Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Feb-March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
StuckIN said:
So we find out who's in the cup on Thurday this week? Some one please explain how this works to me? My first season in this league and nothing makes sense so far. Please help

top 4 from 2A, top 4 from 2B, top 4 from 2C, Top 2 from CATA, Top 2 from CATB.

StuckIN Looks like PCOV A will get in. But PCOV B is done. That game you guys played in Ladner at Holly turf, was tha backbreaker for your B team. ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gigi_Becali said:
FC Romania 8 - 2 C-men United
bye.
Romania got the 3pts they needed to get the trip to Div1. Cocky attitude(by some), questionable sportsmanship(by some), aside, Romania has a pretty solid team. It is very interesting username that you have assumed. Mentor? One of your "Homie from the Hood"? I am by no means knowledgeable about Romainian History but at first glance G.B. has many qualities that describe your team. Competent but Prideful and Classless when challenged. Anyways, Best of Luck in your Div.1 Adventures...

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Romania are a good team. The classless ones were on the sideline constantly heckling. Maybe our poor performance deserved some heckling, but when our keeper went out with a pulled calf someone shouted "poor baby". That's a little much. The guys on the field were ok though, and definitely play a well-organized, high tempo game. We had eleven players to start but when our center-mid informed me (one minute before kickoff) that he had a pulled hamstring, I knew we were in trouble. A couple of walking wounded, a keeper coming off of a 5 week+ lay-off, a forward who had to leave at half-time to go to work, and a couple more no-shows, and the rout was on. Ironically, when we went down to nine men at about 60 minutes we held them scoreless. But the damage was done, scoring wise, so I guess they eased up a bit. Even with our best lineup we would have been in tough so full marks to them and good luck in div 1.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
top 4 from 2A, top 4 from 2B, top 4 from 2C, Top 2 from CATA, Top 2 from CATB.

StuckIN Looks like PCOV A will get in. But PCOV B is done. That game you guys played in Ladner at Holly turf, was tha backbreaker for your B team. ;)

I didn't even know we had a B team.... But thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who would have thought that the entire (2C) bracket would be happy to see one team get promoted. Sadly,they will probably grace us with their presence after next season. At least, for the most part, tongue has usually been planted firmly in cheek as concerns the Train comments. By the way, is it too early to welcome y'all back? A quick review of this season's 2C related banter reveals a less than complimentary opinion virtually division-wide. I am quite positive that the phrase "ignorance is bliss" only applies to children... At any rate, on to face the Goo Boys this weekend. How about 9 on 9 5th Back ?

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
How about 9 on 9 5th Back ?

Ah yes, the reality of the late season for mid to lower table teams in div 2. Maybe we can narrow the pitch then to avoid the bog that has formed along the southwest corner of McBride Park? But having Montgomery as your home park, this might play in your favor, so hopefully you can bring your full eleven. Hope the rain holds off as well.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5th Back,

Well contested game on Monday. You guys worked us hard through the middle of the park and made good use of the turf. Some of that was due to us missing our entire inside mid corp but your team did well with keeping possesion. Giving up that early goal was a deciding factor. The JB's are not looking like a motivated bunch but hopefully the focus of the collective bunch will be better when cup draw comes out on Sat.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
5th Back,

Well contested game on Monday. You guys worked us hard through the middle of the park and made good use of the turf. Some of that was due to us missing our entire inside mid corp but your team did well with keeping possesion. Giving up that early goal was a deciding factor. The JB's are not looking like a motivated bunch but hopefully the focus of the collective bunch will be better when cup draw comes out on Sat.

I thought we deserved at least a tie - had enough chances, just couldn't finish. Hitting the crossbar in the 2nd half was the closest we got. You guys defended your lead well though, after scoring two nice goals, kind of against the run of play:mad: Well done, good luck in the cup.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooops - showed up 5 minutes before kickoff vs. Nomads, but it appears none of the rest of my team did. Apologies to Nomads for the default - miscommunication from all parties on our side. Such is the life of the season that seems to have been split into 3 separate seasons due to weather. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0