Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's games:

Friday:

Romanian at West Van
Sapperton at Richmond
Columbus at Wickham
KLM Alemania at PCOV

Sunday:

Surrey Utd at Westside

Im thinking one or two ties this weekend...

Sir M

rom vs wv 0-5
sap vs rmd 3-0
col vs wkm 1-2
klm vs pcov 0-7
sur vs ws 1-2

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't say. You're like a kid on Xmas Eve....Favs will be returning in the new year.

It doesn't really matter who, if anyone, that Sapp signs...they already have enough talent to beat any team in this league. What they are lacking is character which is what they lost in the guys that left! When you have two of your team "leaders" walking off the pitch in the middle of the game swearing at each other when you are ahead by 5 and 6 goals...its not skill that is lacking. Btw Jwtp...are you and Favs speaking yet? :p

Anyways....on a good note I got clearance from the doc and get to play against all you misfits from Sappland! Maybe we can do the beer bowl on the return leg and give you guys home field advantage (you may need it!). :cool:

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyways....on a good note I got clearance from the doc and get to play against all you misfits from Sappland! :cool:

That's great that your Doc gave you clearance to play, question is did you get you prescription filled for after the game;)

I don't think the character and leader ship is in question at Sapp, the problem at hand this year is trying to find a mutually agreeable way to destroy teams with a lot of goals! ;)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Sapperton TEAM:

Congrats on getting the arabian prince of bel air. I just spoke to him and he is coming to you guys! Looks like SAPPERTON will be a power house up front.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous said:
To the Sapperton TEAM:

Congrats on getting the arabian prince of bel air. I just spoke to him and he is coming to you guys! Looks like SAPPERTON will be a power house up front.

Once again Fanblab you're on top of things. I just love your opinion........:rolleyes:

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Sapp signed Zico last night, there is another BIG signing on Friday, and another goal scorer is expected to make his way over from the Valley in a few weeks time.
WAB's schedule for returning is Thanksgiving weekend, along with Alex 2.
Alex 1 has been playing injured yet still has managed to score 3 goals in 2 games. With Zico in the mix Sapp should be a scoring machine.
I'm really looking forward to some exciting soccer from Sapp.

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't really matter who, if anyone, that Sapp signs...they already have enough talent to beat any team in this league. What they are lacking is character which is what they lost in the guys that left! When you have two of your team "leaders" walking off the pitch in the middle of the game swearing at each other when you are ahead by 5 and 6 goals...its not skill that is lacking. Btw Jwtp...are you and Favs speaking yet? :p

Anyways....on a good note I got clearance from the doc and get to play against all you misfits from Sappland! Maybe we can do the beer bowl on the return leg and give you guys home field advantage (you may need it!). :cool:

PPL MVR - I hope you don't think you are part of any character lost by Sapp! However, you are a character! You do have moments when you are entertaining. Reminds me of the "class clown".
BTW, I will spring for a couple of pints after the game for you and Mr. President.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What they are lacking is character which is what they lost in the guys that left! When you have two of your team "leaders" walking off the pitch in the middle of the game swearing at each other when you are ahead by 5 and 6 goals..

What do you mean, no character. This is a characteristic - I just don't know what to call it.

Let me paint the picture:
The game vs Wickham turned into a shite-show after their 2nd red. We pumped in a couple of goals to make it 4 - 0, and due to their frustrations (and frustrations rightfully so), they stopped playing and stopped running. Sapp put a couple more by them and they were pissed off. At the same time, Favs didn't want to embarrass them, but Kent wanted Sapp to at least keep working to build fitness and work on passing. In the meantime you have a couple of yahoos on the team that are still making 50 yard runs, going in 2 on 6 vs the defense and are pounding the goals in from 15 yard out. Then throw into the mix the 2 coaches who have stopped coaching because it's 4-buzz and are talking about yesteryear ("Bry, this is why you were never a good coach!"), and one player is pissed that off that we had to put back in our striker because they're are no other subs and what do you think is going to happen? So all this is going on while Kent and Favs are having a go about what our philosophy should be in this situation - which will probably not happen again - and since you have a couple of guys who played with each other for the last 10 or so years and swearing at each other. Well, all hell breaks out!

It was fun, though.:D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean, no character. This is a characteristic - I just don't know what to call it.

Let me paint the picture:
The game vs Wickham turned into a shite-show after their 2nd red. We pumped in a couple of goals to make it 4 - 0, and due to their frustrations (and frustrations rightfully so), they stopped playing and stopped running. Sapp put a couple more by them and they were pissed off. At the same time, Favs didn't want to embarrass them, but Kent wanted Sapp to at least keep working to build fitness and work on passing. In the meantime you have a couple of yahoos on the team that are still making 50 yard runs, going in 2 on 6 vs the defense and are pounding the goals in from 15 yard out. Then throw into the mix the 2 coaches who have stopped coaching because it's 4-buzz and are talking about yesteryear ("Bry, this is why you were never a good coach!"), and one player is pissed that off that we had to put back in our striker because they're are no other subs and what do you think is going to happen? So all this is going on while Kent and Favs are having a go about what our philosophy should be in this situation - which will probably not happen again - and since you have a couple of guys who played with each other for the last 10 or so years and swearing at each other. Well, all hell breaks out!

It was fun, though.:D

So, basically a disagreement broke out on the most humane way to finish the game and put them out of their misery?

You guys are peaches!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for this are

WV over Romania
Sapp with their new signing will win this one by a few over Richmond. Sapp lost some good character with ppl mvr going to Rich but hey not a bad trade off Zico for ppl mvr.
Columbus over Wickham
Westside over Surrey, as it's the last league game before Westerns next weekend in Victoria for WS.
PCOV after building and getting some confidence last week will beat Alemania. Not sure if I were the Pork Chops I would probably cancel the Beer Bowl with Sapp after WAB just went and stole Zico with out compensation. I saw Zico at PCOV's game against WV last week, and he must have known that he could have helped out PCOV this year and gotten loads of minutes!! Not sure what WAB's incentive was??

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV will beat Romania handily...4-0
Columbus over Wickham 4-1
PCOV over Alemania 3-1
WS won't have any trouble with Surrey 3-0
Sapp is going to have trouble gelling with all their new signings (not to mention trying to find playing time for everyone...they might have to change format to a 3-3-4). Richmond with an early lead and Sapp with alot of infighting ending in a 1-1 draw. Richmond wins on the tie breaker rule (bigger cooler!). :knvb::bronco::wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0