Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd 'C' 4-1 Club Ireland Hibs

A terrible showing in the first 45 by the Bhoys tonight in some of the worst rain and wind I've seen in some time...no one looked like they were ready to play...it was like watching a U-8 game where the players cluster and chase the ball around the field. Our awful first half was a direct result of players straggling to the field 20-30 minutes before kick-off, allowing themselves a useless 5-10 minutes of warm-up. Surrey came out flying and did well to lock us down in our half, taking full advantage of the very windy conditions and pressuring our backline superbly. The continual pressure forced us into 3 simple errors/turnovers in our defensive third, leaving us 3-0 down at the half in a must win match to maintain any hopes of reaching Div. 2 Cup play.

The second half was merely about pride for our lot, but the bhoys answered back with much pressure and possession, eventually paying off with an awkward solo effort by Snake. In the following 10-minutes, we showed that Surrey were beatable and are easily rattled when under high-pressure, but we didn't create much in terms of direct goal-scoring chances. 4-1 the final, although the ref called the game with 5-minutes to go, no complaints though, as those of us on the sideline were freezing and completely soaked through to the skin.

Congrats to Surrey Utd 'C' as they secure the final Div. 2 Cup berth, seeing as Lobbans withdrew themselves from contention earlier this week...good luck in the Cup!

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4 - Club I 1

Well it was a rainy windy brutal night in surrey but united came out to play. A quick 2 goals from one of our best and a 3rd to put the game away early set up surrey for a second half of game control and trying to stay warm. A handful of subs at half slowed the momentum for about 15 mins or so but after giving up an easy one (and surrey doesn't give up many) we settled down and took the game back into our favour. A late goal by the sweeper as club I pressed for goals sealed the deal.

as far as being rattled under pressure and being quote "beatable" i would have to say just look at the goals against and try and test the back 4 of surrey united any day of the week and we will give you the hardest 90 test you have faced all year.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats. to Surrey on A well deserved win over a Club I. side weakened by several key players missing. Best wishes for a good cup run.

Still trying to dry off from some of the worst fcuking weather in a long time. Wet to the ass-hole!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Davie, that is a picture that no one wants to think about.

Aye, you at 2:00 am last night might be an image we don't want to think about. :D

GIRUY.

BTW, BOTH college basketball games today will be ties..........can't see them any other way.

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4 - Vancouver Stars 0

A fairly basic game today. United controlled the pace of the game for the entire 90 mins and scored a few nice goals. Not much to write about today. On to div 2 cup next week.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great win for our cat team tomorrow!

1-0 DEFAULT over Lobbans.

How ABSOLUTELY FCUKING PATHETIC when a team defaults late on friday when half your team has rearranged/cancelled work shifts in order to play the game.

Sidewinder

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder said:
Another great win for our cat team tomorrow!

1-0 DEFAULT over Lobbans.

How ABSOLUTELY FCUKING PATHETIC when a team defaults late on friday when half your team has rearranged/cancelled work shifts in order to play the game.

Sidewinder

Yes looks like Lobbans packed it in for the year :confused: . At least you got a call.

Nomads B are worse though, who show up at Holly in Ladner with 6 guys. 1/2 there team didn't only fcuk us but they fcuk there own team guys. now thats pathetic :eek: .

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Davey we did not get the courtesy of a phone call, just noticed it on "this weeks schedule" as I was leaving for our div.1 game at 5 p.m.[and it was not even there at 4 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0