Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 VMSL needs changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
U 21 is not working as is. Board must split the teams in to two groups. One group is to be premier U21. Second group is to be Development U21. That way kids from gold level can move up the scale.
Far tomany kids and teams fold due to lop side scores.

Dive three should be one group of 16 teams. Dive four should also be added also 16 teams . Dive two should also be one group sixteen teams. The same for div one. Forget that cat system.

Premier is good as is now.
What is your opinion on this? Uk amd rest of the Europe make it simple. One up one down or two up two down.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
U 21 is not working as is. Board must split the teams in to two groups. One group is to be premier U21. Second group is to be Development U21. That way kids from gold level can move up the scale.
Far tomany kids and teams fold due to lop side scores.

Dive three should be one group of 16 teams. Dive four should also be added also 16 teams . Dive two should also be one group sixteen teams. The same for div one. Forget that cat system.

Premier is good as is now.
What is your opinion on this? Uk amd rest of the Europe make it simple. One up one down or two up two down.

While your at it, can you get the Croatian to English dictionary translator changed?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb Fraser Valley soccer is slowley getting better. It's only due to VMSL's ability to take better clubs and move them to VMSL that Fraser Valley is bit behind.
I my opinion both leagues need to get together for U21 program. That way we could have A and B group for U21.
No kids from VMSL or Fraser Valley are making it to NASL or higher.
That alone should prop some changes. We have tonns of kids playing, better stracure would result in selling few players. Caps B side should be in the same League. That way they could get a player or two along the way.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The U-21 division need a big shake up.............i am on board with your merge 2 league into one u21 level.
FVSL needs to get president and club president to pick he can't pick to be both to much match fixing going on,smells fishy too

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The U-21 division need a big shake up.............i am on board with your merge 2 league into one u21 level.
FVSL needs to get president and club president to pick he can't pick to be both to much match fixing going on,smells fishy too

What good u21 players actually play u21.
All the best players are playing college or university. And if not. They are playing men's league premier or div1.
North Delta prem team has many guys that could play u21.
But don't they develop more playing the Mens game?

U21 is for boys. The best young players play up. So really? Why play or promote u21 if it's a b league of that age group?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What good u21 players actually play u21.
All the best players are playing college or university. And if not. They are playing men's league premier or div1.
North Delta prem team has many guys that could play u21.
But don't they develop more playing the Mens game?

U21 is for boys. The best young players play up. So really? Why play or promote u21 if it's a b league of that age group?
Not true, our team had several excellent players last year ( Colin Soo and Nolan Moore), West Van and Langley had some as did MetroFord U21). The VMSL U21 teams and Premier teams can be linked, our Premier team brought up deserving U21's for Premier games, and every game they sent down 2 Premier team players who needed playing time. This arragement kept our U21's motivated to improve.
Our U21's trained to gether with the Premiers once a week, which really helped our U21 players develop more than if they played Div 1, 2 or 3. But they still need to learn to drink, not much drinking after games with the U21's. They are still young and committed to improving as players. They did not want to play beer league soccer.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know if this is a typo on the excellent site but if the following is true - the U-21 division is messed up:
Rovers CCB beat NV Average Joes 11-0 last week. This week Rovers CCB lost 15-1 to Surrey United.
There are so many things wrong from several angles with the aforementioned.
Look for Surrey United to beat NV Averages Joes 26-1....

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
^outstanding stuff.

I put it out there on twitter to see if anyone has any insight on these results. Not that I will get answers necessarily.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know if this is a typo on the excellent site but if the following is true - the U-21 division is messed up:
Rovers CCB beat NV Average Joes 11-0 last week. This week Rovers CCB lost 15-1 to Surrey United.
There are so many things wrong from several angles with the aforementioned.
Look for Surrey United to beat NV Averages Joes 26-1....

And, the Chilean squad, having not played yet is currently in 6th place, with no points, but a better GF/GA difference than the trailing 3 teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, the Chilean squad, having not played yet is currently in 6th place, with no points, but a better GF/GA difference than the trailing 3 teams.

Expect them to occupy 4th spot tomorrow after tonight's tilt with the Joes.

Also, CMF will be a top 4 team by the end of the season. They just got unlucky facing WV week 1, and had a bye in week 2.

I think WV, SU, Guildford, CMF, and Rino's will contend.

Jury is out on EDC who haven't played a game yet.

It's going to be a long season for NV Average Joes, Rovers, and TSS.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abandon Under 21 leagues.......[/QUO

u21 is also a call up team to div1 and u21 provincial cup is very tough to win
Many players that played u21 over the past seasons are now on div 1 & prem teams
There is no point in taking 18 or 19 year year olds on a prem or div 1 team and have them sit on the bench
Our u21 coach is developing these players .
If we put our team in cat the pace is way to slow
So unless you can change the structure of the league there will be lots of good players in u21
Best results would be top 4 Fraser valley join our top 6 u21 teams
Maybe you could broker this

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smartcoach now you have a good idea. It's about time for all of us to get together before every team in VMSl gets a Roman manager. Willy at work. I love Canada and Canaian soccer.
But I see no team with Canadian Uni on. Yet I see every other coutry unies.
Guys from Langley and Abby would not let that be. We need more Scottsman on that board. And one or two Englishman. Us other guys would have a chance to put a team in with out paying some kind of fine. Go figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0