Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2/3/CAT CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for killing my theory! haha

I wouldn't say it kills the theory. South Delta (and Guildford to some extent) made significant roster upgrades heading into this year.

Any of the current top Div 2 teams will struggle in Div 1 next year unless they similarly recruit better players.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0 - Campo Atletico 2

On a cold and dark Friday night, Campo players embarked in long journey to the gates of the underworld. Their destination is called Newton Athletic Park, a soccer field in a remote and desolated area. Their labour this time was a death duel with one of the Gorgons of Division 2A, the mighty and powerful GN.

At distance, we can see the an army of more than 20 gigantic GN players doing their group warm up routine. They are serious and determined. This is most complete and organized GN team that we have ever seen (even during Division 1 battles). Our crew has been decimated by illness and injury. Perhaps a further test from the Soccer Gods. Only one injured substitute is available a the beginning of the game. We heard news that another reinforcement might arrive later during the second half. But Campo players are remain calm; they are no shy nor new to facing overwhelming challenges.

The whistle blows and echoes through the darkness. GN players furiously press and put Campo against the wall. Campo can not keep possession or circulate the ball at all for the first 15 minutes. The entire GN team has stormed in our own half. The referee is unusually strict about fouls, and gives at 6 dangerous fouls to GN; all of them are within scoring range. Perhaps the referee is aware of the importance of the game, and he wants to keep it under control. On the game on the other side the other two teams are boxing more than playing football, and eventually it erupts into a mass brawl that forces the referee to abandon the game.

On on of the free kick, the GN player perfectly crosses the ball just above everyone's head. On the opposite end, another GN player jumps into the air and chests the ball down. He is in front of the net alone with the keeper, but he kicks it wide as he lands without balance. Campo has been saved. A few minutes later, another perfectly placed cross; the ball is headed back to one free player. He is 7 meters away from the net with a clear shot. Everybody on the sideline is just waiting for him to put the ball in the net, but by a pure miracle the ball goes above the crossbar by a mere inch. However, this is not the end. Another free kick, the ball goes with a nice curve into the group of players waiting to head it; one of the tallest GN players heads it well and the ball touches with slow agony the post.
GN could have been easily 3-0 up within the first 15 minutes of the game.

On the bench, we think that perhaps this is the end of the cup run. Finally, Campo will fall at the hands of GN who in the past has defeated our players in this place by wide margins of 5 - 0 or more.

However, perhaps Pallas Athena has compassion for our players and infuses them with courage and confidence. Minute by minute and inch by inch, our players fight with bravery and start to slowly gain control of the game. It took only one brilliant attack to strike to the hear of GN. Our diminutive forward (5 feet and 3 inches) had a moment of magic. He receives the ball just in front of the semi-circle. He dribbles past the holding midfielder. The two towers of the center back chase him to the end of the goal line. It is like watching men chasing a kid. They are closing him down, but he does then unthinkable. A heel pass to the trailing midfielder who perfectly places the ball on the net. Like the pass of Guti to Benzema.

This fantastic goal strikes the heart and mind of GN. Their morale falls apart. They stop pressing and retreat to defend. Perhaps they feel that if Campo scores this easy more goals will come.

Once Campo gets control of the ball the game becomes a foregone conclusion. GN chases most of the time. Campo has about three clear goal scoring opportunities. In one our player was about to put into the net, but he slips when he is about to put the ball in the net. The ground is wet and cold. Finally, the second goal comes from a short range shot. A ground pass to the penalty spot. The keeper tries to stop it but the ball escapes from his hands and with desperation he crawls into the net trying to save it. Not his mistake give the force of the shot and the fact that is truly freezing. He made an amazing save a few minutes later. A ground shot that he literally deflected with his fingertips and then hits the post.

The game started to become really foully after a while. I do not think that it was from bad intentions on both sides. The referee simply got too strict on minor fouls and too lenient on dangerous fouls; thus, the game flow was cut a lot without necessity and then intensity of the battle went up in other situations detracting from the game. Not the best night for him because he suffocated the game.

The final whistle blows and GN players walk away tired and defeated, but in my mind (and I I wish they feel this way), they had a good game and could have easily won it.

The Campo unit feels happy and relieved for having accomplished one more deed as in the past many Campo teams have heroically fall at the hands of the monster of GN.

Campo players are returning home to prepare for the next voyage to the Balkans.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0 - Campo Atletico 2

On a cold and dark Friday night, Campo players embarked in long journey to the gates of the underworld. Their destination is called Newton Athletic Park, a soccer field in a remote and desolated area.

Ouch...

Wonder how the rest of Surrey that "remote and desolated" municipality would feel about this shout...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the next round, the game with Serbia FC will be very challenging. A team who is winning a division even if it is a division 3 should not be discounted. Teams from the Balkan areas are never to be under-estimated. They have one or three players very talented players who in any given situation can make a goal and win a game. After long discussions with informants and the oracle. We have concluded that once again the odds are not in Campo's favour. We sincerely hope that our players recover and heal in time for the next game with Meraloma. All these games have been very enjoyable and exciting, but they have brought a heavy toll in our camp.

If we survive this dangerous expedition to the Balkans, then more challenging times are ahead with Squamish and the Vancouver Strikers, who are waiting their turn in taking Campo down. Campo has become, the perennial underdog as the TTP pundits deem division 2B the better one and more difficult of the two divisions. Will the TTP pundits ever cast their blessings and support on Campo?

• Bag of Dicks
Reactions: SFC

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0 - Campo Atletico 2

On a cold and dark Friday night, Campo players embarked in long journey to the gates of the underworld. Their destination is called Newton Athletic Park, a soccer field in a remote and desolated area. Their labour this time was a death duel with one of the Gorgons of Division 2A, the mighty and powerful GN.

At distance, we can see the an army of more than 20 gigantic GN players doing their group warm up routine. They are serious and determined. This is most complete and organized GN team that we have ever seen (even during Division 1 battles). Our crew has been decimated by illness and injury. Perhaps a further test from the Soccer Gods. Only one injured substitute is available a the beginning of the game. We heard news that another reinforcement might arrive later during the second half. But Campo players are remain calm; they are no shy nor new to facing overwhelming challenges.

The whistle blows and echoes through the darkness. GN players furiously press and put Campo against the wall. Campo can not keep possession or circulate the ball at all for the first 15 minutes. The entire GN team has stormed in our own half. The referee is unusually strict about fouls, and gives at 6 dangerous fouls to GN; all of them are within scoring range. Perhaps the referee is aware of the importance of the game, and he wants to keep it under control. On the game on the other side the other two teams are boxing more than playing football, and eventually it erupts into a mass brawl that forces the referee to abandon the game.

On on of the free kick, the GN player perfectly crosses the ball just above everyone's head. On the opposite end, another GN player jumps into the air and chests the ball down. He is in front of the net alone with the keeper, but he kicks it wide as he lands without balance. Campo has been saved. A few minutes later, another perfectly placed cross; the ball is headed back to one free player. He is 7 meters away from the net with a clear shot. Everybody on the sideline is just waiting for him to put the ball in the net, but by a pure miracle the ball goes above the crossbar by a mere inch. However, this is not the end. Another free kick, the ball goes with a nice curve into the group of players waiting to head it; one of the tallest GN players heads it well and the ball touches with slow agony the post.
GN could have been easily 3-0 up within the first 15 minutes of the game.

On the bench, we think that perhaps this is the end of the cup run. Finally, Campo will fall at the hands of GN who in the past has defeated our players in this place by wide margins of 5 - 0 or more.

However, perhaps Pallas Athena has compassion for our players and infuses them with courage and confidence. Minute by minute and inch by inch, our players fight with bravery and start to slowly gain control of the game. It took only one brilliant attack to strike to the hear of GN. Our diminutive forward (5 feet and 3 inches) had a moment of magic. He receives the ball just in front of the semi-circle. He dribbles past the holding midfielder. The two towers of the center back chase him to the end of the goal line. It is like watching men chasing a kid. They are closing him down, but he does then unthinkable. A heel pass to the trailing midfielder who perfectly places the ball on the net. Like the pass of Guti to Benzema.

This fantastic goal strikes the heart and mind of GN. Their morale falls apart. They stop pressing and retreat to defend. Perhaps they feel that if Campo scores this easy more goals will come.

Once Campo gets control of the ball the game becomes a foregone conclusion. GN chases most of the time. Campo has about three clear goal scoring opportunities. In one our player was about to put into the net, but he slips when he is about to put the ball in the net. The ground is wet and cold. Finally, the second goal comes from a short range shot. A ground pass to the penalty spot. The keeper tries to stop it but the ball escapes from his hands and with desperation he crawls into the net trying to save it. Not his mistake give the force of the shot and the fact that is truly freezing. He made an amazing save a few minutes later. A ground shot that he literally deflected with his fingertips and then hits the post.

The game started to become really foully after a while. I do not think that it was from bad intentions on both sides. The referee simply got too strict on minor fouls and too lenient on dangerous fouls; thus, the game flow was cut a lot without necessity and then intensity of the battle went up in other situations detracting from the game. Not the best night for him because he suffocated the game.

The final whistle blows and GN players walk away tired and defeated, but in my mind (and I I wish they feel this way), they had a good game and could have easily won it.

The Campo unit feels happy and relieved for having accomplished one more deed as in the past many Campo teams have heroically fall at the hands of the monster of GN.

Campo players are returning home to prepare for the next voyage to the Balkans.

You ever consider writing a fictional story and taking it to Hollywood? Sounds like the 300 script

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
... uhmm.... sometimes I lose faith in the intellect of my fellow posters... but sometimes I think perhaps they really do get the geist and understand the posts and this why they are getting so upset about them, and they are just pretending to play dumb...

Dear @Soccer Coach ,

We know you're a troll. We aren't upset. We don't care. We just think you're an arrogant prick.

Signed,

The TTP Community

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

• Harps FC A (D2B, 3rd) vs. NK Hrvat A (D2B, 4th) – Harps playing a good offence is a better deffence approach. Goals.
  • Campo Atletico (D2A, 2nd) vs. FC Serbia (D3B, 1st) – Tough one but I think Campo's stingy defence will be the difference in this one.
  • Snipers FC A (D2A, 4th) vs. Squamish FC (D2B, 6th) – My upset of the week pick? Maybe these two teams are more evenly matched than people think.
  • Vancouver Strikers (D2B, 2nd) vs. Surrey United B (CAT, 1st) – Cat Dream ends.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

• Harps FC A (D2B, 3rd) vs. NK Hrvat A (D2B, 4th)
  • Campo Atletico (D2A, 2nd) vs. FC Serbia (D3B, 1st)
  • Snipers FC A (D2A, 4th) vs. Squamish FC (D2B, 6th)
  • Vancouver Strikers (D2B, 2nd) vs. Surrey United B (CAT, 1st)

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear @Soccer Coach ,

We know you're a troll. We aren't upset. We don't care. We just think you're an arrogant prick.

Signed,

The TTP Community
Dear @penguin,
It is good to know that you are the representative of the entire on-line community.
Would your candor let me know what do you want me to do? Would you like that I quit posting?
(I already did this...)
Should I only post messages that stroke the egos of regular member of this on-line community and their teams?
What makes me an arrogant prick?
Yours truly.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) I would like to congratulate to all the players, managers and coaches of the teams that have survived to this point. The cup started with more than 50 teams, and many strong teams have been eliminated in the process. If your team made it to this stage, it is no longer luck or chance.

2) It is interesting that only one team from a major club has not been eliminated which is Surrey United. Rinos, Norvan, Vancouver United, Richmond, Vancouver Athletics, Coquitlam-Metro Ford have no teams.
This speaks well of the dedication of the people that manage these small club/teams.

3) Two teams represent the former Yugoslavia. It is a reflection of the passion and skill for the game from the people of those lands.

4) I regret that some very good teams are out the competition (i.e. GN, Norvan, Burnaby Athletic). They for sure would have made the final rounds more difficult.

5) Predictions below. Best of luck to everyone in these final rounds.

Eastvan

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk hrvat over Harps in pk. My upset of week

Campo over Serbia. Defense wins championship and Serbia can't play any

Squamish over Snipers. 50/50 pick

Strikers over Surrey. Strikers have strong squad and should make it to final from bottom half.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk hrvat over Harps in pk. My upset of week

Campo over Serbia. Defense wins championship and Serbia can't play any

Squamish over Snipers. 50/50 pick

Strikers over Surrey. Strikers have strong squad and should make it to final from bottom half.

For me:
NK Hrvat over Harps. (I saw NK Hrvat and I liked how they played).
Serbia over Campo. (To keep us motivated; we still need to make a lot of corrections in our play, and we can never underestimate a Balkan team).
Snipers over Squamish (I am sure that they will be able to pull it together and get back to their formidable form of the early part of the season.
Vancouver Strikers over Surrey United (If the guys from the Strikers are the guys who I think they are, a good forward and coaches from youth teams, then they should go all the way to the finals).

Semifinals
NK Hrvat over Serbia (all in the family type of game)
Strikers over Snipers

Finals
Vancouver Strikers B-Cup champions.

In my opinion two very good teams are out of the Semi-finals and Finals. Westside and Burnaby Athletic. A couple of days ago, I happened to run into a person from Burnaby, and he clarified that there are only two players that used to play on loan from Shaheen. It is a really well coached team. It is really amazing that they only conceded 3 goals in 18 games and almost reached the 100 goal mark. It means that collectively they play very well and understand well tactics and strategy.

I also thought that Westside had a very well coached team, so I regret that those two teams are out of the competition. Next season it is going to be very difficult with the promoted teams. Division 2 has improved. The top teams play like Division 1 teams of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0