Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's the love! Go Rangers!

Forza Italia!

Welcome aboard. Nice to see members of other teams jumping in. My words were harsh to say I don't rate your squad.........but I think you probably ready my more complimentary words to folllow.

The celtic Team we played the other week was top class and dangerous up front so I really do think on paper are a squad that should be above you. PCOV also are a solid squad.....although helped by players coming down from their Premier team.

Then there is your boys. You start the match with 8 players then to 9, 10 and then a full squad by 20 mins in and just ge the job done. Credit to you. Your best players are your best players and always show up and get the job done and I think that is the key to your success. A few tough matches to finish the season so we will see what your season end record is. PROVE ME WRONG. You have a good bunch of lads and we look forward to reserecting the R&B Cup again in late August with your boys again.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Covercrete on their successful protest of us forgetting to add a players name to the team list!!! You couldn't beat us with 8 players so you may as well go the protest route! Looking forward to the Cup match!!!!

Bunch of F*ckin Sore Losers!!!

(*) Game played on 2009-03-01 at Port Moody Middle School against Covercrete FC. In the second half, Westside FC used a player whose name did not appear on their roster. Covercrete FC protested the game on the grounds that the player in question was ineligible. The VMSL executive upheld the Covercrete protest and has awarded the game—by a 1-0 score—to the protesting team. As well, a $50 fine will be issued against Westside FC.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Covercrete on their successful protest of us forgetting to add a players name to the team list!!! You couldn't beat us with 8 players so you may as well go the protest route! Looking forward to the Cup match!!!!

Bunch of F*ckin Sore Losers!!!

(*) Game played on 2009-03-01 at Port Moody Middle School against Covercrete FC. In the second half, Westside FC used a player whose name did not appear on their roster. Covercrete FC protested the game on the grounds that the player in question was ineligible. The VMSL executive upheld the Covercrete protest and has awarded the game—by a 1-0 score—to the protesting team. As well, a $50 fine will be issued against Westside FC.

Though I can understand your frustration to lose a game you won...I'm not sure I get your anger towards Covercrete???
Who screwed up, them or your team???

You played someone not on your team list, we could all do that and have "ringers" playing each week if we so choose.
Again I understand the frustration but I think you should direct it to your own team and say get the f@cking paperwork right!

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Though I can understand your frustration to lose a game you won...I'm not sure I get your anger towards Covercrete???

You played someone not on your team list, we could all do that and have "ringers" playing each week if we so choose.
Again I understand the frustration but I think you should direct it to your own team and say get the f@cking paperwork right!

We simply forgot to put the players name on the list. He was eligible to play. How does this constitute a "ringer" we were winning the game and there was 15 minutes remaining. The guy who came off had pulled his groin!

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting one…and I’m sure one that will cause some debate, but I’m with Stranger on this one.

I assume the player was actually in fact eligible and just wasn’t put down before the game for whatever reason (I’m guessing a late arrival). I know “rulez is rulez” but to be honest I would be embarrassed about protesting this one after turning up short handed and losing the game convincingly (I think at 3-1). If it was an illegible player, then there is definitely no argument for Westside.

Now if there were critical points at stake (whether you look like you are going up, down, or on a cup run) you may look at the protest option and I can totally see why, but it doesn’t look like this was a factor here. In this instance I would hate to win (or lose) a non-important game purely due to a minor administration error. Not a mistake I think the Westside boys will be repeating I guess.

By the way, we pride ourselves in our exemplary paperwork skills! ;)

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct it was a simple clerical error! The player arrived late and he wasn't on the list. He gave the ref his card when he subbed in.

Nothing gained whatsoever by Concretefeet F.C.!!

Should make for an interesting Cup game in 2 weeks!!!!

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We simply forgot to put the players name on the list. He was eligible to play. How does this constitute a "ringer" we were winning the game and there was 15 minutes remaining. The guy who came off had pulled his groin!

Hey fair enough...I never meant to say you put a ringer in the game because even with 8 I am pretty sure your squad would beat Covercrete.
In saying that I still think team lists fall under your teams responsibility and if it is not done correct you shouldn't blame them.

jmo, but I hear your point as well. Tough way to lose!!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I think it's pretty straight forward Ranger, you fcuked up. The team list is the game day document that everything is based on.

We, the older, smarter and better looking, Westside Div. 2 team have everyone on a pre-printed team list every week (crossing out the rare carded player) and that way you are covered. It makes for a more relaxing pre-game for the coach as well.

...how about we walk down and fcuk 'em all...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct it was a simple clerical error! The player arrived late and he wasn't on the list. He gave the ref his card when he subbed in.

Nothing gained whatsoever by Concretefeet F.C.!!

Should make for an interesting Cup game in 2 weeks!!!!

I know how this works. I pitty Covercrushed FC:eek:. A little story for you.

It was two years ago when the Orange Cards came into play and we had lost a tough 2-1 result to the much older and better looking Westside squad. They brought a card to the referee and asked us if they could add to the team list we said yes but then noticed his card was blue. We mentioned this made him ineligable to play. They were sure this wasn't the case so said they would play him and we said that was fine but we were registerign a protest based on the fact (done to their face, not behind their back) we had left two players off the list due to card colour. Anyway, long story short we did win the protest...........................and then got shite kicked and fcucked all over the field in our 2nd match vs them no less than 10 weeks later. We laughed about it with them after the match and I think although trying to make a point they respected the fact we were able to laugh at oursleves for getting our asses kicked all over the field. The match ended 4- nil. NO CONTEST WHAT SO EVER. THey brought 22 players and subbed ever 10 minutes while we ran our baggs off for 90 mins with 13 players.

We were actually in the right so different case but never the less I have a feeling I might like to watch this cup match if played at a different time than our match:knvb:

My view is that this is a poor protest and the ref actually should have acknowledged this player was not on the list but is eligable to play as a carded player and asked Covercrushed to allow for him to be added to the list. So really the ref should pay the fine.

COME ON GUYS THIS IS AMETEUR DIV 2 MASTERS. I would be ashamed if our squad had protested based on the information I am reading.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie,

Unbeknownst to you guys, we actually had a case lined up to appeal the decision to the BCSA that was quite well founded. To appeal to the BCSA on your League's ruling, you must have evidence that they went against their own rules...at any rate, that rule regarding card colour was ambiguous at best (at the time).

But our esteemed President made a judgement call that, seeings how it was just "AMETEUR DIV 2 MASTERS", we would eat it and save an appeal for a more worthy cause (you don't exactly get in the exec's good books when you call in Mom to settle a score) and we didn't do anything...but I still say the rule was vague and their decision at the time was not just.

We still like kicking you guys though, so hopefully we can get our ship righted so we can meet up in a couple of rounds of Cup play!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie,

Unbeknownst to you guys, we actually had a case lined up to appeal the decision to the BCSA that was quite well founded. To appeal to the BCSA on your League's ruling, you must have evidence that they went against their own rules...at any rate, that rule regarding card colour was ambiguous at best (at the time).

But our esteemed President made a judgement call that, seeings how it was just "AMETEUR DIV 2 MASTERS", we would eat it and save an appeal for a more worthy cause (you don't exactly get in the exec's good books when you call in Mom to settle a score) and we didn't do anything...but I still say the rule was vague and their decision at the time was not just.

We still like kicking you guys though, so hopefully we can get our ship righted so we can meet up in a couple of rounds of Cup play!

Is this why my mother told me to let dead dogs lie?:D I personally agree with you that the rule was a silly one. If the player is of eligable age then they should be allowed to play. We just felt that because we had left players off of our roster because of this rule then we were at a disadvantage by following the rule.................wait am I debating something that took place two years ago??? How about we just have a beer while we watch your younger uglier Westside team put a beating on CoverCrap FC.

We certainly hope you make it through the cup rounds like we expect and we do the same so we can battle it out on the field;). We always enjoy playing your lot. Good players, smooth line changes and you play hard but clean. Best of luck in the next round of the cup.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same to you Georgie!

I was actually up in the corner of Quilchena for about 15 minutes watching you guys play Vancouver United (my sometime chiropractor plays for them) to see if you are the same guys or what...man you guys really talk it up out there, back in my drinking days that might have been hard on the hangover to have to listen to all that!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same to you Georgie!

I was actually up in the corner of Quilchena for about 15 minutes watching you guys play Vancouver United (my sometime chiropractor plays for them) to see if you are the same guys or what...man you guys really talk it up out there, back in my drinking days that might have been hard on the hangover to have to listen to all that!

I think Fordinho would back up this statement.......I shout it up alot.......the rest of the lot talk it up.

It's all part of the game plan. Earlier the match, worse the hangover the louder I am.

We are pretty much a similar lot with a few changes. We have added some speed on our back end which has made a huge difference and a couple of other guys in our Midfield. One of our Strikers has also come into form this year. Other than that we are same aging plummers we have always been:eek:

And of course a slimed down less womanizing Fordinho.....muss'nt miss out that little detail.

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same to you Georgie!

PS Peter: mine too. Mark nearly took me out near the end of the game - he apologized but I think he was trying to drum up some business.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark drum up business? Nah, he's probably still whinging about me stepping on his toes in our game against them a couple weeks back.:D

Stranger: like Peter said, if you put everyone's names on yer roster sheets, you don't have that problem happening. Just cross off your suspendeds and no-shows and Bob's somebody's uncle. Simple really.

Actually, usually if a game is to be protested, one would make that point beforehand. I guess your unlisted guy made enough of an impact on the game to them to notice him...

Of course we should be able to trust that everybody's legitimately of age and who they say they are. Riiiiiigght.:rolleyes: The whole reason we have ID cards for playing despite being old farts is that somebody bent the honour system so far beyond breaking that we had to do it. You can thank an earlier incarnation of Cracovia for that.:mad:

Georgie: see you lot on Sunday if yer mudpit of a pitch is actually open. I honestly don't mind Quilchena against teams like yours; compared to Hastings, it's a mucker's paradise, like South Memorial used to be for us. Looking forward to abusing Densky and drinking your beer.

Alla best,

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0