Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

The threat of cancelled games has everyone fretting....
2B
Primos - DPR: 2-2: DPR tired of dropping games and Primo is looking past them
Unicorns - BU: 4-1 United they stand united they lose again
Nomads - NKH: 3-4 Nomads push, but the choo-choo's engineer a 2nd half comback
Rich - WKnights: 2-1 Richmond stop the slide with their home field advantage playing favor

Green Devils - JB's: 2B match of the week...Will the JB's prove their mettle or prove to be prentenders? Tune in Sat at about 5pm....

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JBs did well to pull away in the game to get the 5-1 result, but just so mickster knows, that Douglas Park goal wouldn't have come against the likes of Hags, Warlock and Yomama.

Is that because your head or your ass takes up the entire net :D
Could explain the unexplainable goals against average. The goals for I'm having a tougher time with.... I didn't think that many could bounce off Watchers ass ;)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bonefish!!! Odds are Nomads will not get more than one...........shot on goal that is. Hey, it might go in though, as it has twice already this year. Hey Mickey quit talking about my ass and start hoping you untie those ropes that are holding you to the tracks. Cause you know the train is a cummin and it will be arriving undefeated at your doorstep in three weeks. Alllllllll Aboooooard!!!!

NarlyNomadicNicompoopsNumbedByColossalCunningCannonballingCroats

Curvature#2

Sep 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey how will the Tswassen field hold up in this monsoon they call rain??

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The size of my head is directly proportionate to the amount of goals I get every year (this is a 'modest' number...like 1 if I'm lucky) :rolleyes:

If you saw Watcher's ass then you wouldn't be surprised that balls are constantly bouncing off of it. . .(or so Keeper tells me ;) )

choo choo

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yomama! said:
What? No predictions?
Next weeks games like this for 2 C

BFC over Roos

Yaletown over Zawisza
(this could be a draw. Zaw is a big team and can trouble but
Kosova belted them so I don't know what was up there)

Kosova over Real McDonald

Porutgese Club lose to SPH

FC SandZak tie with C Men.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Devils FC
Norvan JB's - surpirse, surprise another tie for the JB's

Douglas Pk. Rangers
Primo FC - No comment

Unicorns
"B" United

NK Hrvat - I'd be surprosed if NK can keep up the GPG average of 5.33
Nomads FC "A"

Richmond FC
Westside Knights

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Curvature#2 said:
Hey how will the Tswassen field hold up in this monsoon they call rain??

Wrong thread but i'll answer it here anyway. Assuming you mean to be in CAT thread and not the FVSL Div 2 thread.

Beach Grove, the tsawwassen field, holds up real well to rain. It is a sand based field and having a bog on one end gives it an easy place to drain to. It runs into problems after repeated heavy rainfalls which doesn't give it time to drain. I would say there is a basically a 0% chance the field will be closed this weekend. I was by there yesterday afternoon and there was no water on the surface of the field, or at least none over the 3 inches of grass covering the field.

The field isn't the prettiest of pitches grass or flatness wise. there is some nice little bumps and ruts and a little bit of a slopitch field on one end in the corner. Shots that cover the one goal get into the bog/prickles and are a bitch to retrieve. any balls put out hard on the one side either end up in a bit of a forest or a nice little boggy, muddy pond area. As well, there is ZERO cover there to change in and the bathroom is about 500 yards away through the forest and in the past has been rarely open.

It's not nearly as bad as it sounds though. Better field then the CLinton Park field we played on last week.

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this week are as follows:

Green Devils FC over Norvan JB's - if JB's don't have a proper goalie they are in trouble again, if they do look for a tie.

Primo FC over Douglas Pk. Rangers - Primo will win and they haven't played their best game yet

Unicorns over "B" United - Unicorns have looked decent in a couple games so I think they may be just a little stronger than B United

NK Hrvat over Nomads FC "A" - it probably won't be a blow out but NK has too much fire power

Westside Knights over Richmond FC - Westside has looked good in the last couple of weeks

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookie Monster said:
Predictions for this week are as follows:

Green Devils FC over Norvan JB's - if JB's don't have a proper goalie they are in trouble again, if they do look for a tie.

Primo FC over Douglas Pk. Rangers - Primo will win and they haven't played their best game yet

Unicorns over "B" United - Unicorns have looked decent in a couple games so I think they may be just a little stronger than B United

NK Hrvat over Nomads FC "A" - it probably won't be a blow out but NK has too much fire power

Westside Knights over Richmond FC - Westside has looked good in the last couple of weeks

Cookie,

Where does your allegiance lie?
By your post, it could be one of a number of teams.
BTW: Welcome to TTP

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I am actually doin well at this now.

Green Devils FC 1 I see an upset coming
Norvan JB's 2

Douglas Pk. Rangers 1
Primo FC 3

Unicorns 0
"B" United 2 I say this because B united actually has sumone that can score

NK Hrvat 2 CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO
Nomads FC "A" 0

Richmond FC 2
Westside Knights 4 unfortunately until richmond gets their keeper back, they won't win many

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
Green Devils - JB's: 2B match of the week...Will the JB's prove their mettle or prove to be prentenders? Tune in Sat at about 5pm....
The JB team that stepped on the field were not prepared and against a quality side, the best we have seen to date, we melted under the broken sun that shone down on the park...
Not much to say really... we conceded 2 goals in less than 10, came back a goal, and then were shredded for 4 goals on quality finishes but plays that should never have developed. 6-1 at half and the GD's made a couple of changes and perhaps took thetr foot off the gas. We did play a better half and the halftime score held until the final whistle. EOM.........

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 3-0 Zawisza
Beautiful day, immaculate pitch at David Lam, and YFC took care of business. If it weren't for our striker choking on a couple breakaways in the first half, and the referee trying his best to help Zawisza in the second, the score would've been a bit more lopsided. All in all, a good run out on a great day, and we came away with a few things to work on.
We caught the GD/JB match before ours. ouch. JBs just had nothing at all to offer up against the speed and moves of some of the Diablos Verdes.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many narrowly avoided the swirling vortex of mickster's anus and went in directly off his enormous ass? Just wondering...hahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo 1 Douglas Pk. Ranger 0

Fairly even match possesion wise. Primo's new imported scottish striker tipped one home after a beauty of a ball from Joe. Possesion was fairly even with primo holding the advantage, the rangers pressed late and had some chances and looked dangerous at times but the primo were content to defend and stem the tide and preserve the bagel.

Next week vs. Green Devils

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
How many narrowly avoided the swirling vortex of mickster's anus and went in directly off his enormous ass? Just wondering...hahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Mickster was only -1 for this match. He was with me on the sideline for most of the first half and got to watch the horror show for what it was. The Green Devils are a good team with some very skilled players. I think that they can be beaten by teams in this group but it would require that those teams bring their A game, not the Z game that we brought for the first 45min. I am not sure what would be worse, watching from the sideline as I did or playing....

-BrokenBones-

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
david lam has to be one of the best if not the best pitch in the league,we played reasonably well today,did well in the first half and poorly in the 2nd which isnt good enough.it was obvious ye didnt play to yere capability as was shown in the 2nd half,dont think the scoreline is a true reflection of where the teams stand

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils Advocate said:
david lam has to be one of the best if not the best pitch in the league,we played reasonably well today,did well in the first half and poorly in the 2nd which isnt good enough.it was obvious ye didnt play to yere capability as was shown in the 2nd half,dont think the scoreline is a true reflection of where the teams stand
With the closure this summer and the re-turfing rather than seeding it shoudl be this year. They also are using the "movable" posts so they can move them away from the goal mouth areas as they find the dogs and kids congregate around them and that is why all of the digging in those areas.

Hey Parksboard........they dig there because there was no grass there.....just a fcuk'n sand pit. Anyway nice to see it back up to snuff as it is home Pitch the All 4 BFC teams.

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie, your right...Its about time, David Lam park was shredded mid to 3/4 the way through last season. More attention like this year needs to be put into D.Lam.
(its the only soccer pitch downtown)
Plus they have other events and concerts like the Jazz festival there too, which also doesnt help.

With all 4 Bombastic teams (and growing), YFC and The Green Devils all being based out of downtown, We dont have the luxury of having multiple fields like N.Van or Burnaby. The Parksboard should allocate more money and maint to that park esp. since its the only one we got.

I cant remember, but I seem to recall that all Vancouver based teams have to pay a premium or park fee with our reg into the VMSL? Can someone verify?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 4 - 3 Nomads

First half NK went up 3-1 and the Nomads went down to nine men. Oh, and we missed two penalty shots! :rolleyes:

Second half was sloppy and a comedy of errors on the part of NK as we scored an own goal (with no Nomads even near the net) and then late in the game a weak back pass to our keeper was easily grabbed by a Nomad forward who slotted the gift home. NK's goals were all pretty and the first Nomad goal was a nice display as well.

Next stop: Montgomery Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0