Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Nov/Dec, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 3 - 0 Wickham

Big game today obviously. We came out jacked and scored a couple in the first 30 minutes. We dominated the air game and really had the majority of the play. Wickham came out in the second and pushed only to have a goal called back due to an offside call. The ball was going in, but a player in an offside position deflected it - no goal. A tough break. They made two subs and we immediatley potted our third off a nice run down the right wing.

The top of 2C just hot a whole lot closer.

No2

Darkness_7

Aug 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2008/09

well done Meralomas, finally a team has cracked Wickham, 2C is getting more and more interesting.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lomas park size is not the problem...it's the bumps. As bad as David Lam and no pretty soccer can be played there. Fitting place really for the home team ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And nice win btw Lomas. Can't have a team running away with things can we.

the_monk9725

Oct 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ladiesjatt, who do you play for? I think you need to remove the sand from you vag!!!!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama how did you guys do. Any fights today.Who played well. I did not see the game. I was doing bit of recruting for my team. How did HNK Vatreni do.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - 1 Signmaster

Very clean game. NK went up on an early through ball and then went up 2 when our sweeper went for a nice run and give and go, that culminated in a shot from right outside the 18 and into the back of the Signmaster net. Signmaster replied with a blast from the top of the 18 after a lose ball dropped in front of their player. The score stayed the same until late in the second when we scored with a header off of a corner kick. After the monsoon from 1:40 - 2:00 pm, the weather was quite nice. Signmaster had limited chances on our net, while NK had a couple of breakaways but we couldn't bury them. Their keeper also made a gorgeous save on a PK. Once again, a very clean game.

(Just for the record, at the Kosova game last week there was a big brawl, but NOT ONE NK player was involved in the skirmish)
:p

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama i can not understand that. If Serbs and Kosova head a fight than i can see it. That wat is going to hepen in near future. But you guys I just do not understand. Was that nice guy Mcdirty doing his part again. It makes soccer games more fun. Serbs and Croats play soon that will be fun to watch. It should be a very good game.

bluemammoth

Feb 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay: Yeah I agree - there's not much separating the top 4 or 5 teams in 2C. I would say that any one of the top tier teams could end up at the top of the table of 2C by year's end.

Hmm. Now that you're tied with the Roos, do wish you'd said "top 7 or 8 teams"? Wild guess - you didn't have your full line up again. Where is this full line up you speak of? Maybe you're just lousy.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 0: 0 Yaletown FC

Somewhat sloppy game on some sweet David Lam turf. I didn't know sand could be so grassy. Both teams had chances to put in a goal or two, but neither team had the finish today. Three games and counting without a goal for YFC now, pretty pathetic really and we can't expect to compete for the league if we can't score consistently. Corns had a guy sent off about 25 minutes from time, not surprising given the absolutely shocking tackling they brought to the game. A draw was probably a fair result.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I hear you all watched as two of your own were getting attacked by a mob.

I am not condoning fighting in soccer games but I wouldn't be proud of that or putting smiley faces behind those statements.

NK 3 - 1 Signmaster

(Just for the record, at the Kosova game last week there was a big brawl, but NOT ONE NK player was involved in the skirmish)
:p

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 4 - Norwest 0

20 mins before the game the heavens opened up and a monsoon ensued. Thankfully, it stopped right before the game started and it turned out to be a half decent day for soccer.

We scored early, and pretty much controlled all the play after that. Norwest are a big team, but don't really have much going forward.

Score was 4-0 at half, and we had some more chances in the second half, hitting the post, cross bar, etc.

Onto the second half of the season.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay: Yeah I agree - there's not much separating the top 4 or 5 teams in 2C. I would say that any one of the top tier teams could end up at the top of the table of 2C by year's end.

Hmm. Now that you're tied with the Roos, do wish you'd said "top 7 or 8 teams"? Wild guess - you didn't have your full line up again. Where is this full line up you speak of? Maybe you're just lousy.

Now in Teelay's defense...did he include the PG Rangers in that 'top 4 or 5 teams' list? I don't believe he would have at this point in the season. You did though...

PGR has had plenty of issues getting bodies out this year for the typical div 2 reasons. My feeling is that our top 11-13 guys can compete well in this group with any team but our depth is an issue. We really do fall off after our top 13...resulting in poor results of course...and deserved. Last night was a great example as I counted many bodies that we have signed that would have helped immensely and probably would have produced a different result. Fact is our group just isn't that committed...what can I say.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like I only slam others on here so I'll try giving just a report.

HNK Vatreni 3 Sarajevo 2

Sarajevo starts quickly with a goal with a good finish from their biggest threat. We reply...by one of our own getting a second yellow. This is maybe 15 minutes in.
Down a man we start taking control. Our first comes midway of the half and the second just before half.
Second half starts and about 10 in we are down another player for his second yellow.
We setup the bunker walls but Sarajevo ties with a good finish. From the restart we charge back down only to miss a chance from the 6 yard box. But the same player redeems himself with the winning header 5 minutes later. We actually create some more chances as Sarajevo push forward with their 11 against our 9. No more goals happen - with some thanks with the enormous puddles from the pregame rain.

Moving on...

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I hear you all watched as two of your own were getting attacked by a mob.

That's right. I had a great view with my left hand pushing back an Albanian while my right arm kept back a Croatian. :( Is this emoticon more appropriate?

It's sad what happened at that game, and the Kosova keeper got a 5 game suspension to put things in perspective. That melee was not a reflection or product of the NK team and that is all I wanted to convey.

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think NK Hrvat should change there name. They sure dont represent the Croatian name the way its supposed to be. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0