Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Rza" Ruddock

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 4 - Elephant Walk 'A' 2
Similar game for us as last week. Started very strongly to go into the halftime break 3-0 up and cruising. We relaxed a little into the second half and conceded two quick goals before steadying the ship and scoring a fourth. The playing surface really ripped up in the second half and didn't help either team. As the game went on, Elephant W got increasingly frustrated with the ref (and themselves) and would not shut up the entire game. Granted the ref was shite, but I have never heard so much whining from a group of grown men. #19 was a complete twat all game and should have been dismissed for screaming like a girl at any given opportunity and with 5 minutes to go out of pure frustration their #12 literally pile drived the smallest guy in our team into the goal posts head first after the whistle. Needless to say a ruckas followed and ironically it was our second smallest player who got sent off and the mother****er who started it all got a yellow card. In any football game anywhere he would have been dismissed and now as a result of his dangerous play (with which he was probably trying to make up for his blatant lack of footballing skill) we have lost one of our main strikers for 3 matches. Elephant Walk are just sore losers. Perhaps in the future they should concentrate less on moaning, whinging and foul play and more on scoring goals and winning games.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i gotta get in on the ref bashing here....fcuking brutal!!
as bandcamp posted earlier,i honestly think that was the worst ref in vmsl.
first half was a 40 min half at most and some shocking calls.second half our forward gets a yellow for being offside....later i get a red for asking what the call was...it went more like "what the fcuk for"!!!
the guy had no business first of all letting the game be played and being on the pitch...good solid game by both teams as it usually is when these two clubs meet

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was you with the red was it. Terrible call. Was that straight red or a second yellow? At least the red given to our guy was deserved.

I don't normally complain about the reffing as it's a thankless job and we get the bottom of the barrel in div 2 BUT he affected the game.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya unfortunately it was...straight red....brutal.that fcuks me for cup too!!
even the red on ur guy was a bit much

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
".......Elephant Walk are just sore losers. Perhaps in the future they should concentrate less on moaning, whinging and foul play and more on scoring goals and winning games......"

I have to agree Rza with your analysis, the 6'2" fat bastard who hip-checked our 5'6" winger into an immovable post was sheer thuggery.....he should be banned. His teammates should be embarrassed to see themselves on the same pitch as that fcuking scally---wedged into his uniform like a phone book shoved in a fishbowl---every week. I hate that kind of unathletic bush-league house-league hockey crap (the blind, attempt-to-maim hitting) you occasionally see in this league ALWAYS from some waddling, beer-swilling, rosy-cheeked, jowly fat man who can hardly tie his boots let alone play with anything approaching athleticism or sportsmanship....... Number 4, if you read this, the next time Elephant Crawl plays YFC I will play as fair as the day is long (as will my entire team, as should yours), but should you breathe on my winger again, you will breathe on me....this league should be about good competion, but also fair play......(Isn't that why we shake hands at the end of the match, go for pints after.....?)

p.s.watching Oleg--our striker--score a first half hat-trick as easily as hitting the water when falling out of a boat made victory all the sweeter..........

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coco or is it caca. Same shite no matter how you slice it. Now quit blowin #4. What are you doing on the sidelines? Not a soccer player perhaps. Guess what chump? That makes you not qualified to utter your worthless opinion............ Anyways, Good luck the rest of the way to Punjab. Didn't THE WATCHER say no hard feelings at the end of his last post. I guess THE WATCHER has ruffled a few feathers. Lets just see who makes it farther in the cup and that will be the one who is right. Or does this scenario frighten you. I see a potential first round exit against the ravens in your near future.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher

We don't need to carry this on although I know for a fact that your #12 uttered racial remarks. So you have no right to be talking about our #4 unless he was calling you white trash or a honky which obviously he didn't since Sporting showed the class on the day.

#4 on sporting kept saying (after he hit a NK player) "that's what your #12 is doing". So if you start it then be prepared to handle the after math. Although the bottom line is that none of this should have gone this far if the ref had just done his bloody job.

Our #4 had the guts to hit guys face to face which you have to respect. your #12 repeatdly sucker punched our #9 from behind so it angers me to hear you even talk.

AT THE END OF THE DAY SPORTINGS MANAGEMENT ON THE SIDE DID NOT GET INVOVLED (OR DRAWN IN) AND SHOWED THE UTMOST RESPECT AND CLASS WHICH I DON'T BELIEVE MANY TEAMS AROUND WOULD HAVE DONE

Let's close this book now, time to look ahead to next weekend ...

Cheers!
LadiesJatt

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THE WATCHER is all for closing the book on this one. There are no excuses just end results. The points were split between the two teams and the games were not bad. I agree that the first game was cleaner but they usually are. Good luck here on in............PS......NK does win 5-3 on agregate.....hahahahaha

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp:

In my 2005 TTP Div.2 pool picks I have Belmont going out in the quarters to Richmond FC. Prove me wrong! :)

max

PS. If I am correct, you would only play Bingers if you made it to the final? That doesn't sound like a collision course but rather a favourable reading of the tea leaves.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blink - correct you are. When the draw first came out it had us playing the winner of the Bingers game but it has now changed.

You picked RFC over us? I predict your pub team will lose to that other pub team this weekend. Ahhhhhhhh...

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp:

it's all on past form, no offense intended, as RFC won the Div2 cup last year, whereas PGR went out to WU Sarajevo I think?

max

ps. prove me wrong

Monkey

Feb 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I hate that kind of unathletic bush-league house-league hockey crap (the blind, attempt-to-maim hitting)....... Number 4, if you read this, the next time Elephant Crawl plays YFC I will play as fair as the day is long"

Keane - perhaps you should read your own statement a little closer.

I unfortunately watched most of this game as driving down Boundary was surprised to see two games being played on what is now a nice mucked up field. Made the bad choice to stop and watch some "soccer" prior to the Superbowl.

This was a terrible game to watch as both teams have their share of idiots. What I watched was a YFC player run the EW goalie, whining by a EW defender all day long, the YFC midfielder pull the bushest move of kicking the neighbouring game's ball at the EW player dribbling the ball, a shoulder by the EW defender knocking a YFC player into a post, YFC player on the sideline charging the field to become a hero, and about 6 giveaways by both teams leading to every goal. Should have seen a few reds both ways and I shouldn't have stopped to watch this terrible game.

I would suggest to Keane16 and RZA that their assessment of the game fails to take account for their own teams bush-league house-league hockey crap and EW is terrible this year - enough said.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"......kicking the neighbouring game's ball at the EW player dribbling the ball, a shoulder by the EW defender knocking a YFC player into a post, YFC player on the sideline charging the field to become a hero.."

Monkey,

fair play on (some) points...especially the last one. I disagreed with the player running out to be "the hero" but to be fair, he was only following one of EW's subs who'd raced out as soon as the rough stuff started.....

....as for your your myopia with regard to our goals, that's another matter altogether....

We look forward to a big test this week against Belmont--a pretty good side

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane - also looking forward to the game as you guys have come on nicely since the start of the season. I have a feeling it will be a pretty good match up, with Belmont winning by three of course.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Keane - also looking forward to the game as you guys have come on nicely since the start of the season. I have a feeling it will be a pretty good match up, with Belmont winning by three of course.

bandcamp,

thanks for the nice words......hope it's a good match..our ranks are thinning, however, as the season goes on we're losing a few key players......I'm predicting a close one.

good luck saturday

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excuses are out already eh? If that's the way you want to be: Belmont is missing all 11 starters for this weekend's game and will be playing with only 7 players. Should make for a close one...

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
The excuses are out already eh? If that's the way you want to be: Belmont is missing all 11 starters for this weekend's game and will be playing with only 7 players. Should make for a close one...

Bandcamp,

it might be close, but let's wait and see: I don't know if the seven of you will agree, but as my whole team has come down with a severe case of impatago, I'll will be the lone representative, and I suggest a winner-take-all paper, rock, scissors tournament to take place at the 18-yard line....the winner will get the other team's orange slices.

OR, as we (I) will have no keeper, maybe you'll let me use a (air) hockey net as my goal should you not agree to the paper, rock, scissors thing......let me know.....

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 2-1 Yaletown FC

Well, I must commend Belmont on a pretty solid performance, and the scoreline is pretty flattering for us even though we lost. Our keeper had a solid performance, and Belmont's finishing could use some work, but they had all the chances and most of the run of play. It was a fairly good-natured encounter, though, and it was nice to play some actual football again after our recent manhandling by the slow shitebags from Ele**** Walk. They may be unable to beat anyone on the pitch with skill, but they managed to injure enough of our starting players that we were easy pickings for Belmont this week. It's too bad our scheduled matches with Belmont earlier in the season were cancelled, since it would probably be a great matchup if we were at full strength.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy - can't really argue with your assessment. One way traffic most of the day and we really should have had it wrapped up at half time but our finishing was terrible - and your keeper was man of the match by a mile! We let you hang around long enough that I was sure a late goal was in the works to drop some points.

Good fellas on Yaletown, as expected, and the rematch should be goodtimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0