Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters B League Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am Canada's Greatest Athlete (after ginger and Jr for sure)- sitting at the Hampton Inn in Kamloops trying to figure out what I am going to tonight.

Lads played well on Friday night. With the pissing rain, the guys showed a lot of heart. The turf definitely helped us play our game.

As most know, I have pulled myself out of goal to coach the team. Plus I am off to New Zealand on Sunday night for three weeks. We need to find a keeper for the run so we are testing different guys.

Plus, the bench needed some guidance on the subbing of players.

Some Wolves players were out scouting on Friday. This will be a great battle on Friday.

The game against them is Friday night at 7:30 pm at Ambleside. Hope to have some lads from the Masters Premier team come out and support the Horses.

Could be some tough decisions for myself on Friday as we are expecting 20 guys out.

Out from Kamloops!!

By the way, the Horses are coming up here for tournament in July. Anyone want to join us??

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way - if any Burnaby Wolves players read this site - there are no dressing rooms due to construction.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am back and have to get ready for training tomorrow nite!! I sent you a message, let's try to hook up tomorrow after work.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You do know that WVFC A has a make up game tomorrow eve at Ambleside Eagles? Who will run things with the Horses while you are on your latest international excursion?

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are going indoors tomorrow nite - not sure who will be running the squad while I am away. Decisions to be made.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver United...... Could take this one to OT
Roma Rangers.....Div 3A pride on the line

Rainforest FC.....Lulled to sleep by their 8-0 thrashings of NK in league matches
NK Hrvat 1977.....Wishful thinking.... perhaps

West Van Flying Horses.....Home field advantage helps tame hungry Wolves
Burnaby Wolves.....With a little luck they can win this one though

Westside FC Bulldogs.....Wearing garlic could help their cause
HNK Vatreni ‘M’.....Croats on a mission are not to be taken lightly

Are there train tracks near Andy Livingston? :confused: Choo Choo :D:D:D

edgar d.

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final score 6 to 0 for horses - could have been 10 to 0!! horses played well. They will miss Eagles next week as coach as he will be in New Zealand for rugby

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game last nite by the Horses!! Everyone worked hard and definitely played as a team. JR will be taking over the team next week with help from Alan E, Jua and others. Dan V and Jon V dominated up front last nite and Atko made a great penalty shot save.

Team is coming together at the right time - great team nite out last night at the Gull - everyone made home alive.

Till next week.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting Semi Finalists for Master's B cup - 3 of the 4 teams are from Div 3.

Predictions:
RomaRumpRangers vs. Rainforest Lovechildren
WestVanHorseMounters vs. Westside Bulldogz (gotta stay with my club - first loss of the year for Horsies)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting Semi Finalists for Master's B cup - 3 of the 4 teams are from Div 3.

Freddy ......... what does that say about Div 2 this year, or flip it the other way and what does it say about the quality of some of the top teams in Div 3.

Horses will be in tough this week, as our own version of The Special One is down in New Zealand drinking as many Tui beers as he can get his hands on. He was off the plane yesterday less than 30 minutes and already 4 in. JAGS has been handed the 'Caretaker Manager' role for this upcoming Semi Final. We were thinking about calling in Kenny Dagleish, but Liverpool scooped him up before we could secure his rights. I'm sure Spring Break will affect both squads to some degree, but I think that we are deep enough to give the Bulldogs a run for their money, especially since we are at home on turf at 7:30pm on a Friday night.

I am going out on a limb and going with:

Roma 1 v. Rainforest 3
WV Horses 2 v. Westside 1 ............ in OT

Westside guys, please note that the changerooms at Ambleside are under renovations, so we don't have the use of them. Also, are you guys wearing your traditional red kit? If so, we will wear white, white and white. If you plan to go with your alternate kit, we will be in blue.

JAGS

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy ......... what does that say about Div 2 this year, or flip it the other way and what does it say about the quality of some of the top teams in Div 3.
JAGS

Jags - without a doubt you guys and Rainforest with your full squad are capable of taking any div 2 team, and possibly more. Plaing against Rainforest, I got turned inside-out, the back in, then out, then in, then I just went the wrong way as their key guy went by me like no one has ever done in Premier before. I know he may have played a little whitecaps in his day (like not long ago), but holy crap. He individually beat us. When he felt like pressing and getting a goal, he did. I haven't actually been humbled like that before. And, over the years, I have had to mark the best forwards around. Granted, this happened in Div 3, and my knees are now not what they once were, nor am I, but hands down, he's one of the best players.

And, for that matter, your horsie team is really our Div 1 Omen A team competitors - all the guys we have been playing against over the years, but you didn't figure out how to get to Div 1 from Premier (still don't know why you didn't buy dissolving Cliff Ave.).

Good luck, but not too much ;-)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, here is a story about the player you speak of. A couple of years back, in summer league a player on the opposing team was frustrated and got a bit dirty and then gave him a bit of a nasty shove to the ground. About 15 minutes later, our player that you speak of got the ball 1 v 1 vs the opposing player, and he megged him. Then he stopped, came back, and did it again. Then he did it a third time, and the opposing player stopped, threw his hands up, and proclaimed..."why are you doing this to me, it was him...(pointing at the other midfielder who was standing innocently about 10 yards away indicating who had pushed him down)...

The player you refer to cracked a big smile and said he was sorry at that point. Mistaken identity in this case...JAGS may have a story about this guy's experience with a young fan in Scotland who accused him of not being his favourite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0