Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
And then the Cricket boys come on here and talk about NK getting ahead of themselves.

Cricket boys - that's a dumb comment to make erion. Our boys come on here and "take the piss" out of some guys/teams but we're not going around making comments like that. NK has been chooing off for weeks and we've said our bit but not to that level.

Next time stick to "taking the piss" otherwise keep your mouth shut.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
And then the Cricket boys come on here and talk about NK getting ahead of themselves.

Well I guess my previous post got obviously edited b/c of my comments towards Erion (my bad, threats have no place on TTP). But I will say to Erion Nation that it's unfortunate that you will not be playing against us on Dec.18 b/c I was looking forward to "playing" against you after your hill-billy comment. Our rematch will be very "interesting". Not a good idea to piss off a good team that doesn't mind to mix it up. Better start hittin the gym now b/c you are going to need all the help you can get. Some players kinda lose it when they hear comments like that and when they do, they throw sportsmanship out the window. Not saying me, but some players.
-Hope this was a not so blatant post!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
I was looking forward to "playing" against you after your hill-billy comment.
Funny you think of hill-billies. From "cricket boys" I think of a bunch of fancy pants with white sweaters. Like Dazza, but heavier hitters.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And JBs, you guys are lucky that I'm flying down to Brazil on the 18th of December and hence will be missing our long awaited match on the following Monday because I was going to go all hill billy on your asses (but not in a 'Deliverance' sort of way, but more of a SPH on Erion gang stomping).

...oh, and I was thinking about little green insects with top hats and canes dancing around and singing.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
...oh, and I was thinking about little green insects with top hats and canes dancing around and singing.

What the hell does that mean? I was thinking about hot naked women dancing around a brass pole in my bedroom but I don't feel the need to post it on the internet. Er, maybe I do. Disregard.

Lucky for the JB's they don't play on Saturday, December 17th as I am planning a surprise kegger at Mickster's house on the Friday before. I'll post his address and more details later but start inviting your friends now. It's a BYOC party (Bring Your Own Chainsaw), we're gonna do some remodelling.

What is so offensive about Cricket anyway? I've seen people get fired up over a lot of crass comments, but Cricket?!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kegger at my place.... perfect!! Dap, me and a keg!! We'll have to make sure Keeper (and his camera) stay far away. Could be some ugly scenes, especially if Therapist joins the party :D

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
We now have 2 of our players back from College season (one of them coming off winning the Golden Boot at the Collegiate National Championships last weekend). That leaves only 1 more player missing as he is at the University National Championships in Daytona this weekend. After this point last year in FVSL, we won 13 in a row as we got our College guys back. The best time to beat us would have been prior to now. Every game is a challenge, but our goal is to run the table from here on out. We look to make a statement this weekend...

Sounds impressive, but I think you should know we have one guy who just came out of detox and another just coming off a bender.....so watch out!!! Bleary vision, lack of timing, makes for unpredictable play- you know, late challenges and the like. Could be rough on your college stars....

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Keeper : Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: Regs doesn't want to have lawyers serving him with papers.

I wonder what kinda threat was made if the Admin had to delete it. Could only imagine what was said. That was a dumb-ass comment made by Erion, don't know what he meant by it. I'm assuming since I've seen Punjab play twice this year that since they are a brown team that they are being associated with cricket, I dunno not my concern. :confused: Seing Punjab play, they are prob the best team in Div.2. Saw the games against Yaletown and Sandzac. I know a few players and understand they have a guy in black-belt in ju-jitsu(sp?), a centre back who is like Big John Stud, 2 guys who play on the same flank with shaved heads that love to mix it up (seen them play in summer tournys), and a few others who like getting in slide tackles. SPH is a pretty clean team, but when it gets dirty they love to put up a fight. I suggest you explain your comment Erion or do not show up for either game b/c like Russell Peters says..."someody gonna get hurt...real bad"

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen up all you UFC wannabes. Nothing offensive was intended in Erion's comments. He is a good lad who always plays fair and wishes everyone well in his posts on this site. Anyone who thinks they are tough and wants to fight should get off the fcuking steroids, stick their head up their ass and fight for air. Sofakinggood threatened Erion physically (over an innocent comment) and his post was edited. Trash-talking and pisstaking is encouraged on here (I certainly don't want a bunch of goody-two shoes whispering sweet nothings to each other) but any threats, racist comments or other offside shite posted by ANYONE will be gone. End of story. Fcuking hell.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Listen up all you UFC wannabes. Nothing offensive was intended in Erion's comments. He is a good lad who always plays fair and wishes everyone well in his posts on this site. Anyone who thinks they are tough and wants to fight should get off the fcuking steroids, stick their head up their ass and fight for air. Sofakinggood threatened Erion physically (over an innocent comment) and his post was edited. Trash-talking and pisstaking is encouraged on here (I certainly don't want a bunch of goody-two shoes whispering sweet nothings to each other) but any threats, racist comments or other offside shite posted by ANYONE will be gone. End of story. Fcuking hell.

Why, you little twit Dap...when I catch you I'm gonna......

Just kidding buddy, way to assert your moderator authority...how's it going?

This is for all you Erion haters out there: please consider his make up to be similar to that of Balki Bartakamous, you know, from that old sit-com Perfect Strangers. His second language is english and like Balki will from time to time get his metaphors and expressions mixed... Or you could also think of Erion like that Chinese guy in that old comedy "they still call me Bruce". When he flipped off the bikers with his middle finger while riding on his moped, he was really wishing them well....Erion is the same, he just doesn't know what the middle finger is really for. so I can vouch for Erion as being a stand up little Balki and Bruce without a hint of prejudice or malice.

managerwhowaslookingfortherighttimetopost

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please stop the fussin'and feudin' for a minute and tell me what the park at Nelson and Imperial (in Burnaby near Metrotown) is called. The mighty Roos are playing an exhibition game against some Ravens team tonite, and I have no Idea where to send my lads. Please help a desperate Roo.
Back to the bitching now. Sofakinggood likes young boys. And Erion plays on a team full of foreigners........let's get ready to rumble.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Miyagi and Daniel-son play for NK so you all better watch out or they'll give you the body bag!

Dap, are these young kids going to understand my eighties movie references?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did Dap go???

Last I heard he was going to some bar to meet an old friend who has been waiting for him for quite awhile....Pump Jacks if I recall correctly.

I hope the Hurricane boys didn't get him on the way.....or the Davie Street Boys :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My hangover is in full effect now.

Socceroos said:
tell me what the park at Nelson and Imperial is called. The mighty Roos are playing an exhibition game and I have no Idea where to send my lads

So let me get this straight. You're asking what the park at Imperial and Nelson in Burnaby is called because you don't know where the park is and thus don't know where to send your boys. Well, I could be waaaaay off here but I'm thinking you should send the guys to the park at Imperial and Nelson. In Burnaby. That's just a guess though.

Yomama said:
Dap, are these young kids going to understand my eighties movie references?

Damn, I hope not. That movie was awful.

Anybody got any comments/info/predictions/rumours/threats/insults or anything remotely associated to VMSL Division 2 soccer to talk about?

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP is an excellent venue where people can pisstake and provide predictions, game reports, etc. It's all in good fun. I'm a pretty mellow guy and if you read my prior posts, I don't really instigate trash-talking. The other night I did explode on Erion b/c of the way that I interpretted his comment. I don't know who he is and I'll take your word that he is a nice guy, but his ignorant comment had no place on TTP as well as my own "abusive" language. I don't know if he's ESL or what, but he still shouldn't have said what he said. If somebody wants to take a pisstake on this, do it towards me and not my club, as it was I who made the comments not SPH. Enough said about it, we will see how the season pans out for both clubs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Manager, it's going good other than the hangover

Well said Sofa.

Anybody reckon the games will be on this week? I sure wish Bonefish would pop up with his weekly forecast I have no idea what the weather is going to do. If the games are played I will choose my games of the week to be:

Group 2A's matchup of Belmont and Cleo's FC. Belmont need to keep winning if the want to beat Burnaby in the race for second place. I suppose Signmaster can still be caught but the Bellends and Furries have to keep winning. On a side note, while other teams go to their sponsors' pubs to drink after the game do the Cleo's boys head off to the brothel? And if so, how does one get a spot, any spot, on the roster.

Looking at Group 2B there appears to be a few decent games scheduled. Green Devils face an unpredictable Nomads side (will they have eight players? Eleven? Twenty?) and NK face the legendary and mythical Unicorns (How do mythical creatures kick a soccer ball anyway?). But I think the tightest tilt will be the Primos-JB match. Ten bucks says Therapist gets completely lagered after the game and posts drunk, then sobers up in the morning and posts again saying either "sorry" or "just kidding". Any takers? I'll pick the JB's to squeak out a win as long as Bonefish remembers he's not back at the University of Hawaii playing American football and stops kicking field goals.

Group 2C has Socceroos and Zawisza playing in an epic encounter but the real show should be SPH v. C-Men. Bonefish has predicted that the Westside Spermatozoa will be, ah, pillaged in their backsides by the firepower of the Hurricanes. Nice, politically correct prediction but will it come true?

P.s. No I am not obsessed with Bonefish, my computer just spit out his name four times for some reason. By the way Winst, ever tell people about the time you got clotheslined on national t.v. returning that punt?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Where did Dap go???

Last I heard he was going to some bar to meet an old friend who has been waiting for him for quite awhile....Pump Jacks if I recall correctly.

Er, my friend said to meet him there and not to worry he might be a little late but to just stay there no matter what. Is there something wrong with this place, like say, a poor selection of beer or limited menu?

If any post needs editing I think yours is it Gurps.

GoldenGoose

Apr 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The internet always seems to bring out the tough guys. In reality I'm sure they make those posts in their parents basement during repeated calls of "dinner's ready".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0