Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me 2!

Im glad im not from Bosnia Becuase that would make me Bosnian!My prediction for our next game against Serajavo NK 4 Serajavo Ball fondlers 0!Any scores to report from 2b or does it really even matter?

klons

Feb 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 2 - Squamish 0

Two penalties off the start to Wickham due to laziness in our own half. One tug on the shoulder for the first, and a chop on the edge for the second due to our winger not tracking back and taking his man.

We were in for a fight from the get-go due to injuries and travel implications, which led us to having one injured sub and no actual strikers in the squad.

Assuming we can actually get our full squad together for once, the next game will be different.

what

Sep 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B is beginning to look a little more even after this week. i guess the lopsided wins were a sign of early season jitters than a huge gulf. anyway speaking of lopsided

proper recap. NK 7 - WVR - 1

after netting the 7th with a classic volley (yomama!) early in the 2nd half, nk had hit their theoretical limit and slowed the onslaught. a poor call for a pk afterwards ruined nk's string of clean sheets. shitty.

NK will win the group!! You got to be kidding me. NK picked up all young guys that can run but have no soccer sense whatsoever. They will be worse then last year. LOL!
lol!

nk off to a strong start, consistently combining "youth" and "the ability to run" with "no soccer sense whatsoever" leading to surprising results.

denosana said:
And yes you guys are soft just ask the orange hair guy who was actually knocked out and had a black eye after the game.
i did ask him. he said the only thing soft about nk are our nuts after being freshly squeezed by you and your gang of limp-wristed misfits

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 1 Unicorns 1

Unicorns came out very strong in the first 20, and were working the ball around well. We then settled down and it turned out to be a fairly even match. Both teams had some good chances to score, with one of our chances off a header just barely cleared off the line.

With about ten minutes left in the half, their very skillful centre mid was able to make a long run with none of our defenders going in for a tackle. The run was finished with a goal to the sort side. Still not sure why no one went in for a tackle.

Second half we played much better, and pressed hard for the equalizer. We had another potential goal scoring chance cleared off the line. With about 5 mins to go, our keeper drops kicks the ball to our very speedy forward, who out runs the defender, and bags the tying goal.

Overall, a tie was a fair result for both teams. Unicorns seemed like a good group of guys and they play well as a team. Looking forward to playing them again.

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Gurps.

Very fair report. You definitely had us on the back foot for most of the second half. I enjoyed the match and we are looking forward to the second round replay.

Cheers

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Gurps.

Very fair report. You definitely had us on the back foot for most of the second half. I enjoyed the match and we are looking forward to the second round replay.

Cheers

Why don't you get a room together before the next game.
Kumbah Ya

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JBs 2 - 5 Yaletown FC

Norvan started with 10, but were at 11 after about 2 minutes. After YFC missed a 2 on goalie that started at centre, JBs took full advantage of some shoddy YFC defending to go up 2-0. YFC managed to pull back to 2-2 before half with a header off of a corner and a nice shot off the post and in. Some tactical changes at half made a difference, as a quick goal after the restart put YFC up 3-2. JBs then put on some pressure that failed to generate more than a couple of quality chances although YFC were a little on their heels for about 15-20 minutes. About 10 minutes from time and after a few substitutions, YFC salted it with a fourth marker on a long free kick, quickly followed by a fifth.

Pretty much a clean game with an above average ref. JBs definitely have some skill going on, but their lack of subs and positional depth surely hurt them this evening. Seemed like they had some guys playing out of their preferred positions.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew it was going to be a tough night given the lineup we had for the evening. A couple of key injuries, red cards(yada, yada) left us patching the ship in a couple of places and no subs. Yaletown knocked the ball around well early but failed to finish. Norvan up 1 undeservedly and then 2 most deservedly on a well taken shot. Unfortunately, we have not learned our lessons from our 2 previous losses where we were leading the game and let the wheels come off with some poor decisions (or lack of) with the ball. Add to that a 2nd half where we concede a goal early and we were on our heels. The boys battled at times but lack of subs hurt. Yaletown has some skill and finished well. We left two opportunites to tie on shots inside the 18 on the table. It was hard to watch this one from the sideline and tough to see another 3 points slip away.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk do not count you apples yet. PCOV is dam mad this year and might kick you in the but. Also HNK Vatreni are also up beat team. Last game they were missing half a team and still won. And not to say they have the best Unies you will ever see. Both sets of a National side. Now NK we need to see the true side of you it is ok to ware a six star. Season is very long practice place will have lots to do with it. Some players still have summer shape. After the brake true teams come out. And not to menchen play offs to move up. Chip one game at the time. And stay low. I say Vatreni will be in playoffs at the end of the season. I am not sure if NK can hold it. But best of luck to both and Sarajevo.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher I am surprised to hear you bash Sarajevo. Bosnia and Hrcegovina and Serbija still hold Jugo system there. You always stood on poples side. It is not nice to hear that from you. Bosna and Sarajevo are both good clubs. Few players make hudge resalts. As you can see with your side. Sometimes on player is a difarance between a win or a bad loss.
Bosnia still has the best sweeper in lower mainland, it is to bad that he could not get few better players to help him out. There is few young guys comming up they will have a good side. I told you go slow as you can see today it was only one to zero against Douglas Park. Yomama talk to the boy and teach him bit of manner. Good luck in your next game.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
HMMMM>>>>NK>>>>>NK>>>>>NK>>>>hrvat

H ow come this team sells it's soul?
R eadily forgets the hand that feeds them
V isiously takes credit for things that have not happened yet
A ttempts to let friends be friends when they are not Nk
T ogether they formed a team with a team to which once was an enemy

This is for old times sake let me slow it down for you:
NK once full of class, now just a pain in the ass