Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2 Columbus 2. West Van missed 2 Pks, good effort by finally an 11 person WV squad.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the eleven players doesn't catch up to you Sir M. Something tells me you'll get more bodies out as the season wears on. But two missed PK's, ouch!
Preview to the finals maybe? Although Standing Bear may disagree....

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 5-2 22nd Lions. This was a pretty ugly win for us as the play was sloppy for both teams. Lions scored in the first 5 min to make it 1-0. We tied things up shortly after. It was 2-2 until the last 15 where we notched 3 goals passed the Lions keeper. We'll take the 3 points and move on to next week.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the eleven players doesn't catch up to you Sir M. Something tells me you'll get more bodies out as the season wears on. But two missed PK's, ouch!
Preview to the finals maybe? Although Standing Bear may disagree....

Yes. I would. But I mostly just get on with it on the park instead of talking. Carry on.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's games:

Friday:

PCOV at Metro Ford...PCOV in a one goal game
Sapperton at 22 Ave...Sapp in a high scoring one...4-2ish
Richmond at Columbus...Columbus by a couple or three

Sunday

Wickham at Surrey United...SU
West Van at Westside...depends on both team's numbers...

Thoughts?

Sir M

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions,

PCOV / MF = tie ( injuries taking a toll on PCOV)
Sapp / 22 ave = Sapp
Richmond / Columbus = Columbus (sorry Duece)
Wickham / Surrey Utd = SU
WV / Westside = tie

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF 1 - PCOV 1

MF scored in the first few minutes and then held on for dear life until the ref called a PK on the edge of the box in the 8th minute of extra time. It was almost as if he was waiting for PCOV to pot one and then finally found the opportunity to give the PK. Not surprisingly PCOV scores, we kick off and before the ball makes a full rotation, the ref ends the game. Don't get me wrong a tie was a steal for MF but to end it like that is out of order. Did I mention that it was Mastro that was awarded the PK? He went down like a fallen tree from a knick on the ankle, this from a player who you'd be lucky to knock down with a two foot tackle. Shocking call. MF content with the point.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1-1 MF. MF went up 1-0 in the first few minutes of the game. Pretty even game with MF probably having the better scoring chances on the night. Pcov pressed hard majority of the 2nd half and got chances but couldn't finish unitl the ref "Ruben" gave us a PK with 30 seconds to go. Lappa scored to tie it and the final whistle blew 15 seconds later. I thought we could have got the 3 points in this game but a tie will do.

Also heard Sapp won 2-1 over 22 ave and Columbus beat Richmond 3-1.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well tonight was a crazy whirl wind for me personally. After seeing 3 games tonight ithought the best one was Columbus vs Richmo"nd. In a game where everyone knew what the final result would be, RU showed some life being short benched.pcov grasped a point on a dodgy pk call from a hard working MF team. To be honest I hope PCOV learns that this is what happens when you don't finish your chances. As for Sapperton on giove credit to WAB as they found away to win a game that should have been a tie at best for them. The Lions were unlucky not to get a point!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won 4-1 today.

Started with 10, went down a goal until about 15 minutes in when another player showed up.

1-0 at the half but we really should have been level.

4 unanswered goals in the second half, deservedly so... though 2 of them came in the last 5 minutes.

Anyone know what happened to all the players Wickham had in past years? I didn't recognize a single guy out there for them.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site shows Wickham with the 4-1 win I see :rolleyes:

Shows Westside over West Van 4-1 as well... don't know how reliable that is though.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right Regs on the WS vs WV score. We started with 11, went down to 10 after 3 minutes, then gave up a couple goals in the next 10 or 15 (Dancin Bear having his way running through the middle of the WV midfield who this day unfortunately were not fit to run with him) down to 9 after 60 minutes, 8 after 70, but we came back to have 9 on the park for the last 15 when we nicked one back. Thats three weeks now in a row with 11 or less. Things should finally start getting back to normal next week as those hurt during the W/Cdns are due to start coming back, and some of the half dozen vacationers return.

Westside deserved the win this day, and used their bench well.

FYI I heard the 4 or so top players from Wickham up and transferred to a NSCL team.

fireball17

Jul 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
After what I saw today at Livingston....WS is the new class of the league. My early favourite to win BC's and Nat'ls this year. They easily picked apart WV...an absolute piss-take. Put in an early order for rings.

kaededaiku

Oct 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought i saw Dancin Bear playing right back at nations cup finals??..odd place for him..as i guess his natural position is in the middle of the park...at least someone knows how and where to put talent...and showed on Sun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0