Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't help those trying to get fit for the first time this year.

Like Brian Donald for instance.

Just sayin'

:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't help those trying to get fit for the first time this year.

Like Brian Donald for instance.

Just sayin'

:D

I think we are reaching the heights we once had at SU by signing players with two first names such as Gary Donald, and Brian Donald. Throw their middle name in there and we have players with three first names. Reminds me of the days we had John Connor and Billy Connor, also brothers and players with two/three first names. They aren't even First Nations but they all hail from Scotland. Probably some association when the continents were tied together before the ice age and a few Scots made the trek over on foot.

I know that Brian likes to walk for extended periods of time at the moment. :p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 3 games this coming weekend as Columbus (1st place on 42 points after 18 games), Wickham (7th place on 22 points after 18 games), and Richmond (13 points after 18 games) are done.

Surrey United (5th place on 22 points after 15 games) is idle this weekend.

Upcoming:

Friday eve...

West Van (2nd place on 38 points after 16 games) visits Sapperton (3rd place on 31 points after 15 games).

Westside (4th place on 29 points after 14 games) visits PCOV (6th place on 22 points after 16 games).

Sunday...

Romanian (9th place on 8 points after 17 games) visits KLM Alemania (10th place on 7 points after 17 games).

Thoughts/predictions?

Sir M

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday...

Romanian (9th place on 8 points after 17 games) visits KLM Alemania (10th place on 7 points after 17 games).

Sir M

How many teams go down? The answer could be the difference between a MOTW or a mean nothing game between relegated teams?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a mean nothing game as both are going down... there are 2 games I think in Div 1 that are worthy of mention...

Westside Knights need to win and hope for a Metro Ford loss to gain promotion.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a mean nothing game as both are going down... there are 2 games I think in Div 1 that are worthy of mention...

Westside Knights need to win and hope for a Metro Ford loss to gain promotion.

So, we could potentially have 3 Westside teams in Premier next year?? We were having this debate after the Sapp game last week and a few guys were saying that there is the "Azzi rule" which says that you can only have one team in premier per club?

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another classic muckfest.

queens park was open

• late challenges
  • GREAT finishes
  • a shite load of bitching and moaning on both sides
  • did i mention great finishes

sapperton finally gets the win against their westvan rivals,4-2.

great game:)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justin Rettig was an absolute beast tonight. WestVan didn't know what hit them....over and over and over.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
POrtuguese Club 2 Westside 2

Good close match at Burnaby lake tonight. Westside is a very good team that executes the 4-5-1 very well. The 3 guys in the middle of the park have great vision, MOTM was the westside goalie, i thought he played very well. It seems like every week the goalie we play against stands on his head.. :mad:

Next to Cloverdale to play Surrey in a few weeks which will pretty much determine 5th and 6th place in the VMSL unless surrey wins there games in hand that is..

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
another classic muckfest.

queens park was open

• late challenges
  • GREAT finishes
  • a shite load of bitching and moaning on both sides
  • did i mention great finishes

sapperton finally gets the win against their westvan rivals,4-2.

great game:)

Sir M, would love to hear your version of the way the game was played out tonight. Whataboutbob and junglee sometimes like like to exaggerate things alittle too much :)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob can you verify tonight that the MOST SPORTMANLIKE PLAYER every to play in the VMSL MASTERS got a red card tonight.. (FAVS)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Columbus, they earned it. overall. Now they get the coveted honour of having to pay the $30 to have the trophy engraved!

Fanta, West Van had Sapp pinned in their half for most of the first 30 or so, with their goaltender making several quality saves. Two giveaways in the middle of the park by WV led to two breaks which were both well taken. I think we got one or even two late in the 1st half to tie it, and the shots were about 12-2 for WV. at that point. About 60 mins in there was a bit of a push fest between some of the players, and a WV back and the player you refer to got sent off. About 70 mins in the ref gave Sapp a PK which they converted, and then late there was a flukey triple deflection that looped way up in the air over top of the keeper. WAB is right about Sapp, they finished on all 4 of their chances while WV converted about 1 in 8. QP was chopped up, and that was in the home teams favour IMO. One of those games...Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 4 - WestVan 2

Paul Favs with the red card at the 30 min mark. 1st red in over 25 years. I got in the face of the Westvan (I didn't see who got the red for Westvan) player who pushed Justin to the ground. Favs just doesn't put up with that sort of stuff happening to his players. After Kevin Uppal gave him the red. Favs was yelling that he was a teacher and he knows right from wrong.

Ryan McNabb got the 1st 2 (10th & 20th) from 2 great goal-scorer strikes. West Van with 2 back (21st & 31st) with beautiful goals by Besty (header) and Danny (1-timer form 16 out). Karm with the PK (60th) after Ryan was taken down. Sy with the deflected header (70th) from a Jungee long throw.

QP was a mess but it made for a great old-fashion game of hard slide tackles and sloppy play at times.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recall campaign excuses.:rolleyes:

WestVan was far superior, but I thank them for letting the baby Sapperton have their bottle.

Sapp was missing 8 guys including Ted Ullrich, WAB, and the league leading goal scorer and perhaps best player in the league Alex, as well as the 3rd league leading goal scorer Geoff Johnston. All starters but the make shift lineup still managed to put 4 past them.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for a grass field giving us an advantage, I would agree. Grass allows players' skill to excel and that is exactly what happened. The concrete turf out at Ambleside has the ball bouncing so high in the air that the time it takes for the ball to come down allows WestVan time to close down teams. Turf is the equalizer, not grass. Besides, the grass slowed down our wingers which still had their way down the wings.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was there. We tied it at 2, I can't remember when exactly, and certainly wasn't taking notes as to what minute everything occurred. I was distracted by all of the whining truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0