Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Ralph,

Actually, I am playing for the dark/east side. Watcher has somehow convinced me to do his running for him and chase 20-year olds around the pitch in division 1 while he does fancy flicks and tricks farther up the pitch. We'll have to see how long my legs hold up, I suppose. How you guys looking this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino 'B' 7 - 0 Burnaby Fury 'B'

We ran rampant against an undermanned Fury side. 2 goals in the first 10 minutes set the tone as we cruised to an easy victory. These guys are in for a rough ride, especially if they don't pickup some players in a hurry.

I noticed that a new team has been added to the league... The Richmond Stars. Anyone with info on them?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the start RUFC were hopin' for last week but we ended up 1:1 with SP. I thought we controlled the first half but after some crazy subs, we scrambled to regain the same form in the second. We missed to many chances in front of the net and lost the game due to poor offence. Oh well on to Wickam for this week. Not much in the way of postings from you lot? What gives?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC-4 Wickham-1

Honestly we still need work but a 4-1 win is promising. Wick have a good squad and would have done better with some shots on net.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC B 2 Westside 1

Depth and a new striker with pace and accuracy make all the difference. This B squad will definately contend for the non title in the CAT B Div.

Westside is the old Rangers B but they do not resemble them at all. only 4 guys from last years side with a mix of youth that are still learning the West Side way.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads B vs City Fc Rangers B.

Wow, how to describe this debacle at Strathcona. 10 minutes before the game and they have 6 players there and are waiting on more. We start 15 minutes late and they have 10 men. We basically keep the ball in their half other than on the myriad og goal kicks they had. We had about 20 attempts at goal and maybe hit goal twice. a bit embarassing but every time someone went to hit a ball it seemed the Strathcona "grass" would give the ball a bobble and a wayward shot or wiff ensued.
Needless to say frustration level was high on our side at half as it was a 0-0 game. They play 2nd half with 9 guys as one guy got "hurt " in the first half and wouldn't or couldn't play. We finally broke the deadlock about 15 minutes into the second. With a second a few minutes after that.

Nomads 10 guys put in a great effort but were never really in the game and ended up with the best result they possibly could have.

As for strathcona, we were sitting around afterwards enjoying a few malt beverages on a fine saturday afternoon when one of our fans decided she needed to use the washrooms there.

Bad Choice as the womans bathroom had a group of 3 ladies shooting up in it. At least there as no stoppage of play in this game to clear the field of needles like there was 2 weeks ago.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on Lobbans? They seem to have kept evry game close with some quality teams.

Hey does Westside share their girls for, um, "dating" ?

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
BFC B 2 Westside 1

Depth and a new striker with pace and accuracy make all the difference. This B squad will definately contend for the non title in the CAT B Div.

Westside is the old Rangers B but they do not resemble them at all. only 4 guys from last years side with a mix of youth that are still learning the West Side way.

Don't you worry we will wax your sorry asses in the rematch......that's the Westside way!! :wa: :wa: :wa:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait for Sunday.

My first foray onto the hallowed pitch at Beach Grove. It brings a tear to my eye every time we get to play there. It may be the odor from the cow pasture next door or the fact that we are at a field of Wembleyesque aura. Too bad the weather is going to be nice as i prefer to remember her in all her glory at her worst, sideways wind, blinding rain, pitch covered in puddles but still the game will go on. Ahhh memories!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks man.

On a serious side, i was there last weekend and the grass was at least ankle high. i hope the muni has decided to cut the grass or we will need machetes to play there.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Don't you worry we will wax your sorry asses in the rematch......that's the Westside way!! :wa: :wa: :wa:

You never know...you never know. The pacey striker who potted the 2 goals has already been pulled to the A team. That's alright. We have another one who's ink is just drying on the reg form. Maybe I will come back down from the masters team for that one. Oh wait.....we want to win. I'll bring the beer and we can chat it through after the match ok.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0