Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Preseason Banter/Rumours etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So whats the Divisional Line up in Masters Premier? Who has what times to play? I know that West Van will have their games on Friday evenings at Ambleside on the AT.

So far it looks like there are 4 VMSL Masters teams (3 Prem, one lower division) in the WV tournament, and another two at least from the NSCL, and potentially one from FVSL. We are entertaining putting in an over 40s Division, as we have thus far had inquiries from 4 over 40s teams.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sources near Mosquito creek have rumours of possibly 4 Norvan open players going to Play with Wickham masters this year. One would help them with speed and goal scoring up front and the others would help them in the back line. This would also help lower their back line Average age by a decade. This would be a big move for wickham. Fonzie any word on this package deal?

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when they are going to update the VMSL website with the 2007/2008 season schedule ?

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Antifan:Mrs Lupoman is going to be playing in the WV Labour Day tournament I believe.

Thanks for the update Bernie Pascal. i could have told you that a couple days ago while her and i were enjoying a Strawberry Hill bottle of Boones while having a siesta together in the tree fort hammock. I think MR. Lupo man was off getting a touch up on his Box #34 chesnut brown. Watch your pints in the beer garden !!!! :bronco:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen monkey boy.....the days of box #34 chestnut brown are long gone. Too pissed to notice? Lupoman took a page out of the SirM guide for the man of middle age....stay fit ( mostly ), the silver hair....each strand dyed individual like...and chilled martini gear. Stay out of the Mad Dog boy...it'll stunt yer growth. Besides, Mrs. Lupoman likes a nice shiraz. Twit.

lupoman

onmartinithreelookingfornumberfour

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen monkey boy.....the days of box #34 chestnut brown are long gone. Too pissed to notice? Lupoman took a page out of the SirM guide for the man of middle age....stay fit ( mostly ), the silver hair....each strand dyed individual like...and chilled martini gear.

Well done Lupoman. This brings to mind a rather historical post, that in the dog days of August, I believe merits repeating. It has to do with enjoying a martini, as follows:

"Glad to help out the unwashed with a little advice on one of the fundamental and timeless skills in the art of being a gentleman. Not much fuss is made over a martini these days. Sir M believes that's a real pity. Maybe if more people knew how to correctly prepare this cocktail, the martini would reclaim its historical role as symbol of urbane sophistication and cool elegance.

Here’s how:

1. Ideally, the glass, shaker, strainer, and stirrer should be cold. Not chilled. Cold. Sir M prefers keeping martini gear stashed in the freezer, but for most that is probably a tad compulsive; just make sure you have enough ice.

2. Fill the glass and shaker with ice.

3. A martini is not cold gin. Nor is it a vermouth drink. Pour gin, then vermouth into the shaker in any ratio between 4:1 and 8:1 that, after thoughtful experimentation, you determine is ideal.

4. James Bond shakes, Sir M (and you) stirs. Don’t worry about “bruising the gin,” whatever that means; do worry about diluting the drink.

5. Discard the ice in the glass, then strain the martini into it.

6. Add one pitted olive. No toothpick, no pimento stuffing, and no more than one. Save your lemons for pints, espresso and vodka drinks (see below if you will).

7. Admire your handiwork for a moment before taking that first ethereal sip.

Note: A “vodka martini” is a post-1970 cocktail that makes an entirely different statement about a man’s sensibility and sense of self. It does not concern us here."

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heres the official VMSL Divisional setup (Masters Premier Division) for this upcoming season (sorry I tried to cut and paste all divs but, much like the space shuttle actually, everthing started out fine, and then kind of blew up).

So here is Masters Prem anyway:

Premier A:

Inter
Metro Ford
Cracovia
PCOV (A)
Columbus
Vancouver FF

Premier B:

Sapperton Rovers
West Van
Cliff Ave (A)
Westside (A)
Wickham
Surrey Utd

I will get back to you with the other Divs shortly...

And as promised:

Masters Div 1:

Richmond Utd
PCOV Lusitanos
CCFFC
KLM Alemania
Meralomas
Shaheen
Westside Bulldogs
22nd Ave Lions
Vancouver Utd
SFU Royals

Masters Div 2:

MetroFord Ajax
Cliff Ave (B)
PoCo Blues
Westside (B)
PoCo Celtic
Lobbans FC
Bombastic Classic
SFU Utd
Romanian FC
Ridge Shooters

Masters Div 3:

Killarney Spurs
Caribbean All Stars
Inter Steau
PCOV (B)
Roma Rangers
Vancouver Eagles
Surrey Dynamo
C Men Utd
New West Reds

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Ok, that sure stirred things up.

I have heard (unofficially of course) that an influential midfielder for Cliff has just suffered a pretty serious ankle injury? I also heard that they may be romancing a new goaltender for the upcoming season? I also heard that an ACBC player has been bragging about beating the Anti-Fan's team in a recent tournament on another thread. I also heard that Inter were thinking about coming into the WV Labour Day tournament. I also heard for SCDMTC Blonde's benefit that parking for that tournament has been secured on the all weather pitch to the west.

Any other rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0