Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A Cat

Sikh Temple GFC
Wickham FC "B"
Fraser Wood School
Sat/12.00pm
I'll take Sikh with a 3-1 victory. There doesn't seem to be much there for Wick on the cat team.

Bombastic SC Classic
Westside Rino "C"
David Lam
Sat/12.00pm
Rino's all the way. They won't drop another 2 points this week.

WFC Rangers "B"
City FC Rangers "B"
Hillcrest Park Ctr.
Sat/12.00pm
I'm thinking this will be a good game. Obviously a 3-0 victory for the Rangers B.................. as in WFC!

Club Ireland Hibs
Richmond United "B"
Hamilton Park
Sun/2.00pm
Best game in Div 2 Cat this week. Neither team likes each other and I can't say I have a great affection for them either!!! It's all about the rivalry!! I'm going with the JR Idiots with a 2-1 victory.

Lobban's SC "B"
Vancouver Olympics "B"
Clinton North
Sun/2.00pm
A sad match between 2 bottom dwellers with a boring 2-2 tie. If your options are watching this game or poking yourself in the eye with a stick.........pull out the sharp stick!!!

Good Luck all!!! :knvb:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Provisional & Predicions Aug/Sept 2005

Week Five : 2 CAT - Group A

Sikh Temple GFC v Wickham FC B
- Can't disagree with Stranger on this one. But I can't figure Wickham, though. Their A team is so good -- how can their B-side be struggling so?

Bombastic SC Classic v Westside Rino C
- I'm actually going to go with the upset on this one. I think Rino is in a rutt, and Bombastic is feeling pretty confident of late.

WFC Rangers B v City FC Rangers B

Club Ireland Hibs v Richmond United B
- Club I is better than the standings show.

Lobban's SC B v Vancouver Olympics B
- Again, I just can't see the Olympics gaining any points right now. Meanwhile, the Lobban's were better than last week's scoreline (until they gave up).

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Week Five : 2 CAT - Group A

Sikh Temple GFC v Wickham FC B
- Can't disagree with Stranger on this one. But I can't figure Wickham, though. Their A team is so good -- how can their B-side be struggling so?

Bombastic SC Classic v Westside Rino C
- I'm actually going to go with the upset on this one. I think Rino is in a rutt, and Bombastic is feeling pretty confident of late.

WFC Rangers B v City FC Rangers B

Club Ireland Hibs v Richmond United B
- Club I is better than the standings show.

Lobban's SC B v Vancouver Olympics B
- Again, I just can't see the Olympics gaining any points right now. Meanwhile, the Lobban's were better than last week's scoreline (until they gave up).

Sikh vs Wick game--3-2, Sikh will try controlling the tempo and ball possession. Wick's loss of player depth and ability to finish this season seems to hurt them, yet I notice the scores and they aren't being blown out...time will tell.

Bomb vs. Westside, 2-2. I give this a tie...yes, I know...call it home field advantage or me being drunk. If Bomb's defenders stop the kick or flick and run that Westside continually does to their tall striker, they will keep the match close. Ironically Bomb plays the same way.

WFC vs. City...4-2. If WFC stops the Rangers stopper from creeping up and joining the rush, they will capitalize, b/c City's strikers are subpar...even their Goliath..give City credit they find ways to win.

Club I vs. Rich--3-1....coming off a win Richmond, won't repeat...sorry Devo....had a pick one......prove me wrong.

Lobbans vs. Olys. 3-1. Lobbans win after a hugh defeat last week. Lobbans rebound after a good training week and being embarassed on the TTP.

-Hummer

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
Sikh vs Wick game--3-2, Sikh will try controlling the tempo and ball possession. Wick's loss of player depth and ability to finish this season seems to hurt them, yet I notice the scores and they aren't being blown out...time will tell.

Bomb vs. Westside, 2-2. I give this a tie...yes, I know...call it home field advantage or me being drunk. If Bomb's defenders stop the kick or flick and run that Westside continually does to their tall striker, they will keep the match close. Ironically Bomb plays the same way.

WFC vs. City...4-2. If WFC stops the Rangers stopper from creeping up and joining the rush, they will capitalize, b/c City's strikers are subpar...even their Goliath..give City credit they find ways to win.

Club I vs. Rich--3-1....coming off a win Richmond, won't repeat...sorry Devo....had a pick one......prove me wrong.

Lobbans vs. Olys. 3-1. Lobbans win after a hugh defeat last week. Lobbans rebound after a good training week and being embarassed on the TTP.

-Hummer
Sikh vs Wick
I'm going with a Sikh T win here due to Thanksgiving weekend and Wick will be missing players otherwise I would say a draw.

BFC Classic(Jurrassic) vs Westside Rino
How can you bet against your own team. I'll tell you how they are half our age and we are missign players this weekend big time. Ha fooled you. This one is a draw and a good result for us based on who we will have out. Insider Knowledge here helps.

WFC Rangers B vs City FC Rangers
This is a week that WFC Rangers could drop points me's feeling..........but I will not bet on it. WFC WIN.

Club I vs Richmond
Richmond will find the way to victory today. This is gut feeleign rather than any inteligence.

Lobbans vs Van Oly's
Could be a draw but Lobbans experience will be the difference this week. Van Oly's will have to wait to second half of season to gain their first points

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie's Best said:
It is time to start an October Thread!!!

Why bother??? This September thread is rockin!!!! :wa:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oops, looks like I forgot to do something. This is now the October Cat thread. Continue on with the caterwauling and catnip-induced pisstakes.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predicions, Results & Banter October, 2005

I'll start off by saying that the City FC Rangers should just mail this weekends result into the WFC Rangers.

Altho you guys are due after a good dozen successive losses to us.
good luck this weekend lads.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dapotayto said:
Oops, looks like I forgot to do something. This is now the October Cat thread. Continue on with the caterwauling and catnip-induced pisstakes.
Hey Dap are you Taking The Puss out of us?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Allright, you're prohibited from making jokes for 15 minutes for that, ahem, attempt.:)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
I'll start off by saying that the City FC Rangers should just mail this weekends result into the WFC Rangers.

Altho you guys are due after a good dozen successive losses to us.
good luck this weekend lads.

Not true, we did manage a tie this summer in the Richmond div. 1 league. With 10 minutes left, it was a 30 yard header from me over your back line to a speedy Normi D. into the back of the net. :wa:

I am sure your entire team had no idea that 5 foot 3 me was going to pull off a header like that. Thats why you all watched

Look forward to the match.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
I am sure your entire team had no idea that 5 foot 3 me was going to pull off a header like that. Thats why you all watched
They probably thought it just took a bad bounce, was all.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Temple vs Wick
a tie as Wick finds their finish
BFC JURRASSICvs Rino C
Rino can't finish and we pop one late for the win :eek:
WFCvs City
WFC too good, too much depth, lots of finish
HIBSvs Richmond
Hibs are more aggressive to the net
LOBBANSvs Olympics
Olympics still aren't gelling or lack strategy

Looks like football weather this weekend (rain at a 45 degree angle) so stay home nancy boys ;)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Not true, we did manage a tie this summer in the Richmond div. 1 league. With 10 minutes left, it was a 30 yard header from me over your back line to a speedy Normi D. into the back of the net. :wa:

Look forward to the match.

Searching....searching.....nope, nuthin, hard to remember summer league matches. Easy to remember wining the league every year, but the minutae of every match gets quickly lost in my vast expanse of a brain ;)
On another note i just did some quick computing and figured with your stature and the nature of a football that it would be scientifically impossible to head a ball that far. I'll give you 28 yds in optimal conditions.
That being said.....well done.
good luck this weekend.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

angryman said:
BFC JURRASSICvs Rino C
Rino can't finish and we pop one late for the win :eek:

Looks like football weather this weekend (rain at a 45 degree angle) so stay home nancy boys ;)
And there I thought I was going to score this weekend..........unfortunatley late in the game I can barely get myself accross center and I'm usually hanging out with the ref and helping him call off sides from the center cirlcle.

Beauty weather for a game and http://www.r-and-b.com/index.htmlR&B under the tent!!!!!

http://www.r-and-b.com/

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sikh vs Wick- Not that temple would do thid but, the A squad is playing on sunday (against an undefeated RUFC A team AKA GOTW) and may use one or two players. If not, still look for temple to win. Wick has no firepower up front. 3-1

Bomb vs. Westside- Didn't get to play against Bomb but heard their "vets" did a good job in the middle. We were able to play well against the Rino's until our center midfield gave up on us in the second. With that said, I'll take a Bomb win 2-1

WFC vs. City- I give this to.......... City. WFC appear strong but an upset would make for some fun piss taking. 1-0

Club I vs. RUFC-- We will have a full squad for the full 90. This is a first for this year. We're coming off a big win against Temple and would love to continue with a win against the Hibs. We always seem to have some good tilts and I don't see why this year will be any different. Hibs do appear to have improved this year so it'll be tough. I think we may have some of the younger kids coming up for development. Hummer we will prove you wrong! RUFC 3-2

Lobbans vs. Olys- Don't know about either team. But from what I've read, Lobbans will take this one. 2-0

Good luck to everyone...except Club I.

Cheers Devo!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple vs Wick

Missing three starters last week hurt us large, but we SHOULD be back to full force this week. We only use one 'A' player, and only when he is available. Plus he doesn't start for them.

BFC vs Rino C

Rino should win 1-0, but you never know, especially with angryman around. Put some beer by the other teams goal, and he may end up notching a few.

WFCvs City
WFC 1-0 in a close one, although the rain may favour City

HIBS vs Richmond
1-1 draw. Richmond has improved, and will have full lineup.

LOBBANS vs Olympics
Lobbans 2-1, but Olympics are improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0