Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Excellent Site said:
ROUND OF 32

Game 1: KLM Alemania vs Westside FC 'A'

Game 2: CCFFC vs Meraloma SC

Game 3: Westside Bulldogs vs Sapperton Rovers

Game 4: Vancouver Firefighters vs ICSF Inter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND OF 16
Game 5: Columbus FC vs Winner of Game 1
Game 6: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 7: Cliff Avenue United vs Wickham FC
Game 8: SFU Royals vs Vancouver United
Game 9: West Van FC vs Shaheen SC

Game 10: Surrey United vs 22nd Avenue/ICSF Lions

Game 11: PCOV 'A' vs Cracovia

Game 12: Richmond United vs Winner of Game 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUARTER-FINALS
Game 13: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6
Game 14: Winner of Game 7 vs Winner of Game 8
Game 15: Winner of Game 9 vs Winner of Game 10

Game 16: Winner of Game 11 vs Winner of Game 12

SEMI-FINALS
Game 17: Winner of Game 13 vs Winner of Game 14
Game 18: Winner of Game 15 vs Winner of Game 16

FINAL

Game 19: Winner of Game 17 vs Winner of Game 18

IMPORTANT NOTES
Home teams are always listed first.

Home teams are reminded that it is their responsibility to prepare the field of play.

Home teams are to change jerseys in case of a colour conflict.

The officials’ fees are to be shared equally between the two teams.

In case of a tie, two 15-minute halves of overtime will be played. If the game is still tied after overtime, the result will be decided by penalty kicks.

The CAT system will NOT be in effect during Cup play.
As always, draws give some very interesting early matchups...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Quick observation on the "seeding" process...

Shouldn't we (BRM) be in the Game 11 slot?

I thought seeded teams shouldn't meet until the Semifinals (theoretically). I also thought that we were supposed to meet Firemen first? :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was to complain here, I would complain if I were Columbus. They got a lousy draw given their position in the league, in my view. My projection for them is they will have to play (after their 1st round bye) Westside, if they win that Sapperton, and if they win that Cliff, to get to the final. Actually now that I think of it, Westside got an even worse draw. But bad draws I guess sometimes work out. For example, when WV won this trophy last year they had to straight beat Sapp, Columbus, and VFF to get to the final against MF, who are very notable in their absence this year.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Regs...you know you don't want to play us with the record being in our favour over the past couple years....and...hey...wait a minute....are you saying we're easier than the 22ndAve lions??? Ouch....that hurts..guess it's time to start running....haha..man I kill myself...enjoy the weekend off.:D

Cheers!

ps: Hose deserves everthing "he" gets...I really do wonder what it's like to play on a team with mates that aren't even sure whether they like you or not...:eek:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any idea yet of when this starts ? SCK wants to book his Disneyland vacation :)
I cannot wait to muck it out with Inter on South Memorial.
As for the draw and Columbus - you've got to beat evryone else at some point - might as well be early. What I don't get is how 1st Div teams get a bye into the second round - that is not right - especially when they play each other in the 2nd round.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Regs...you know you don't want to play us with the record being in our favour over the past couple years....and...hey...wait a minute....are you saying we're easier than the 22ndAve lions??? Ouch....that hurts..guess it's time to start running....haha..man I kill myself...enjoy the weekend off.:D

Cheers!

ps: Hose deserves everthing "he" gets...I really do wonder what it's like to play on a team with mates that aren't even sure whether they like you or not...:eek:

22nd Avenue Lions? My imagination is running rampant. Please let them be a bunch of chubby Italians with shorts one size too small. Unlike the suave, fit Italians we have played this year. :rolleyes::D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballz:

These are the guys who weren't allowed onto Beaconsfield Park. They had to play at Beaconsfield School instead.

And Sasha:D

Trece

ps - these guys and Shaheen went to a ludicrous number of penalties to decide a winner in a previous Cup game...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

Why is WV playing Shaheen a week earlier in the cup than they are "supposed" to?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too tough of a question Regs to answer after Point Grey Turf this eve with Eagles et al. If it is OK with everyone I will answer that one in the morning.

Sir M.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Chico, rumor has it that he will be signing with WVFC. Just to let everyone know I am thinking of opening a Westcoast Velvet Underground. Many thoughts went through the mind on Friday night. Looks as though P.S. may be off for Eagles (you never know). I guess I was a jackass on Friday according to my other half. I should have gone home when Sir M went home, he is always the wise one!!

Eagles may be flying low for a few weeks.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles (left) has my vote for TTP comeback player of the year. If he keeps us this form, he will usurp the #1 goal spot for WV, dismissing Dick Howard, Higgsy, Shep Messing, Steve...(oops,secret), Planks and maybe even two-nine in the process.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, not just rusty. Just got out of a three hour strategy session with the Coach of The Year, witnessed by a number of "not able to play" guys tonight.

The little genius and I have come to a consensus that West Van is not very good.

Our Prem team is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0