Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Div 1] Results & Banter 2010-11

Westside 1 Westside 0

Rangers take this one after a string of defeats and ties versus the Knights. A hard fought battle but I think we had the upper hand on speed and endurance. Ingo as always was dangerous up front for the Knights but the Rangers defence were able to keep him at bay. Score was 0-0 at the half and I think we got the winner with 12 to go. Not the prettiest goal but enough to get the 3 points. A shot and deflection from straight up the middle to seal it. 3 corners for the Knights with 2 to go was a little hair raising but a hard fought battle as always. On to the Lomas next week for a rare Sunday morning grass match.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 1 Westside 0

Rangers take this one after a string of defeats and ties versus the Knights. A hard fought battle but I think we had the upper hand on speed and endurance. Ingo as always was dangerous up front for the Knights but the Rangers defence were able to keep him at bay. Score was 0-0 at the half and I think we got the winner with 12 to go. Not the prettiest goal but enough to get the 3 points. A shot and deflection from straight up the middle to seal it. 3 corners for the Knights with 2 to go was a little hair raising but a hard fought battle as always. On to the Lomas next week for a rare Sunday morning grass match.

Can't disagree with much except you could substitute "speed and endurance" with "lower age". Both teams look much the same as last year but the Rangers seem to have added a few in the under-35 (or maybe just at 35) category and they made a huge difference.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic FC 0
Coquitlam Metro Ford 0

I thought the match was hard fought today by both sides. Metro Ford did have a player with no card at the match apparently that was eligable but was not allowed to play.

Although we hit the bar in the 1st half I though CMF were more in control of the match over all but it was apparent we were begining to create more pressure.

2nd half we began to play more in their half and looked the more likely side to score. CMF were a strong side but were lacking something in the top 3rd of the park. I felt our formation was creating some issues in the midfield so they had some trouble moving through the middle of the park. Nil nil was probably a fair result on the day though.

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's odd, I talked with a few of the CMF players and they felt that this was by far the worst outing they've had in years. I can't imagine that the 'formation' was that confusing.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's odd, I talked with a few of the CMF players and they felt that this was by far the worst outing they've had in years. I can't imagine that the 'formation' was that confusing.

I never said it was confusing.....I said I thougt it was what created some of their issues. Let's be honest, our team is no push over but in reality player to player they are/should be the better side but for the most part of the match all they did well was move the ball around in their own end along their back line and with their keeper. When trying to move though the midfield and up their strikers all they seemed to be sucessful with was ball from the back line into their Striker (Clark) and even then they never seemed to be able to penetrate our back line other than a few times. All in all they had a difficult time breaking us down for the most part. I am sure they will look forward to the rematch and expect to do better.

We were happy with our performance and I am sure they were disapointed with theirs and if they said that was their worse performance in years then I now understand why we walked off thinking we understood why they were relegated last year. I'm sure we will see a different performance from them next time round. AND hey....this is take the piss but I am not about to take the piss out of a team that very well could be in Premier and had some really solid player so no disrespect here.....just writing what I saw from the match.

I'm sure they felt their poor play was more their own doing but we worked hard to help put them off their game a little. I think we were the more likely to score later in the match as CMF seemed to tire a little with only 1 sub.

I'm sure they said it was one of their worse outings. We expected to be hard pressed to get a point from them but we felt far more pressed the week prior by Westside O's. I don't mean that with any disrespect either

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did I read this right? Maybe I have had a few too many pints?

I said it was confusing..... Let's be honest, our team pushed their balls around in their back end. They were able to penetrate our end, and expect to do better.

We were happy with our performance. We walked off thinking we understood why they were different. AND hey... take a piss on a really solid player with no disrespect here. I'm sure they said it was one of their worse hard pressed butts but we felt far more pressed by disrespect

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

"I think we were the more likely to score later in the match as CMF seemed to tire a little with only 1 sub."

CMF had a player show up without thier card, they confirmed that the player had in fact registered, the ref stated that he could play if the opposition was fine with it. They weren't so CMF played with 12 players and a quality midfielder sat and watched. Masters Div 1 and they wouldn't let him play??!?!?! WTF!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CMF had a player show up without thier card, they confirmed that the player had in fact registered, the ref stated that he could play if the opposition was fine with it. They weren't so CMF played with 12 players and a quality midfielder sat and watched. Masters Div 1 and they wouldn't let him play??!?!?! WTF!

Mate.....we have been on the reverse end of this ourselves. The decision should never be put on the other team. League rules are league rules and we all live by them.

We had another situation where a team insisted their player was eligable and it turned out the player wasn't. We said if they were that adament the player play then get him on the pitch and we will play under protest. Turned out the player in fact was not eligiable and after we lost 2-1 in that match we were awarded the 3 points on protest. Not really a way we wanted the points but rules are rules and the other team was pissed about the outcome.

Stick to the rules. We would never request to play a player without a card. We would consider it our own fault. End of discussion.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Predictions Week 5

SFU 1 Knights 3
Rangers 1 CMF 1
Shaheen 1 Bombastic 2
Eagles 0 Lamas 3
WS O's 2 22nd Ave 1

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic 4
Shaheen 4

This was an action packed evening that was for sure including injury requiring an ambulance visit. Shaheen came out fairly hard from the get go but could only create some chances from distance. We settled in and took advantage of some poor marking on a free kick and potted one to go up by 1. Then at around the 35 minute mark of the first half one of Shaheens players went in carelessly, but not in a nasty fashion and caught our player awkwardly and down he went......and bang...broken humeros bone in his right arm. Complete break, arm hanging down the whole bit.

After 25 minute break we get restarted and we potted one more to go in on the half up 2-0. Gets better. We go up 3 -0 and then miss one clean break away and then another clean break from 25 yards. We then leaked a real stupid one where our defender decided to try and turn with a player all over him from behind when all he needed to do was put the ball out and we could set up for a throw. He didn't.......turn over in 18 yard box and bang in the net. They score a second from direct free kick and now they are smelling come back.

Westart shatting the bed strangley but gained some control and possession for a 10 minute period and went up 4-2....the rest is history. 4-4 and I still feel sick this morning. Bring on the turkey!

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Metro Ford 4 - Vancouver Eagles 0

Not much of a game really. The spread could have been much greater. MF up 2 nil at the half with most of the play in Vancouvers end. Much of the same in the second half except a few of the eagles blew their minds and rec'd reds for mouthing off at the ref which was odd because the game was pretty tame.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Metro Ford 4 - Vancouver Eagles 0

Much of the same in the second half except a few of the eagles blew their minds and rec'd reds for mouthing off at the ref which was odd because the game was pretty tame.

Actually not too surprising. this team has a bit of a record for the descention reds and if the game does get a little tough then the nasty fouls begin too. We have been playing this team for 3 years now and it can be a gong show sometimes.

I expect your boys to be top of the tables (i think you are after this weekend as it is) at the end of the season. Although I though we played you relatively well, you were shy on players that day and your team to me has been the best we have played both technically and talent wise player by player.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic 1
West Side Rangers 1

We came out in this one ready to play from the start. West Side were solid but we certainly created the better chances in the first 3/4 of the first half. We hit one post, ball hit inside of post and went across goal and out for goal kick it was that close. We potted one around 30 minutes with a break down the left flank. A good one two pass with our full back out of our own end then I carried the ball with the full back continuing his run down the flank, through ball and he was in on the keeper, little chip over diving keeper who got a little peice and then their player tried to clear of the line but put it in.

at 35 minutes we had another ambulance call for the second week in a row...this time one of their players. 50/50 ball in on the keeper with one of our defenders as well. Their player was probably never going to get the ball but nothing dirty in the challenge just a clash and what sounded like a breaking shin pad. Keeper's knee actually hit players thigh and the end result was broken femur.

1/2 hour delay and then we kicked off to play 10 minutes of first and then carry straight into the 2nd half. We came out flat after playing well and creating most of the chances up to the injury break and they scored from a nice shot from a cut in across the top of our box but we gave him too much room to shoot. Excellent little bender to far post and in. Match tied.

2nd half Rangers carried most of the play and we hung on for the draw. We lost our legs a little and they took advantage. We kept turnign the ball over every time we began to penetrate their end so it felt like we were defending for 35 minutes in the 2nd.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Trece, I don't know him. Asian fellow is all I can tell you. Right now I'm just hoping we don't go 3 for 3 this Friday night vs 22nd Ave. Stay tuned for my late night slurry post around 1am:knvb:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

BFC 1
22nd Ave 1

The Lions are definitely a better squad than last year but the same result as we have always had with them......a draw. I thought they took the game to us early on and had some chances that they should have converted but the only goal they potted was a gift back pass from inside the 18 yard box that wouldn't have reached our keeper if the field was on a 45 degree slope. Apparently a communication error but never the less the ball was in the back of the net after 10 minutes. We started to play our way into the match and we scored on a long ball up the right flank from our back third of the park over their last defender with one of our attacking wide mids doing well to get on it behind their full back and put one back post up and over their keeper from top corner of the 18 yrd box. Really nice finish and a goal against the run of play really. The goal helped us settle down and play some better football.

In the second half we defended and absorbed the pressure and couter attacked for the better chances. In reality we deserved to get one or two based on the chances we created but based on possession the Lions maybe should have had one. In the end no ambulances and a hard played match for 90 mins. The lions will most likely be top 3 this year but I fancy metro ford or Westside to win the division after playing all 3 now.

Just wanted to mention Lions #8 was a menace all match and I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Quick, Skilled and smart play with the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0