy the first two goals and one that was really well executed, but most of the Greencaps seemed resigned and frozen from the beginning. I could see from the start of the warm up that things were going to go our way. They came walking looking down to the ground and with no energy or confidence.

Overall, I was happy with the finishing and transitions from Campo, but not completely pleased with the build ups, so we will work on those during the week. The guys worked very hard, so I was very happy for them for this well deserved victory against a good team/club.

Campo Atletico has given to the Greencaps their worst defeat in their history at the VMSL. It could have been 8-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0