Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another summer goes by and here we are again. Lots of new teams(Some long standing ones are gone, ie Knights and JB's). No NK Hrvat in the group with there move up to div 1...who is going to step it up in Mcdirty's/Watcher's absence?

Group A looks to be the most competitive based on last years results with 2C and 2B behind them.

Let the games begin.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, what happened to you guys this year? Not enough numbers?
Any idea what happened to the Knights?

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS & Bonefish ;

Well the end has come for the Div 2 version of the Westside Knights as the older crew have finally decided to join the masters ranks. As for the rest of us left behind some will join Point Grey Rangers as others look to move onto new teams. There were not enough "new commers" to this years Div 2 version of the Knights for me to justify spending another year in the Div 2 ranks. Don't get me wrong Div 2 has been kind to the Rattler over the many seasons however I started my career as a Div 1 player and see myself continuing that trend till the body says otherwise. My lack of backfat and gut are indeed the reason for the promotion since I don't indulge in Steveweisers' anymore and took a good year in getting the rattler back to true venom-like self. Although the Knight career is on hold right now (I signed with Richmond FC) I will definitely be back in the future. Having said that my two cents on the Div 2 format this year is this Fireman fc or whatever who took our spot in 2b should win the whole bloody thing a few ex-premier players mixed with some quality div 1 lads (from my understanding) matched with a below par division should provide them with promotion. Bonefish (always been a pleasure i'm sure our paths will cross soon) and TS good luck to you both wishing you the best of seasons as I will lurk from time to time in the thread I once called home.

cheers , the Rattler

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rattler is correct and the Knights have moved on to Masters and we (PG Rangers) have taken on about 6 of the Knights who are under 35. We are one club now so we have us in open and the Knights as the Masters team. Allows us old guys on the Rangers a place to play +35 soccer in the future and the new Knights guys seem to be good additions to our group.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this mean the Rattler will get to play against me in the first match of the season at Minoru at 2PM?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like sands through the hour glass so are the days of our lives and the balls into the back of the JB net over the past few seasons. Two consecutive years of fighting consistency and numbers in the roster were a tough go. I will be entering the youth coaching system more than likely and will probably be playing O'35. It was a pleasure battling the Knights and TS's RC and PGR over the years and I am sure we will meet up on the pitch or over a cooler at some point.

I was just talking to someone about the Firefighter 2b team. I wasn't sure if they were a late call up from Div3 but with TR's scouting report it sounds like they could go on a tear.

Well TS, it looks like this is going to be your thread now, "dont it"? :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the FF team will be that good. Sure they have a couple of former premier guys running it, but from what they told me the team is mostly made up of actual firefighters that haven't necessarily played high level soccer.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS saturday it is, saturday it is..... it should be a dandy trying those corners of yours, its been a while. I have to say they are the most dificult to catch in any division that I've played, with that being said, not many of your guys will be able to catch them either :p

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcbytca :

There not really corners there shots at peoples' heads who just have to let it go off their faces for goals:eek: . It will be good to see you again hope all is well and life has been kind to you. I'm TR though not TS ; the last corner TS had involved a thai ladyboy and georgia / granville :D.

Cheers to all good luck this week , the Rattler

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the FF team will be that good. Sure they have a couple of former premier guys running it, but from what they told me the team is mostly made up of actual firefighters that haven't necessarily played high level soccer.

Suffice it to say there won't be any cats stranded in trees at the parks that they play at...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for 2B:

GN Kosova SC "A"
Unicorns FC

West Van Royals
Yaletown FC

HNK Vatreni
Bosna SC

TSA Royals
Burnaby Fury 'A'

Firefighters C-lects
PCOV ‘A’

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's the same firefighters that came up from div.3 last season, unless they picked up more than a couple former premier players I don't see them finishing in the top 4.

Looking forward to my clubs game tomorrow night against Burnaby. Being fresh to div.2 I'm not familiar with any of the teams, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and call Royals 3 - Burnaby 0.

My predictions for 2B:

GN Kosova SC "A"
Unicorns FC

West Van Royals
Yaletown FC

HNK Vatreni

Bosna SC

TSA Royals

Burnaby Fury 'A'

Firefighters C-lects
PCOV ‘A’

GO ROYALS!

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's the same firefighters that came up from div.3 last season, unless they picked up more than a couple former premier players I don't see them finishing in the top 4.

Looking forward to my clubs game tomorrow night against Burnaby. Being fresh to div.2 I'm not familiar with any of the teams, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and call Royals 3 - Burnaby 0.

My predictions for 2B:

GN Kosova SC "A"
Unicorns FC

West Van Royals
Yaletown FC

HNK Vatreni

Bosna SC

TSA Royals

Burnaby Fury 'A'

Firefighters C-lects
PCOV ‘A’

GO ROYALS!

Burnaby is the team that dropped from div 1 after being there for a couple of years. Unless they have lost a lot of players, you guys may be in tough.

Just look at the UBC game against newly promoted IFC Zawisza ....13-0 embarrassment

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby is the team that dropped from div 1 after being there for a couple of years. Unless they have lost a lot of players, you guys may be in tough.

Just look at the UBC game against newly promoted IFC Zawisza ....13-0 embarrassment

Where did you see/hear that result?

I'll go out on an even longer limb then. I stand by my initial prediction of 3-0 Royals. :wa: I got cut to our CAT team, so I'll be of no influence but a spectator tonight.

Good luck to everyone else this weekend.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY wins 2-nil over the Royals. Don't ask me how I know.... I just do.

BTW, BBY are total mince.

I do hope young #8 is alright though.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY wins 2-nil over the Royals. Don't ask me how I know.... I just do.

BTW, BBY are total mince.

I do hope young #8 is alright though.

cha, it's true. mince.

first goal off a deserved PK. I submit poor form by our keeper on the play, hope #8 is alright! I believe we had control of the game just couldn't convert. we missed an open net early off a great cross....tsn turning point.

kudos to shamrock, well done to keep control. be sure I'll put you to work tomorrow my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0