Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a good idea, b/c your playing against similar competition, rather than playing a similar team one week, then for the next 2 or 3 your playing agianst Div 4 CAT teams. It'll be a bit tricky to do with 30 teams. The only way I can see them doing it is by saying in 2006-07 we're starting fresh, we're gonna have more Divs and the top 10 teams with the most points (irrespective of what side your in this yr) will stay in Div 2, The next 10 in Div 3, and so on. Not including the teams that go up. It'll be a bitch for a yr or 2, but their gonna have to do it sooner than later. mmmmmmm what to do with the Div 1 relegated teams?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Yes, but the league doesn't like that idea so I took the existing format and repackaged it.
I like your idea Vinne. the only problem with the idea is this. With the current promotion format then you would be taking the three division winners and obviously the winner of 2C would be weak with this idea.
With that said you could change promotion to Div 1 to this.

1)Either only 2 teams go up or the current 3. The 2 or 3 Div 1 teams coming down would go right into 2A and the top 2 or 3 teams from 2A would go up.

2)Then the top 3 teams in 2B woudl move over to 2A and vise versa for the botom 2 or 3 in 2A. Then you woudl do the same with 2B & 2C.

What I like about this is we are able to keep the current League set up (keeping Azzi and the boys happy) while we start grouping teams in Div 2 to play versus teams that are more within their ability. Thus no teams losing all there games 8-0 (Ronnie McD's) so the season is more enjoyable.

VINNIE......excellent idea. I think this is something we could bring to the league and vote on. WELL DONE!!

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is a good idea, but how do you determine who starts in what side? After that is solved, then it sounds good and keeps Azzi and co happy b/c they dont have to add a Div 3

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
After that is solved, then it sounds good and keeps Azzi and co happy b/c they dont have to add a Div 3
The reason for dumping Div3 (What I have heard 2nd hand) is that managing the division (from a league perspective) was a headache. Forfeits at the field, Referee abuse, Fighting etc. Segregating the teams without using a Division 3 label (or 4 or 5) in the manner discussed will not solve those things unless there is some bad magic with the number in itself(what else can it be :rolleyes: ) that brings out the hooligans and miscreants.
In my humble opinion, call a spade a spade and number the divisions to eliminate groups altogether.

And one more time, VMSL Exec are you listening, change the substitution rules to allow for unlimited halftime changes as is done at the Provinical and Canadian levels.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
The reason for dumping Div3 (What I have heard 2nd hand) is that managing the division (from a league perspective) was a headache. Forfeits at the field, Referee abuse, Fighting etc. Segregating the teams without using a Division 3 label (or 4 or 5) in the manner discussed will not solve those things unless there is some bad magic with the number in itself(what else can it be :rolleyes: ) that brings out the hooligans and miscreants.
In my humble opinion, call a spade a spade and number the divisions to eliminate groups altogether.
Agreed Bonefish. Just creat the divisions 3-5 would be the best but IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I think at this point they have eliminated the issues the were worried about for the most part.

To set things up you could just promote the 3 Group Winners this year and next year take the 3 second and third place teams from each group, the next best team from the 3 groups and the 3 demoted teams to form the A Grouping. The C group would be made up of the 3 bottom teams from each division and the next worst team. The left overs go into B.

As long as this was voted on at the AGM by all Div 2 teams with a 70% yes vote requirement to go ahead then you could begin the process next year for qualifyng for group A/B & C.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why can't they go to 10 teams per division starting at premier and going right down to div 6 or 7 or whatever? They do it in the VISL and it works brilliantly. This A B C stuff is garbage. The disparity in play from top to bottom in each division stinks.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Why can't they go to 10 teams per division starting at premier and going right down to div 6 or 7 or whatever? They do it in the VISL and it works brilliantly. This A B C stuff is garbage. The disparity in play from top to bottom in each division stinks.

I agree 100%. This Sesame Street format isn't a true representation of determining who the top 3 promoted Div. 2 teams are. It all pretty much depends on whos in your group. Question regarding the AGM meeting/format/and changes in "rules." If at the next AGM, which is in June/July I believe, if the reps vote on changing the re-alignment structure, won't it kick it until 2007-08? Since the season is over and done with and teams know where they finished, I don't think it'll pass, b/c teams weren't given sufficient notice and I for one would vote against it if I was being demoted to Div.3 b/c enough notice wasn't given. They would simply say that during the next yr of 2006-07, we're gonna take final standings into consideration of who plays in what Division for 2007-08. Does anybody know if teams can vote on it right now (petitioning)? If so, the league should have a meeting immediatly and put it into a vote. That way everybody has full notice of what the league will be doing with realignment for 2006-07.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in, B United has merged with Point Grey Strikers. They have 19 signed up......so since B united finished dead last last year and PG strikers only on goal diff ahead of them, I say B united will finish 7th this year.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THis talk of Divisions 1-7 is like Groundhog Day. Same argument, about the same time every year, but the league continues to stand pat. I agree the current format is flawed, but don't expect it to change any time soon.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Teelay. I don't expect any changes either and if they ever get around to sorting it out I will most likely be retired.

I played in the VISL for a few seasons and it really is head and shoulders above the VMSL from a division consistency point of view.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Agreed Teelay. I don't expect any changes either and if they ever get around to sorting it out I will most likely be retired.

I played in the VISL for a few seasons and it really is head and shoulders above the VMSL from a division consistency point of view.

Bandcamp,

You mentioned VISL atleast 4-5 times.
Are you getting a kick-back for promoting the league?

Teelay,

You are absolutely correct, things will not change.
Atleast until wazzi moves on.

Vinnie

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
I hear what you are saying Bandcamp but you have to figure out a way to manipulate Wazzi into agreeing. There is no chance of voting on this, this year but we could table it for begining the process in 2006/07.

Honestly Div 2, 3, 4 or Div 2a, 2b & 2c is all the same but maybe it could be enough of a difference from a 2-4 format they might agree. I haven't seen any success in changing the format so far so try all angles.

This big difference is 3 or 2 teams going up and down rather than 1 from each division. each year the second and third place teams move groups as well as the bottom three so this still havppens but in an organized format.

Look at this year. In all honesty if PCOV where to move up to one this year then there isn't another team that would earn promotion to Div 1 in the A or B groups this year.

If enough guys are interested in this concept with some tweeking we should take it to the league for next years AGM. This season is too close to get organized for this year I think.

Thoughts???? I'm willing to do a call around to see who likes the idea. We need to take some action rather than just chat about it.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a new topic. I heard that Ravens FC took the Polonia Div 1 Spot but they will run two teams. One in Div 2 and the Polonia Spot. pat of the deal is they have to play under the Polonia name though. So PCOV stays in Div 2.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
On a new topic. I heard that Ravens FC took the Polonia Div 1 Spot but they will run two teams. One in Div 2 and the Polonia Spot. pat of the deal is they have to play under the Polonia name though. So PCOV stays in Div 2.

Is this to ensure that if things go sideways for either team, both teams will retain a spot in the VMSL?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Is this to ensure that if things go sideways for either team, both teams will retain a spot in the VMSL?

Yes Vinnie you hit the nail on the head. Apparently what happened to our team (PCOV) was that Polonia would only hand us the spot if we changed the name from PCOV to Polonia and they still retained the rights. From what I'm told is that if things go sour with the Burnaby/Polonia merger then Polonia will want their spot back in div 1. That's all we were told so I guess we've got a battle for promo.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:

Is the Ravens second team the one that is listed as Aryana FC on the site?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so what if the ravens go down aswell? then polonia will be in div.2 again. haha that would be funny. and the ravens would be their cat team. :wa:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Is the Ravens second team the one that is listed as Aryana FC on the site?

I don't think so.

It seems more like since Ravens took Polonia's Div. 1 spot, they couldn't have a regular div. 2 team anymore, so they swapped their div. 2 spot with Aryana who was previously listed in div. 2 CAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts