Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 - 1 UBC Metro: 10 mins before the game we still had players showing up to the field. Not the best omen. Game starts with UBC putting on the pressure, they get the early reward on a beauty of a finsh to a corner kick. The cross was skipped off the ground to about the 12 yard mark and was one timed into goal. Norvan picks up their socks and get some possesion and offensive play but we were really failing to connect the passes as we need too. It didn't help that we were missing our regular midfield. We start the second half off fairly even with both teams getting some shots and set plays from corners. UBC failed to convert a free kick from 6(goalie passback was the ruling)that would have sealed the deal. Norvan goes down a man on an unecessary 2nd yellow offense(one of our players made the act of jumping into the UBC keepers kicking lane but wasn't really close). UBC started to get impatient and were releasing up the field in numbers and leaving too much space. We had a couple of balls chipped forwarded that were almost converted. With less than 5 remaining our D man found an open Bonefish who by some miracle was able to trap and play the looping through ball to his feet while running as fast as his bruised foot(Sorry UBC keeper, the collision in the first half was mostly my fault and your defenders for not clearing the ball) would let him. To my suprise the ball rolled exactly where it needed and with a grimace I was able to let the shot go and it tucked nicely into the corner of the net.
UBC should have won this one based on chances and the run of play. Full marks to us for fighting to the end.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westide Knights 3 Alemania 3

Well week 3 and we chit the bed again up 3-1 miss a pk and let alemania steal a tie and almost lose in the end. If we could have hit the broad side of a barn we would have easily had 8 goals , full marks to the alemania keeper who made some good saves. We outplayed them in every sense but once again it seems we're a 70 min team and enjoy sleeping the final 20 mins of a game. Hopefully we can rebound next week as we stockpiled a few injuries in this one ; look forward to the rematch and a lot better finish.

cheers , the Rattler

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 2 vs Cliff Ave Cobras 1

We had a number of chances early in the first half but failed to score any. Cobras scored first with a very good finish off a spill from our keeper. We kept pressing for the equalizer which finally came shortly before the end of the first half. A simple cross into the box to no one and the ball was knocked into the net by a Cobras player.

The second half was farcical to say the least. It was all Unicorns for the majority of the second. It was made even easier by the fact that the ref went card happy and double booked three Cobras players rather harshly and then gave a dubious penalty in our favour. Down to 8 men all they could do was to try and hold onto a dignified score line which they managed quite respectfully. Hats off to the Cobras who didn't give in and they were rather unfortunate to lose as many as they did.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This train ride is so comfy
Sitting way up here on top
It's like a first class trip to promo
You know the engine just won't stop

So clear the tracks of shitty refs
And vicious balkan bastards
And tie up those West Van Royals
They're about to meet their masters

I know what you've been hoping
About the silent NK camp
That somehow they've lost their edge
And now you can make your stamp

You will find that this is wishfull thinking
And it is never going to end
But with a div 2 trophy
And provincial tickets in our hands.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...actually the last thing the "train" ran over was a stack of pinnies at my kids' practice. They also cut corners when they're doing laps, and everybody knows that's not the way you win championships.:rolleyes:

:D

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This train ride is so comfy
Sitting way up here on top
It's like a first class trip to promo
You know the engine just won't stop

So clear the tracks of shitty refs
And vicious balkan bastards
And tie up those West Van Royals
They're about to meet their masters

I know what you've been hoping
About the silent NK camp
That somehow they've lost their edge
And now you can make your stamp

You will find that this is wishfull thinking
And it is never going to end
But with a div 2 trophy
And provincial tickets in our hands.

Hahaha
Dude, your team is called Hrvat =Croatian,
Therefore you just made no sense with that comment since Croatia is at hart of Balkan.
I know you aimed this at Sarajevo since you guys got your ass kicked over the past weekend and never the less were lucky to get out with 3 points. You guys are probably (physically)softest team we played this year and biggest whiners. Even if you do get promoted (and I wish you do) you guys will get physically destroyed by majority of 1st div. teams.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You already tried div 1 and crapped the bed. Do your team a favour, do the league a favour, and do this forum a favour, never post that shite again.

My eyes are truly bleeding!

Worst post ever!

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When poetry meets football... Judging by his post, Watcher seems like the type of guy that meets dudes in restrooms at rest stops.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, are you serious? Rattler's off the sauce, and I know he's a west-side story boy.
No pints last night for me as I was stuck on nights at work!

I have to say though, it's people like the Watcher and socceroos that keep me checking this forum. In-breeding at its finest.

And where has Socceroos gone? 3 weeks of piss taking and he's signed off.

Good times

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And where has Socceroos gone? 3 weeks of piss taking and he's signed off.

Good times

I am here watching you my big boned friend. Silence is golden sometimes.
You are right though that Poet bitch from NK eats ass.

Socceroos 3 GFC -Cemen 0 :bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am here watching you my big boned friend. Silence is golden sometimes.
You should have stayed silent, that's a quote that should get some TTP mileage until the new year at least :D

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

Buddy we should have beat Serejavo 4-0 your delusional ,we missed 2 breakaways and ran you out of the park cant wait for the rematch!You guys are brutal!Denosana your officially queer and you would be able to tell we were soft becuase I think it was you with your hands all over our defenders Nuts Homo!

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahah 4-0, Dude there were couple posts and a cross bar. I don't know what game where you watching.
And yes you guys are soft just ask the orange hair guy who was actually knocked out and had a black eye after the game.
you guys have ok team but you have a weakness that your keeper can not catch the ball at all. Unfortunately we did not realize this right of way but this is for all the teams that play you in future, just shoot at his hand lightly and run for the rebound because he will not catch it. This guy sucks big time but is somehow lucky, but this luck will run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0