Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

5 for 5 on the predictions from last week!! I misjudged Wichams Cat team as I think they are much better than the standings show and were unlucky not to have gotten a better result. Keeper made some great saves to keep the shut out. We scored in the first few minutes and thought it was going to be a cake walk. However they have some talented players and pressed hard for a goal. We played most of the game with 10 men each. An injury to them and a soft red card for us. This week should be a good one with the all Westside battle!!! :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stranger said:
5 for 5 on the predictions from last week!!
Are you sure?

Stranger said:
City FC Rangers "B"
Sikh Temple GFC
Beach Grove
Sun/2.00pm
Gurps and co loose a bit of steam and drop points to City FC 2-1

;)

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention Gurps. I should of known better than to bet against you!!!!!!!! :bronco:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WFC Rangers B 2 : 0 Wickham FC B

First of all, Inter River #4 is not at the "End of Premier Street". Instead, you should just go past Cap College and make a left at the top of the hill.

This certainly wasn't the greatest game we've ever played, but well enough to get the points. I suppose part of the problem in the first half was scoring so quickly (first minute or two) and Wickham going down a man with an injury (no subs) -- we kind of sat back and thought it would be an easy stroll. But then we went down a man with two yellows to an overzealous ref.

After that, pretty uneventful. Wickham does work hard has some skill at times, but, as mentioned elsewhere, they have no finish whatsoever.

We're going to have to play much better next week when we meet Rino's. (Is that who we play? I'll have to double check.)

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Burnout-

You were talking about a game on the pitch in your addled fcuking mind. We gave you 3 gift goals and your team couldn't manage more than one other good opportunity on the net, cause they can't hit the net. I have been soundly beaten by a couple of Club I squads in the past few years but that was not one of them.

Yes indeed, this is TTP and when you pull up some pre weekend prediction for an after the fact toss-when I don't think you have even posted on this thread this year-you will get a reaction-you think I will lie down to be pissed on? Fcuk you.

You want to come to the TTP park and lurk, fine, otherwise get in here and get dirty...

So take a deep breath...and shove your head firmly up your arse.
Here's a happy smiley for you :D

ps: I'll laugh when you display some humour

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Sikh Temple 2 - City FC 0

Good game for us last night at the new Holly Turf, which is a very nice turf field I might add.

I thought we controlled most of the game. The City forwards didn't get any real shots on net pretty much the whole game. Our first goal was on a cross which took a funny bounce and onto the chest of our player and into the net.

Second goal game in the second half on a brilliant shot by one of young players, curled it in from the outside left of the eighteen yard line. After this, we hit the cruise control button till the final whistle.

That's more like it Gurps.
Davey-I couldn't believe last week either-they should have had at least 4-like I said, we were thieves(and their finish was terrible :p )

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
I can't believe you guys couldn't score against Bombastic :confused:
Yes indeed they should of had two for sure and I wasn't so kind that weekend to get them started!:p

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

4 of 5 predictions...........If I could only get the rest of my team to help me along!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie's Best said:
Yes indeed they should of had two for sure and I wasn't so kind that weekend to get them started!:p

Temple has played well all year and only really deserved to lose to Richmond. The game against Bombastic was a simple lack of finish and those games happen every now and then. The loss to WFC Rangers was unlucky as well, looked like a Tie and Rangers scored what most thought was an offside goal with 2 minutes left.

Theres still plenty of games left in the season and even the bottom teams are capable of pulling some upsets on any given day. I predict Richmond, Rangers, Rinos, and Temple to be the teams dueling out come season end.

Predictions for this weekend if the games even hapen.

WFC Rangers "B"
Westside Rino "C"
Hillcrest Park Ctr.
Sat/12.00pm
1-1 Tie, Both are quality teams

City FC Rangers "B"
Richmond United "B"
Beach Grove
Sun/2.00pm
3-0 Richmond. Rangers looked unimpressive last week and I think the trend will continue

Vancouver Olympics "B"
Wickham FC "B"
W. Point Grey Park
Sun/2.00pm
2-2 Olympics finally earn a point

Club Ireland Hibs
Sikh Temple GFC
Honda Field
Sun/2.00pm
2-1 Temple. Club I will probably have some "A" guys and will keep it close

Lobban's SC "B"
Bombastic SC Classic
Clinton North
Sun/2.00pm
3-1 Bombastic just too strong for the Lobbans

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
. The loss to WFC Rangers was unlucky as well, looked like a Tie and Rangers scored what most thought was an offside goal with 2 minutes left.

[/COLOR]

Who's "most"? ...the throngs of fans at the park that day?
Perhaps your keeper getting his studs all mixed up in the mesh trying to retrieve the ball?
Scoring one goal (albeit a good one) and hardly carrying much play hardly constitutes "unlucky"
Don't take this as a sign of disrespect, I just like to let the truth be known.

"The Truth"

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
George as I recall your original prediction at the start of the year for lobbans "C" was:
A wait and see. 2nd season but probably only 3 wins in them
Well it is our first season! & three wins is done (At the expense of your club.....thanks!)
Yes we have four, However if Team Starter & his trusty sidekick " :bronco: Kemosabe :bronco: " had graced us with their presence during rainy days it very well could & should have been more, However we are where we are.

PS: Angryman you really need to stop with the drink, cause when you post you sound like a DINK? Speaking of dinks: my DOTW (Dink Of The Week) award goes to Notcher who has proven through all his posts that he's nothin but a useless brainless knob... suck it up notcher

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans "C" also just recently signed the "Fozz" so now they not only have added to there drinking abilities off the pitch but now they have a dangerous 1-2 combo up front with him and Ralph!! So it turns out that they lost Vinnie and his drinking abilities to another team, but in the "FOZZ" they gained a player who not only drinks, but supports the TEAM's cooler. Unlike Vinnie the cheap bastard who always brings his own cooler with a trusty 6 pack of ciders.Now that I think about it I'm actually glad Captain Morgan use to sub him on in the summer and still his cider's!!! :D As for Team Starter and Kemosabe I heard that they can't make games whenever it's a) raining too hard and b)if they go out boozing hard the night before!!!

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Morgan said:
George as I recall your original prediction at the start of the year for lobbans "C" was:

Well it is our first season! & three wins is done (At the expense of your club.....thanks!)
Yes we have four, However if Team Starter & his trusty sidekick " :bronco: Kemosabe :bronco: " had graced us with their presence during rainy days it very well could & should have been more, However we are where we are.

PS: Angryman you really need to stop with the drink, cause when you post you sound like a DINK? Speaking of dinks: my DOTW (Dink Of The Week) award goes to Notcher who has proven through all his posts that he's nothin but a useless brainless knob... suck it up notcher

AAAARRRGH CAP'N MORIBUND-the only dinkin' I'll be doin' is dinkin' it in off the post ya big clam! :p

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Morgan said:

Indeed I look to be wrong.............but then that prediction was based on your squad being a new unit. If I had only known you were Europa in disguise then I woudl have predicted 4 wins!! Lets be honest with Ralphie in the line up any team could win 4 games in CAT 2B. and now with the FOZZ well you coudl win it all my friend.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of dinks: my DOTW (Dink Of The Week) award goes to Notcher who has proven through all his posts that he's nothin but a useless brainless knob... suck it up notcher[/QUOTE said:
Do you care to justify this or is it a random pick based on the fact that he thinks your team is below average for Div 1 and we won't even talk about your CAT teams...as there is nothing to talk about really. Care to expand on the award criteria?????

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Speaking of dinks: my DOTW (Dink Of The Week) award goes to Notcher who has proven through all his posts that he's nothin but a useless brainless knob... suck it up notcher[/QUOTE said:
Sweet! my first trophty of the year....good thing i bought that new case this year. What am i supposed to suck up? I don't get it......but why would I, I'm brainless. Now get back to the Div 1 posts where u belong and let me and my Div 2 CAT people enjoy our forum.
On a further note can the moderators please start a Div 1B forum.....the inane chatter from there is watering down this outstanding site.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The above message is of course intended for Capt. Morgan and not the Stranger.
Another brainless moment brought to you by yours truly the DOTW.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Captain could ever figure out when you start something you gotta finish it and not scamper around, my hat is tipped for Hoffman and his stellar goal keeping and that is why this team has 2:1 odds of taking home the hardware...1:1 if capt. shows his dedication to his team........

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher, last time I looked at my card it said Lobbans "C", as for div 1B squad I've been helping out when required, its all part of the "Cat System" or "Club System" isn't it?
It's just too bad that some small internal contingency of sour grapes on our team doesn't agree with the "System". On that note could Team Starter please let me know exactly what hardware we could possibly take home from Div 2 cat???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0