Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March/April and now May and maybe June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March 2007

There was a brief Anti-Fan sighting during the pre-game warmup -- the persistent shouting of "All Day Long" cancelled our planned ice level intro. I think Kelly was a bit afraid -- how did AF get all those high test cans past security anyway?

Was the Skank screeching "Hi-Def Line" over and over slightly annoying too, or what. Some people shouldn't go out on their bikes in the rain.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

dickens_cider said:
Yes, ColemanJ.... Not the best time of year to have 6 guys out of your lineup.

The VMSL said they would accomodate us, so they scheduled us against Sapp and Columbus.

Anyway, the over 35s with VMSLers like Alan Easton, Dave Roselund, Granger, etc, plus a few FVSL Masters and Eamonn Ward from the NSCL won the gold yesterday by thumping California.

The BC open team with VMSL Masters types like Dorazio, Besty, Ciaccia, Marleau, plus a sprinkling of FVSL, VMSL and Richmond Prem and Div 1 guys defeated South Wales 2-1 in the semi and play Sevilla in the gold medal game this aft at a stadium called Hindmarsh, seats some 45,000 people, huge grass pitch dead flat, home of Adelaide United. Our side is hurting though, lost Villars 1st game with a knee and Lavi (Sikh) played yesterday with a very sore hammy.

PS Someone else told me they would do the rankings last week...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ScottyShell,

Tell your guys that we are on the new turf at 12:00 noon on Sunday.

You aren't the only ones who are short-staffed buddy.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not sure if anyone has heard this yet, but I just received an email regarding the Canada-Scotland game on Saturday. Venue has been changed to.....Town Centre believe it or not. Not only do we have field issues for our league but even for these guys as well. I have never seen such ridiculous conditions for all of us since I started playing Masters soccer.

Only in Vancouver, eh??

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck with the Canada game tomorrow. MF and Cliff Ave. at Town Center Turf was cancelled tonight. Flippers and snorkel a must, ref cancelled after a close inspetion revealed that the Cliff keeper could not keep his head above water.....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

WPFG Gold Medal game result:

British Columbia 2

Seville 1

In injury time of the second OT period on a PK, Ciaccia converting.

We were down 1 and Besty tied it on a header at the 60 minute mark.

Besty can post about the level of sportsmanship of the Spanish side, but he is recovering from being spit upon, pinched and bitten at the moment. Oh yes by the way, they attacked the fans in the stands, hit the referree in the head with a water bottle, and trashed their change room after the game. When we tried to shake hands, their coach ran around forbidding their players from shaking hands and physically dragged them into the change rooms. At the medal ceremony, they referred to the Champions (BC) as (in Spanish as if Sir M cannot understand that romance language he did date Nancy Lopez you know...until...) as shite, the c-word, and 2nd rate. And we were not dirty at all, but may have cost them a couple of head bands in tackles is all. They had beautiful green Kappa skintight kit as well.

2 Golds for Canada in these games in soccer. 2 silvers for the Spansih.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp / RUFC Postponed
New West pitches are closed until apr 14th ??????????????
We got to get these games in
I hardly ever see anybody on Richmond Sen Sec Turf(minoru for that matter ....? unsure on Hugh Boyd)
Serious .. set up a game 9 pm k/o Sunday monday Friday
Tuesday out -Training
Wednesday is out "LOST" is on
Thursday is out .....it;s just out ok get of my back

Congrats to Sir M and Squad /'s it was like you were in the future ....wait a second Australia ia a day ahead ....tell me this
do the toilets spin the other way ?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Besty getting under the skin of an opposing team?

:D

Congrats SirM and the rest of the BC contingent!

---

Turf games being postponed doesn't look good... let's just cancel the cup and designate 'matches' at some watering hole during the 'Nucks run in the playoffs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:

British Columbia 2

Seville 1

Besty can post about the level of sportsmanship of the Spanish side, but he is recovering from being spit upon, pinched and bitten at the moment. Oh yes by the way, they attacked the fans in the stands, hit the referree in the head with a water bottle, and trashed their change room after the game. When we tried to shake hands, their coach ran around forbidding their players from shaking hands and physically dragged them into the change rooms. At the medal ceremony, they referred to the Champions (BC) as (in Spanish as if Sir M cannot understand that romance language he did date Nancy Lopez you know...until...) as shite, the c-word, and 2nd rate. And we were not dirty at all, but may have cost them a couple of head bands in tackles is all. They had beautiful green Kappa skintight kit as well.

Great job! I can only imagine the thoughts of the Spanish side. I mean we are ranked 103rd in the world.

For those that don't know about these games, the teams from abroad are comprised of ex-professionals who have been offered jobs as policemen and firefighters as long as they play football for their departments or state police.

This is no small accomplishment by our BC boys and illustrates the high level we play, especially at the MASTERS.:D

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:

British Columbia 2

Seville 1

This sounds like a case of police brutality.. and these guys carry guns? I smell an internal investigation coming on here... I new Firemen and Policeman didn't get along. This probably all started by something as simple as, some innocent canadian player throwing a mouth guard :D Or Sirm did you refer to there quick outside back as the Green Lantern? Possibly one of the Spanish players misunderstoof you when you yelled "TORO" I hope in all this mess a certain Canadian player did not get his hair messed up or knocked out of place.

SirM, "he is recovering from being spit upon, pinched and bitten at the moment."

Okay enough about the Australian Fetttish Party he went to. Honesty you can get that after a good night at the Olympic Hotel.

Here is a picture of Besty after the Final whistle :knvb:

I think what we have learned here today is:
-Canada should be ranked Higher than 103 possibly higher than spain.
-Spanish Policeman are not very nice
-Spanish Polishman are into TLC TV show's such as Changeroom Improvement ( There version of homes on Homes or trading spaces)and re-decorating.

Congrats !!!

SirM... I have found your VAN!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shouldn't take much imagination for a Spanish team to think that a game featuring Firefighters and Policemen might be a wee bit physical, you would think...

A second World Title in a row for BC Masters, we have to be ranked #1 in the World now. I Know when we knocked the home town Brits out of the World Cup last year in the semi's they were a bit wild, to say the least -- Canada, who are these guys? The Turks seemed to take losing the final quite calmly, but my Turkish is not too good... and come to think of it, they did burn our jerseys after we swapped.

Congratulations all round. Hope you did some good "WOS" scouting for the 2009 Sydney World Masters.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

ColemanJ Any Idea if the Scotland vs Canada game is still on at town center? I see the game last night was cancelled?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did the West Van vs. Columbus game play this morning in Coquitlam? I am about to head out for the Canada-Scotland game. If the field is unplayable, I will spare the long trip

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy, I was at the Scotland vs Canada Game as well this afternoon. Not a bad game 3-1 victory for canada. Thought scotland had more pocession but the two goalies were to thank on 2 of the goals, shocking. Canada's Goalie returned the favour though on a botched save attempt from a free kick.

Westvan Vs Columbus will be played tomorrow morning 9:00 Am.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes - I was at it too. I was surprised to see Canada step it up as it was all Scotland until Canada scored, then again. Definitely, the last goal for Canada and Scotland's goal were pretty soft. Pretty good game to watch.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmm...it's been a few hours since the end of the game..and no one has posted?? Okay....VFF 2-1 over Surrey...sorry everyone...we're still in the BC's...great game,hard fought...they scored 1st half...we replied twice in the 2nd...ok..so..who's next...West Van or Columbus?

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Scotty, licking the wounds and all that :D

I'll agree that it was a hard fought game though I think it was apparent, especially in the second half, that you guys wanted it more. Normally this would be understandable under the circumstances but we really wanted to get a win for once versus your mob... wasn't to be obviously :(

That being said, hat off to the VFF vets, that's why you guys dominated in the open back in the 80's I think.

See ya first round of the BCs :rolleyes:

:D

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0