Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, is correct on this. The rumour has it that by Christmas Ollie maybe be moving over to the NSCL with a certain team over there.:D

I have it on good authority that Oliver is playing with MF Masters in Div 1 right now til he gets fit.

My picks for this week our
Sapp over Wickham
WS continues to prepare for the Westerns with a win over Romania.
PCOV will battle hard but come up short as WV gets their second win of the year.
Columbus comes back to reality with a win against Alemania.
Surrey and Richmond will tie

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for this week our
Sapp over Wickham
WS continues to prepare for the Westerns with a win over Romania.
PCOV will battle hard but come up short as WV gets their second win of the year.
Columbus comes back to reality with a win against Alemania.
Surrey and Richmond will tie

Sapp by 2 over Wickham
Westside by 3 over Romania
WV by 2 over PCOV
Columbus by 3 over Alemania
Richmond by 1 over Surrey

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
News
ppl-mvr will confirm next week, once he talks to his team, that the beer bowl is being extended to include RFC!:knvb:

Sapp
PCOV
RFC

The league is getting quite interesting

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, as I stated earlier in the week!

Just be glad you aren't playing PCOV next week, as they will be seeking revenge!!

Sir M, Again you are welcome for the heads up! Or is that heads ties it up??
Psst...Conductor West Van is away to PCOV this Friday nite at 9PM...thanks for the heads up, the last thing we need is PCOV seeking revenge, especially if they did not have all of their guys out last week!

Sir M

Heard that Sapp gave a beat down to Wickham!!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm... Can you give us some clues?

Last piece of news i heard regarding Sapperton was that paul favaro isnt really 48, he has been using false identification. His true age is 36. :)

You are confusing him with the baseball pitcher from Taiwan in the little league world series.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1 WestVan 1 We played terrible they didn't give up. Should have been over in first half, we went to sleep in second half thinking 1 bagel was enough. Pcov deserved the point that we pissed away.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 6 - Wickham 0

Was it a full moon last night.
It didn't occur to me until after the game that ppl-mvr wasn't there to cheer us on, catch up on old times, or even finalize the Hooped Idiots entry into our Beer Bowl Subdivision (BTW - rejected on a technicality). Trying to ram his way into our dressing room at half, I should have known he was there to scout us for the upcoming clash next week in Richmond. I don't know if he got much of anything except to conclude that the best way to approach Sapp was to spot us a 4 goal cushion and watch us implode all over the field.

The ref was an absolute nightmare for Wickham. He spotted Sapp 2 goals with a PK (handball was clearly outside the box) and an offside (our player says he wasn't:rolleyes:) tap-in. He was practically behind the goalie as he slid to tuck it in. The ref red carded 2 Wickham players and a Sapp player on he sidelines who was bantering with a Wickham player about the justification of the 2nd red.

I could go on and on about this ex-professional player-turned-ref who originated from a South American country (Brasil I think). But the best was him telling me 1 hour before the game that the PK spot was too close. And because he played professional soccer he knew it was too close.:rolleyes: 11.15 metres he kept telling me (you should have seen this guys giant strides! He was getting 1.5 yards on every stride!) Well after pulling out the tape measure to ensure ourselves it was 36 feet = 12 yards, trying to explain to him that it was the correct yardage "I don't know yards, it's supposed to be 11.15 metres." This argument continued with the 18 yard box (16.5 metres), the goal (7 metres), the 6, and the origins of the measurement. I kid you not.

Where was I? Off on a tangent somewhere.

What I learned last night:
1. I was never a good coach. However, I did win the Senior co-co of the year for BC soccer in 2006.;)
2. Ex-professionals internal visual distance calculations and guestiments are far superior to us non-pros.
3. We can score goals.
4. Since we'll be up 6 buzz a lot of times this year, Sapp will have to practice a strategy of not killing each other for the utter confusion and frustrations this creates.
5. The origins of field measurements & the "Goat Horns" (see avatar)
6. Darren Babey is Sapp's choice for companionship;););):rolleyes::confused:

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1 WESTVAN 1

Good battle last nite at Burnaby lake. Westvan is a gritty team with a lot of skill. I thought Sir M ran the bench very well last nite. These guys will finish in the top 3, its just a matter of where. Good luck the rest of the way.

Also kudo's to the referee, he let both teams play.

Onto KLM next week....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the coaching compliment Fanta, but I disagree: I shouldn't have taken those guys off starting at the 20 min mark. That put you back in the game. Really tough to give up the points at the 93 plus minute mark, on the last play of the game.

Anyway, several lessons learned, and good on PCOV for battling all game. I think something similar happened in this same fixture, same ref, same location, last year.

PS... was your left back a little tipsy at kickoff time?

Sir M

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 6 - Wickham 0

Was it a full moon last night.
It didn't occur to me until after the game that ppl-mvr wasn't there to cheer us on, catch up on old times, or even finalize the Hooped Idiots entry into our Beer Bowl Subdivision (BTW - rejected on a technicality). Trying to ram his way into our dressing room at half, I should have known he was there to scout us for the upcoming clash next week in Richmond. I don't know if he got much of anything except to conclude that the best way to approach Sapp was to spot us a 4 goal cushion and watch us implode all over the field.

The ref was an absolute nightmare for Wickham. He spotted Sapp 2 goals with a PK (handball was clearly outside the box) and an offside (our player says he wasn't:rolleyes:) tap-in. He was practically behind the goalie as he slid to tuck it in. The ref red carded 2 Wickham players and a Sapp player on he sidelines who was bantering with a Wickham player about the justification of the 2nd red.

I could go on and on about this ex-professional player-turned-ref who originated from a South American country (Brasil I think). But the best was him telling me 1 hour before the game that the PK spot was too close. And because he played professional soccer he knew it was too close.:rolleyes: 11.15 metres he kept telling me (you should have seen this guys giant strides! He was getting 1.5 yards on every stride!) Well after pulling out the tape measure to ensure ourselves it was 36 feet = 12 yards, trying to explain to him that it was the correct yardage "I don't know yards, it's supposed to be 11.15 metres." This argument continued with the 18 yard box (16.5 metres), the goal (7 metres), the 6, and the origins of the measurement. I kid you not.

Where was I? Off on a tangent somewhere.

What I learned last night:
1. I was never a good coach. However, I did win the Senior co-co of the year for BC soccer in 2006.;)
2. Ex-professionals internal visual distance calculations and guestiments are far superior to us non-pros.
3. We can score goals.
4. Since we'll be up 6 buzz a lot of times this year, Sapp will have to practice a strategy of not killing each other for the utter confusion and frustrations this creates.
5. The origins of field measurements & the "Goat Horns" (see avatar)
6. Darren Babey is Sapp's choice for companionship;););):rolleyes::confused:

Great stuff WAB! Fun post to read.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the game at queens park was a complete joke.
i don't know if bc soccer has decided to import some of fifa's most retarded men in the middle but 'the professional' takes the cake.
he can barely communicate in english, he obviously doesn't know what 'yards' is, he clearly thinks that if one team recieves a red card so should the other.

whataboutbob - the referee is apparently a former professional player from MACEDONIA. i think that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0