Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 VMSL Div 3 2010 - 2011 Banter, Results, and Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, since nobody else is motivated enough to start a thread off for the newbies and bottom dwellers, here goes.

Week 1: first game for the new Celtic, with a substantial number of our old farts in the lineup against Zawisa. Lost a squeaker 1-0 at Andy Livingstone, with each side getting a player tossed in unrelated incidents. Not a bad effort at all, but needed some finish.

Week 2: first win for the new Bhoys; a solid 3-0 whomping of Cosmos at the Clinton Mud Bowl. Had 2 more called back as Taki was feeling a bit sympathetic for the guys in red after one of their players blew his ankle ligament in a challenge near the sideline. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, dude.

Anybody else feel like sharing?

Cheers,

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully not us...;)

Dunno, Regs. I've been out of the open game for quite a long time, so don't know much about the competition at this level, although Turkistan FC is -17 after two games and lost their first one 11-0 so I'd nominate them as a strong candidate.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we (lake city) have 10 ga in two games so a little off the pace for 100. came close last year (as socceroos b in the cat div) with 96 ga, including our cup game.

week one got worked by campobasso who looked like a possible early favourite to take 3b, but looking at some other results might be 3 or 4 teams having a shot. campo will be in the top 3.

week two lost to 13th legion, no subs and two strikers playing defense never helps, 1-0 at the half but the defense could only hold on for so long. 13th legion nowhere near in the league of campo, looking like a 6th to 8th place team. would be nice to play them with a full squad.

battle for 9th place heats up friday night at byrne creek turf, ha!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raul:

We have WTFC this weekend. Played against them 3 times this summer in the airport league, so we know more or less what to expect from this game. Hopefully we can give them a tough reception at the Clinton mudpit with a strong showing like last week's.

Good luck with your game.

Trying to avoid the wooden spoon,

Trece

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lake city 3 - cya soccer 2.

turns out when your goalie thinks he's lost his wedding ring at the field right before the game he gets a bit distracted and lets in a few beach balls from 30 yards out, ha.
we were down 2-0 after 20 minutes, get a guy red carded after 25, up 3-2 by halftime. go figure.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raul:

Congrats on the win, even if you did have to do it the hard way. Gets you guys out of the basement as well.

Looking forward to tomorrow's slogfest in the Clinton mud pit.

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Div 3A powerhouse Surrey Pilons (they were leading the pack at the start of the day) lose 10-1

And Turkistan are well on their way to 100GA losing 11-0... 29GA after 3 games

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dropped to 1-2 with a 3-0 stinker to Pacifica. Too many players showing up on Brazilian time and our backup backup keeper in goal (complete with ping pong paddle hands) meant that we were disadvantaged by our own actions.

On to next week...

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, lake city is back in the race for 100. 10-0 loss to pacifica helps.

turns out we don't have a whole lot of depth, same story as our game against 13th legion, missing 4 starters is like playing shorthanded. they scored 6 times in about fifteen minutes in the middle of the first half and that was it.

i know it's funny to say after taking a ten spot, but i wasn't overly impressed with them, still think they're a 4th or 5th place team, they just haven't played any of the top teams in the div yet. and it looks more and more like there's a bit of a gap between the top 4 teams and the bottom 6 in the div.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost a 2-1 squeaker to the Firemen on Saturday. Not sure who Raul considers the "top teams" in the division, as we played the whole game with 10 (including 5 Masters' players), and according to The Most Excellent Site, they are tied with Pacifica for 1st.

I would consider Pacifica the strongest team we have played so far, as FF were definitely beatable on the day.

Onward to Campobasso to see if we can turn the good ship Celtic around with a full side on the park.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i would have figured firefighters, signmaster and campo to be the top 3. of course, i've only seen campo so far, but i would pick them to beat pacifica by a few goals. perhaps the inconsistencies of div 3 soccer are showing in 3b early in the season. and the most excellent site also says that pacfica hasn't played anybody in the top 5 yet, it'll be interesting to see what they do the next 3 weeks against some of the stronger teams.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campobasso 6 Celtic 0

Full side on the pitch, so no excuses about numbers. First half was quite even with only an offside goal allowed by the blind man in the middle. Chances were fairly even although they had an edge in possession. 1-0 at the half.

2nd half was a different story, as they outworked us through the middle and played the transition game very well, to the point where our back line just ran out of gas, and were taken advantage of. These guys had the best back line I've seen in the division so far, but they weren't invulnerable as our old farts up front exposed them on more than a couple of occasions and were lacking only in finish. A good team overall, and I'd expect them to finish well this year. These guys definitely play well together and look as if they have for a while, whereas our lot are a new team still learning each other's names. Next week vs. 13th Legion, and hopefully some better examples of how to transition than we showed today...

Trece

ps - Thighmaster 11 Lake City 1 as Raul's side advances their bid to catch Turkistan FC in the race to 100...

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ps - Thighmaster 11 Lake City 1 as Raul's side advances their bid to catch Turkistan FC in the race to 100...

we are hot on their heels, and if we keep having only 8 guys show up to road games we'll blow past them sooner or later, ha.

solar is right, the division looks like it's shaping up the way it should now, after seeing what signmaster brings to the table, i'm thinking the top 3 is how it should be. huge match-up between campobasso and firefighters this saturday. also huge match-up between cya and cosmos sunday afternoon as the battle for 9th place heats up.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 0 13th Legion 0

Welcome to Stooopidville. I don't think any of their players had an IQ higher than their jersey numbers; even including the guy wearing # 99.

A red card to one of their midfielders in the first half for running 20 yards at one of our players after a slide tackle left them a player down and more than a few dollars short for the rest of the game. We soaked up the pressure and the misplaced testosterone and came out even.

Gotta say, though, it only provides a limited amount of amusement taking the piss out of such a clueless bunch:

Me: nice one-handed throw-in, doofus.
Him: Yeah, old man? Why aren't you reffing, then?
Me: because the league won't pay me as much as your mom did.
...and so it went. Cheap amusement at the expense of the mentally challenged, but our old guys got stuck in and held on.

Striker = 50 years old.
Keeper = 46 years old.
Sweeper = 40 years old.
Centre mid = 48 years old.

Thanks for coming out, kids. Now go take your sorehead attitudes back home for Zia's pasta dinner, and have a good whine with your formaggio. Pretty sad when Mr. Big Shot has to come up with his best line in the handshake lineup after the game. The only thing with any class about this team was their coach, who was actually a very nice guy, and apologetic about his players' attitudes afterward. Can't wait for the rematch...:rolleyes:

Trece

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ifc zawisza 1 - lake city 0

believe it or not, we actually deserved better out of this game. they had one good scoring chance and they buried it. their goalie made a few great saves and a d-man cleared one off the line. i guess we're not half bad when we have more than 8 guys and our defense is intact. on to the cosmos this week, hopefully we can get a bounce going our way around their box.

and the surprises keep coming, signmaster 4 - pacifica 1, really? still can't figure out this div.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
turkistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brutal

wasnt friends united on the other end of the 11-0 scores last year....

someone tell me

has friends united improved or is turkistan really that bad....

solar

Oct 5, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like both Lakecity and Killarney had tough weekend with a couple of losses. Firefighters with their first tie of the season with 13th Legion picking up some points. Campo with a win over Pacifica. Firefighters, Campobasso, and Thighmasters at the top of the 3B table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0