Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Witnessed Club I - Punjab game on Saturday on the Queens Park baseball diamonds. Nice pitch guys. VMSL needs extra insurance coverage for anyone playing there.
2-0 Club I.
But player of the match was Punjab #10. Angry from the get go.
You know how some guys can get mad and be assholes. But he was an asshole right out of the gate.
Several disputes and a yellow in the first half.
Second half more problems.
Finally suckered smallest Club I player with an elbow away and after play.
Club I pushed him, and chase was on.
He chased Club I player for about two minutes and was finally held off by his team. Lots of verbal threats, you know the type.
Received his second yellow and ejection. Started chasing again. at least three minutes of this. Surprising really, he didn't seem that fit.
Ended with his team holding him back at Club I bench.
Then refused to leave field, and verbal bashing with the ref.
Heard he played Richmond 6 a side in summer with same style.
Note his name up on VMSL discipline site. This guy was DIV 1 player playing the cat game.
They have ? in the how many games column.
Question - if the league does not get rid of this guy, do you really need him Hurricanes? He gave you nothing but distration on the pitch, and ruined an otherwise pretty good match.
Also wondering-other than when a player finally gets reported to BC Soccer. I would like to see all the leagues kind of keep tabs on these wing-nuts. It always seems to be the same guys.
Just my thoughts.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army:

You need a machete there anyway, especially for when your ball goes over the fence into the blackberries...:rolleyes:

Coastal:

The biggest problem with this used to be that BC Soccer didn't process all the registrations from affiliated leagues until well into December. It was a real pain in the arse to find out that somebody you'd signed in good faith was playing in another league with another team, or was under suspension:rolleyes: . Not sure if the new digital system has sped things up any...

Also, if somebody's playing in an unaffiliated league, there's no way to keep track of his behaviour outside that league.

Trece

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
coastal said:
Started chasing again. at least three minutes of this. Surprising really, he didn't seem that fit.

Magic.

Trece

True about the blackberries. We never seem to hit one over the net on that side though :rolleyes:.

Game ball was punctured last weekend there after hitting the bushes. Surprising that warranty's don't cover thorns in a ball.

They actually have put some effort into this year. No more barkmulch or sand in the goal boxes just plain old fashioned grass and dirt. A serious step up from the best where you could get slivers from the field making a tcackle or save. The bathroom should even be open for games this year. it is 250 yards away mind you bu it will be open.

Looks like the B side may be close this year with the next few weeks sorting the teams into the hopers and no hopers.

coastal

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cost of Club Ireland Fund Raiser Ticket Last Night $10.00
Combined CI Bar Bills $3483.00
Total Aspirins this morning $237.00
Beating Westside 1-0 $Priceless

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC took on Lobbans at David Lam on sunday. I think some hang overs effected our first 20 minutes as they went up 2-0. Battled back and tied it at 2's by the half. Lots of pressure from both sides but I think our youth, extra subs and fitness were too much for them. 4-2 result. Good to see our scoring is being spread out as well. Rough couple of weeks coming up that will provide a good test for all the teams on top of 2 cat A.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coastal said:
Cost of Club Ireland Fund Raiser Ticket Last Night $10.00
Combined CI Bar Bills $3483.00
Total Aspirins this morning $237.00
Beating Westside 1-0 $Priceless

BTW, Coastal.....did you have any strangers sleeping in your living room after the fundraiser. I was AGAIN apparently drugged and didn't realize where I was until I ordered a cab to pick me up. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Hey Devo,

How was the Lam? We are home there next weekend finally but heard it really isn't in great shape even with the 3 week closure.

Can't be as bad as Strathcona.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Can't be as bad as Strathcona.

Ah..how true is that. We played at Hillcrest Centre the past two weeks and this past sunday hillcrest center was sitting unused at 12:noon and 2pm. I bet if we checked Strathcona was being used.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB,
Soft and mushy. Some areas are all right but for the most part the grass flakes off and you're left with sand. I do however love the crack head chic in the womens bathroom half naked and washing her clothes in the sink. For a second I though we were playing at Strathcona.

............and no I wasn't hiding under a stall. The wife saw it!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC C 1:0 City FC Rangers B

Please tell me this wasn't yet another last minute victory... :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting among other things gets you points.

You can gamble them on spoting events when they are setup or use them in the arcade. you can as well buy th little icons under other peoples name for their vrious sports teams they cheer ofr.

Why the hell did you post it in here anyway.

Keeper, No it wasn't. Bastard. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can*Shock said:
Does Anyone know how to accumulate points on this website and what do you use the points for.

Everytime you earn 25 points, you should have a wank. It means you've been on the site too long. This way you can keep sane and last........on the board as long as I have.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Everytime you earn 25 points, you should have a wank. It means you've been on the site too long. This way you can keep sane and last........on the board as long as I have.
Gold :D

Isn't it October? Where's the moderator?

On topic: Who's winning this division in September?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devo said:
GB,
Soft and mushy. Some areas are all right but for the most part the grass flakes off and you're left with sand. I do however love the crack head chic in the womens bathroom half naked and washing her clothes in the sink. For a second I though we were playing at Strathcona.

............and no I wasn't hiding under a stall. The wife saw it!

Ah.....but a completely different class of crack head. Well after our first game at the lam life is good, Sun, Chicks on roller blades and beer. Oh and I potted my first two of the season...hhhmmm hhmm in Masters of course though.

the pitch was ok but the newly laid sod has not taken to the sand very well has it. Idiots. Maybe they should try laying it on topsoil next time. Then spread sand on top. IDIOTS.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino B 5 - 4 Richmond United B

Wacky game out on the PG Turf tonight ...

We went up 3-0 in the first 15 mins ... The first two came off defensive errors by Richmond. One saw their right back slip and allow our winger to cut in and put one in short side from a poor angle, and the second was when our striker stripped their defender of the ball and got a breakaway. After this the game went to sh1t as both teams started hacking away at each other and playing very loosely. Richmond scored one off a rebound, and then we got a pk. Then richmond scored off a very well taken free kick from a difficult angle, and got themselves a pk right before half. 4-3 at halftime and attempts by both sides to calm their players seemed to have little effect. A second yellow to one of Richmond's players put them down to 10 men, but that seemed to spark them a little and they managed to tie it 4-4. Finally we got the impetus back, and pushed for the last 20 minutes, finally notching a goal with about 5 mins left to take the 5-4 victory. :wa:

I didn't recognize many of the Richmond players as they seem to have gone for youth this year. Some of them are quick and quite skilled, but they are very suspect in the back especially if you pressure them.

Glad to get the victory on this one, but will definitely be stressing discipline and defense at practice this week.

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of things I have noticed this season already.

The top of the table in 2 cat "A" side is going to be tight all year with a great group of teams battling for the top spot.

As always this year is no exception for our "talented" group of officals who get paid to watch our games and throw their 2 cents in.

as for me looking forward to our match with Wickham in a couple of weeks should be a good test.

Cheers

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three bagel for the Westside mob.
First shite pitch of the season...i miss winterball.
Not much to say.
We were up 1-0 at half...shouldve been 4-0.
We score 2 in the last 20 after absorbing a bit of pressure.

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 for united today
just a shite game....how does vancouver stars expect to do anything in this league when they have 8 players at kickoff?

anyways we went up 3-0 early then just went through the motions. i said our officals were "talented" before......i take it all back. this jackass we had today was unreal. he gave one of our players a second yellow for getting the game ball when it went out and got a bottle of water thrown to him. Somehow he figured that our player left the field without permisson! I think he had it out for anyone with a Surrey United jersey on today.
oh well what are you going to do?

on to practice this week hope it doesn't rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0