Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vmsl/fvsl Master's Rumour Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is from an unreliably, reliable source or is that reliably, unreliable source. :confused: No matter, as it will materialize eventually anyway.

Next season will have at the minimum an interlocking schedule between both leagues. Quite likely is that the two leagues will merge. There you have it

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be very interesting. The VMSL is a good, competitive league already. Why do we need to now go way the hell out there to play other equally competitive teams? Isn't ten teams enough??
Past experience tells us that those teams that qualify for the provincial cup are highly competitive regardless of the league. Doesn't make sense really.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we thought Maple Ridge was far. Can you imagine crossing not one but two bridges, that's unheard of.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The interlocking schedule has been talked about for a couple of years. Personally, I'm waiting for the VMSL O-40's to get off the ground with slidetackling! But I might qualify for O-50's by the time it happens...

I guess working the points into the league standings might be a stumbling block, travel another. It could make for some good road trip hijinks though if the hosts put some effort into it. Don't promise bbq's though and then not come through—ahem, cough, PEG, cough, cough.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bridge excuse. What's with the aura and mystery of a steel span reaching across a body of water that seems to frighten so many? It's a road for crying out loud.

"Honey, where are you playing today?" "We're playing in Coquitlam." 'EGAD! Coquilam? But we live in Surrey. I don't want you to go. Has our Will been updated? Are our papers in order? Which bridge are you taking? I hope those engineers weren't hungover when they tested it last." "I'm taking the Port Mann. The demographics of the area indicate more expensive, therefore more reliable vehicles will use that span rather than the Pattulo Bridge. Less chance of tire failure and catastrophic collisions." "But it's still a bridge honey. I'll pack you a cooler and an overnight bag, just in case." "Thanks dear. I'll score a goal for you."

:rolleyes:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
The bridge excuse. What's with the aura and mystery of a steel span reaching across a body of water that seems to frighten so many? It's a road for crying out loud.
Simple. Bridges = Travel Time. Move back all matches to 2pm like we've managed to do in WV, then we might have something. 10am in sunny Surrey (or Maple Ridge :rolleyes: ) is not so appealing.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point Luch.

But seeing as how Regs and Ballbaby love the Friday night turf times, that shouldn't be a problem for you. ;)

Personally, not big on this.
Love the fact the only road trip we really have is to Maple Ridge.
And for us Valleyites, it's fcuk all.
GEU may beg to disagree though...

The VMSL is good.
The FVSL is good.

I don't see the point other than being a bit more objective on the Valley's and Metro League's entrants in the BCs.

And right now it seems to fine except that the Valley should simply get more spots. ;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There really are no excuses???? Well maybe laziness????

...Come on! Travelling around the Lower Mainland on a Sunday morning really takes no time at all...sure if your out swilling all night Saturday, it's gonna hurt Sunday morning but really what's an extra half hour up in the am???? weak very weak excuse!!!!

....Like Peter said, this has been talked about for several years now....good luck getting it done!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL Masters needs a 2nd division, and while you're at it, allow 5 players in the 30-34 age bracket.

Then call me so I can play with the old, fun farts.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes said:
but really what's an extra half hour up in the am????
... gold Jerry, gold! (even to those of us who aren't usually "swilling all night Saturday") :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a bad idea. One of the best parts of over 35s is the rivalry between the various leagues come the Provincials, that is fun.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me Masters soccer is about playing close to home, enjoying some decent football and pints, and building up local rivalries/connections with other local players. It would be great to see more valley teams, and with all the players out here it is only a matter of time...a div 1 masters division would allow for more teams to start up without worrying about keeping a team together if it is in the growing stages.
There are more "elite"- for lack of a better word- teams in the metro league but come on now...I'm not sure we all keep playing hoping to establish a super-league. I could be wrong but this does not seem to be a pressing issue among joe average valley/metro player.

Tomorrow I've got a 15 min drive to south surrey to play against Vinnie Jones. :D

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it odd that the only ones who are complaining about the travel time and such are the van league boys , we also would have to travel . I don't here to many fvsl players on here talking about how far it is to vancouver. I think if it makes for good competition then let's do it !!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be good compitition, I guess the BC's would be a League cup then :rolleyes: They are two good leagues and it adds to the compition come BC time, Why have one super league where you play all the same teams? Right now there is a good rivalry between the two.

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How exactly is it a rivalry right now , you play all year and then in one game , the bc's, it is some how a rivalry. Think in your league right now how many rivalry's there are , I know in ours there are a few good one's , PAU vs SU , SU vs Rangers , Sapp vs All blacks actually for that matter Rangers vs anyone !! More games against each other would really produce some rivalry's not one game a year !! Then when and if you made it too the BC's the rivalry's would really be in full swing !! :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say if you want to interlock, then qualify for the Provincials. If you want more interlocking games, win games in the Provincials.

Just my thoughts...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right now, there are many rivalries in our own league. This has been mentioned numerous times. On any given Sunday, the VMSL has probably eight teams that can win. You have to show up and play. There are very few "easy" wins. The provincials are not designed for rivalries. They are set up to take the best teams from around the lower mainland and vancouver island leagues. Period. I don't think you'll get much support for a combined super league. Just my opinion of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0