Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton has never beaten West Van in league play, and never beaten them at Ambleside, so their predicted emphatic victory this weekend will be notable... should it occur.
Not true, we beat you 2-1 at Mercer one cold Friday night in Dec, 2008. Never at Ambleside.
On that note, I know that all these tongue-in-cheek predictions are just inflating the Sapp aura. I'll put SirM at ease and say we will be lucky to have 12 players this weekend due to the Saturday change.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the today between SU and PCOV. PCOV gets it done with committment to hard work with a 2-0 victory over a very old SU team. Noticed Regs and Spiro weren't there for Surrey today. The weird thing here is that these two players would not only have helped Surrey tonight but they would have dropped the average in age down quite considerably!!:eek: Surrey would probably be a top two team if there was an over 40's division. As for PCOV they may have lost some of their elite talent from last year, but it seems to me like they are playing with more grit and determination. What they maybe lack in talent from last year, they make up with it in heart and hard work this year. Don't be surprised if they give Sapp their first loss of the year next week in the Beer Bowl. as for the game itself PCOV scored about 10 mins into the game. PCOV was happy to watch SU try to run their game and attack through Sully. Sully still has a great touch on the ball, but his fitness is lacking in a big way. PCOV gets the insurance marker half way through the second half. Sully's partner in crime Arnie wasn't at the game either. Bohica mentioned that Arnie doesn't play 9pm games out in burnaby, and now days he won't even come to games if it's raining out! ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but you're not the only one. Does R Mats ring a bell?

I heard that SU looked really bad and couldn't get past centre in the 1st half. But as we all know, it is Masters and a lot of guys take weekends off sometimes - whether they are playing or not. I suspect it's just an anomaly for SU.
The one thing that happened to Sapp this year was we got a lot younger. Perhaps we don't play that nice football we did 2 years ago, but we have some game-breakers on the pitch.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have also never played West Van on a Saturday at 6pm....
On a side note...it is supposed to be a rainy night on Sat...i wonder if the key to the change room is going to magically disappear again! :confused:

Maybe they should get a detective to find the where about's of the key that seems to go missing every second week. Sir M, any suggestions?

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for the remaining games
Sapp 4 West Van 0 (It will be 6 - 0 if Jags and Dick see the pitch today)

MOTW
Westside 1 Columbus 1

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the heck was playing for SU if people were saying they looked old out there?!?!

I thought they got younger this year (Sully & Arnie the exceptions)?

Ballbaby is mid-40s and I'm getting there so if we were to bring down the average considerably I have to assume Reeder, Hughsey, McQuade and Farqs were playing... :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like ppl_mvr made the wrong decision this summer as a UFA. Choosing to go ply his trade over at Richmond who now sit in the basement of the standings, at least they aren't alone as they are tied with the Germans!!;) Romania with a big result last night and Wickham keeps pace in the standings with the Porkchops. With the top 4 teams playing each other this weekend, it gives Wickham and PCOV a chance to still stay within striking distance of the top half of the standings.

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor

Imagine how we (Richmond) are feeling. We signed ppl_mvr with the hope of some offensive upside (something we are in desperate need of), unfortunately he hasn't found the score sheet yet....

Can anyone say "BJ Mac Donald"???

DD3

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - West Van 2

I cannot recall the last time I played in West Van and it didn't rain. A typical, physical, long-ball game between the 2 sides. We played right into their hands again and lost, again. WestVan was full marks for the win. Besty's free kick should never had gone in. 2nd goal was a good run by Bunny for the nice set up to WestVan's favourite son, best friend and inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceFwYv8sZk
Had a lot of fun playing for the first time this season after surgery early September (meniscus). Game is now forgotten about.....fcuk!

PCOV and the "Beer Bowl" next week. With everyone returning for Sapp, I expect a great game at Queens next Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0