Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember ttpers saying Sapp was in shambles (except me) and they wouldn't make it far but here they are in the semi's.

Hard Ballz of course it wouldn't be you!! Like I said in an earlier post, you are great at giving the post game scores!!;) As for duece my apologies as I am a little bit out of the loop on the Masters players and coaches but that's probably cause no one says shite anymore. Except for Sir M when West van is winning!!;) Congrats to the 4 teams left and good luck next weekend!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missing players is every team's excuse. Funny...look at Sapp all year! We are finally getting all our players back. 20 on the roster vs Columbus and we will have 22 vs West Van. We ran out of uniforms.
TT with 2 quick breakaway goals in the first 15 minutes. Columbus was game and clawed 1 back but Kent scored just before half.
Columbus again pulled within 1 to make it 3-2 but Sapp put the petal down and won going away 5-2.

I laugh when guys say certain teams are in shambles. The bottom line is real teams with "team" players are never in shambles - just a bump in the road for a lot of this year. Barely managing 11 players at times...but flying under the radar is the way to go.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see our semi final game is not til the second week of March and at Hillcrest on grass....strategy?? Why are we waiting until then?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see our semi final game is not til the second week of March and at Hillcrest on grass....strategy?? Why are we waiting until then?

First off, kids will be out for Spring break, so it's the leagues way to screw up some guys family vacations!! Another report is that PCOV really excels on the turf and WS has the home game and know they compete well on grass!! WAB I agree with your points.

The bottom line is real teams with "team" players are never in shambles - just a bump in the road for a lot of this year. Barely managing 11 players at times...but flying under the radar is the way to go.

I know of a team from the North Shore Coaches league that was cut down all year!;)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bottom line is real teams with "team" players are never in shambles - just a bump in the road for a lot of this year. Barely managing 11 players at times...but flying under the radar is the way to go.

With Bohica demoted to just beer duties and Sapperton's "team players" stepping up to the plate; it looks like these guys are the team to beat. I am glad to see WAB in good spirits coming off the upset win over the heavily favored Columbus squad.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Bohica demoted to just beer duties and Sapperton's "team players" stepping up to the plate; it looks like these guys are the team to beat. I am glad to see WAB in good spirits coming off the upset win over the heavily favored Columbus squad.

And hell, doesn't it just feel good knocking the Italians out? It's not a racist thing, after all, I love Pasticcio di Ragatoni along with a nicely aged Barolo as much as the next guy - not to mention his sister [h=1][/h]

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

And hell, doesn't it just feel good knocking the Italians out?;It's not a racist thing, after all, I love Pasticcio di Ragatoni along with a nicely aged Barolo as much as the next guy - not to mention his sister :knvb:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, kids will be out for Spring break, so it's the leagues way to screw up some guys family vacations!! Another report is that PCOV really excels on the turf and WS has the home game and know they compete well on grass!! WAB I agree with your points.

Yes, that's it....that's why our home field is turf. We have played on grass twice all year. Just to clear it up, I was curious about Hillcrest as well and it appears it was a mistake and it will be AL at noon....on the turf.

Guess we better think about another strategy......how ever will we cope?

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know one really cares but the Flying Horses are playing Westside Originals this Saturday at 2:00 pm in the Masters B Cup at Ambleside on the grass. Big double header for our club as the Open Premier guys play at noon on the turf. Should be a great day!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always in good spirits. Just really busy and don't have time really.

For Sapp, we took a page out of the Westside book: have fun and don't worry about the regular season. Let the chips fall where they may. Come cup time win your fair share and piss off all those teams practicing really hard and taking the league very seriously.
It seems like this strategy has worked for years against Sapp. So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Westside 2-1 over the Chops
Sapp 5-1 over RFC

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

For Sapp, we took a page out of the Westside book: have fun and don't worry about the regular season. Let the chips fall where they may. Come cup time win your fair share and piss off all those teams practicing really hard and taking the league very seriously.
It seems like this strategy has worked for years against Sapp. So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Thats a great way to look at it when you don t finish in the top 3. I am glad to see after a great win you seem to be not as busy and have the time to post :) Winning does wonderful things.

PS: Good luck to you guys in the final vs Westside. It should be a good game. Westside 2 Sapperton 1

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a great way to look at it when you don t finish in the top 3. I am glad to see after a great win you seem to be not as busy and have the time to post :) Winning does wonderful things.

PS: Good luck to you guys in the final vs Westside. It should be a good game. Westside 2 Sapperton 1

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Hmmm, Last time I posted was when you beat us handily.

We took this approach right from day 1 vs. Columbus and they beat us 3-0. Seems to be working....a 6-goal turn around was pretty good. Steady rise for Sapp. FUN=WINNING!;):D

You guys are working your tails off in training and in games and we are going to pass you in the standings.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that's it....that's why our home field is turf. We have played on grass twice all year. Just to clear it up, I was curious about Hillcrest as well and it appears it was a mistake and it will be AL at noon....on the turf.

Guess we better think about another strategy......how ever will we cope?

Even though the semi's aren't for a few weeks, I'm going to give my early picks

-Sapperton by 2 over Richmond

-Can't see Westside figuring out how to cope with PCOV's flair and style. PCOV is a team who las learned how to win the big games in the last few years!!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-1 over the Chops
Sapp 5-1 over RFC

Awfully confident WAB.It's great being the Underdawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0