Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - November 2004

Edit by Superman:This is a continuation of last month's Division 2 banter located here-http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142086#post142086

Norvan JB's 5 Douglas Park 3
The shite field was an equalizer at points in the game. They should have never scored 3 and we should have scored more than 5.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane,

Decent club website: looks good.

Giving credit where credit is due,

Keeper.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 3 - 3 Alemania

Couple of quick late goals to get the tie. Not the best of games for us today but nice to come back from 3-1 down to take a point. Also great to get a premier ref - not sure how that happened but thanks to the ref scheduler.

With all that rain, Kensington North is in amazing shape. Nice pitch!

The Turbuhaler

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Kensington North is in amazing shape.
NK Hrvat vs Point Grey United
Kensington North
POSTPONED

I guess they'd like to keep it no less. Sucks

The Belmont/Alemenia game was the only Div 2 match not postponed actually.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay (and Keeper!),

thanks for the kudos on the site.......we still ought to get together for a bend of the elbow before the end of the season.....
by the way, I saw that you guys (fury) rebounded with some resolve last week. Well done, good show of mettle.....

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Keane16 this happens to us every year. Players leave at some point or don't bother showing up and we get slapped around. I hope we can finish strong this year but it'll be hard to win against the better teams from now on.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

It's hard not to empathize with that: we're losing perhaps our best player Thursday for the rest of the season, and though numbers for us are seldom a problem, getting a consistency in the side is a big challenge.

By the way, is there a spring/summer league in Vancouver? This is our first season, and we'd like to play year round. If there isn't a league, I know that are a few of the organizers of our team who'd thought of setting something up, maybe with alot of players from our division in VMSL. Does this interest you or anyone else you know in our division?

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
keane16 said:
Keeper,

It's hard not to empathize with that: we're losing perhaps our best player Thursday for the rest of the season, and though numbers for us are seldom a problem, getting a consistency in the side is a big challenge.

By the way, is there a spring/summer league in Vancouver? This is our first season, and we'd like to play year round. If there isn't a league, I know that are a few of the organizers of our team who'd thought of setting something up, maybe with alot of players from our division in VMSL. Does this interest you or anyone else you know in our division?

keaner,

there are plenty of good sumer leagues to pick from and it will probably come down to which one will be accepting new teams and how early u get your squad together.i've played in a few different ones but the richmond,north van and engineering leagues were the better ones.and of course co-ed,cant leave that gem out of the mix!!!we are planning on getting back into one of the three leagues i mentioned this summer(5 or 6 from our team and a mix of mostly div 1 players)

belmont,

well done stealing that point from alemania.now somebody needs to take down shaheen

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though we came back from 2 down against Alemania we are still disappointed about dropping 2 points. Ties kill you and we have too many. Four wins and a tie in our last 5 games isn't too much to complain about though.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay,

thanks for all the info..I appreciate it (though with this rain, summer's but a dream for now).

I agree with you and your comment to bandcamp: well done against Alemania. They're a strong side and from 2 down against them is a strong comeback, and shows alot of resiliency.....just don't play so well against us!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uh, you do know what the Irish tend to do for socializing right? I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a decent place to drink in Dublin. Actually, my bird just returned after a month and a half in the Land of Leprechauns, said the area around Trinity College (downtownish) has a lot of drinking options and a young crowd. Otherwise, I suggest you close your eyes and swing a cat around your head. Should hit a pub on the first rotation.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I recommend you spin a tennis racket on its large end. When it stops and lands the direction the handle part is facing is the direction you should pray in. Otherwise, spin a cat around your head and go get drunk in Dublin.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 1 Signmaster 4

They deserved the win. We were flat almost from the start with bad, bad marking. We hit three posts and had two scrambles on the goal line which should have made a difference.
Crying bitch of the game is their talented centre back. Fcuking guy went down like a sniper hit him every time. The biggest pussy I have ever seen in soccer. Last year he screamed as if his leg was broken, only two minutes later to pop up and run around like nothing had happened(and he had no shin pad). All but him are pretty decent guys. As for him, he will get his Karma one day.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

McDade's just off Grafton street had the best pour, Mulligan's pretty good too. Also, there's a place just aroung the corner from that main entrance to Stephen's Green shopping centre (at the top of Grafton St.), down the stairs, it's got a huge square bar, little booths surrounding it, forget the name. Watched the Munster-Castres match there on Saturday..........brilliant! First time there, eerything was phenomenal (Clonakilty pudding, gubeen, cashel blue, plenty of Red Breast)....and loads of "da craic"

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 1 Signmaster 4

We started out the game with great intensity and outplayed the opposition for the first 20 minutes. We got the all-important first goal and then proceeded to hit 3 posts over the course of the first half. 1-nil at half and as the rain picked up so did Signmaster or perhaps it was us crashing hard after squandering several goal scoring opportunities. 10min into the half, Signmaster, on a corner that should not have been, scored on a well-taken header. About 5 mintues later a Signmaster winger from outside the 18 crosses the ball but misses his forwards head but hits the back corner of our net. 2-1. Our play became a bit scrambly at this point as we began pushing for the equalizer and the poor luck in front of the Signmaster net continued as opportunity after opportunity met with nothing. The contstant pushing up the field was eventually exposed for another couple of goals by Signmaster who put the stranglehold on JimBeam and perhaps the Div Title with, not a great, but a solid 90 minutes. The difference in this game was...a bit of misplaying on our part, a bit of luck...I don't know what to say....You make your own luck sometimes but tonight were damned not to be up by 3 goals at half.
The Signmaster team have a mobile solid squad and kept playing hard despite the early onslaught that left their keeper wondering if he was going to give up a touchdown with the PAT on the night.

It is tough going into the break on this kind of result and 7 hard come-by points out of first place. We can only hope that Signmaster used up all their lucky charms and that we paid off all the bad karma that bedeviled us last night and win out the rest of our games.

P.S. This thread is too fcuking quiet.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too quiet is right! Not much to talk about though with barely any games over the last couple of weekends. Signmaster is not in our group but the reason they are doing well is because you can't score on them. Fast back line with Mosher anchoring and he takes away any speed you may have up front. Other than that, a very ordinary Div 2 team that enjoys being in Div 2. Did the league ever institute a rule that if you were promoted you HAD to go up? I know they thought about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0