Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 VMSL needs changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Mr.Base !
i think it is time to get a californian lawyer....just to be on the safe side here......or maybe the european union can send one over as the economy is not so good in europe now.........you think?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two thoughts:

1. No need for U/21 - they should be moving into adult leagues as there they will learn more and develop faster.
2. End the CAT system which Willy Azzi thought would create many Metro Ford type clubs but hasn't and won't. CAT has done more to send good players to other leagues including rec leagues!

You simply can't take half of your competitive teams and give them nothing to play (no cups, no shot at the Imperials, no relegation battles even) and think that is progress.

The days of a Div 2 entering the Imperial and going on a run like in the FA Cup and in the 1990s in the VMSL are done.

No u/21 would enable more competitive open divisions. What Willy Azzi wanted to end were all those Div 3 teams with older guys who were causing the VMSL trouble with brawls and fines when they couldn't play vs younger guys. But with the quality of the Masters Leagues now older players can move to still some decent soccer which was not as available back when CAT came in.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Reccos, it was always available, just not as part of the VMSL. There was this thing called the WCOTSL, before we brought 40+ masters' teams from it back to the VMSL in a merger...

The ironic thing is that the CSA has been trying to get more of the youth clubs to grow adult teams as part of their "charter club" idea. Most of the players who are graduating from youth footy aren't at the level of play that everybody who has current U21 teams wants them to be at; that's why the division is struggling. The majority of these guys are muckers-in-training, who still want to play but need something appropriate to their level. Setting up a 4th division for teams like this would be way more appropriate for graduating gold and silver level players, and would probably do more to entice the youth clubs to build this kind of structure. I'm also sure that they'd pay extra for ARs to help keep the hackers in check, and you'd be able to grow the league better because they'd have some incentive to play for.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crno Gora I have been a long long time. I do know the VMS and what goes on. VMSL is one of two best leagues in BC. PCSL by far the best,VMSL second and Fraser Valley third. Willy started the Cat system. In my opinion biggest bust on his behalf. He tryed to do a positive thing for VMSl. It did not work out. Due to field time given to over forty clubs young clubs can not get in to VMS. VMSL can not expand as fast. I alway said 16 teams in each Div. Two up two down is the way to improve soccer here. For what ever reason they can't do it is more of a negative development than we think. U21 is OK but it must have two groups. A group for HLP kids. B group for Gold ans silver players. With out that you will see scores 12 zip and on. Rubin is more of a man that likes to build a better league. Willy is more like if it's not broke let it be.
Youth is all over the place with so many leagues. Kids are confused and most quit the game due to all the jurking around.
It will take time but with Rubin in charge I see little tings getting better. Reffing is getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0