Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Pre-season happenings & exhibitions

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume most teams are gearing up for the 05/06' season by now or at the very least getting close. I heard the other day that the Idiots have been going since the day after the Nations. Sucks to be them and this time it's soccer related.

I wonder if the trollups started in May again with all the new Peg pick ups? :rolleyes: Surrey start a week tonight. Our first friendly is slated for the 13 vs a team to be named later and our second is on the 20th vs Inter. Anyone else started or playing yet? Croatia must be going by now too. After what they showed in the Nations cup they better pick up the pace they look mince that's what Bronco tells me.

What's going on in the rest of VMSL... I need my soccer fix.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread is for VMSL banter.

Do not post here if it doesn't belong.

It's not a hard concept, really.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp Stuff

Aug 16 - team TBA
Aug 21 - Tri-Team Invitational (Olympics & TBA)
Aug 26 - vs SU
Aug 29 - vs Inter
Labour - BBy Tourney

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tri-Team Invitational

Things went pretty good last night at QP. Sapp played Vcr Oympics for 50 min. Olympics then played Rich United for 50. (RUFC got burned on a really bad offside call right at the end of their game.) And Sapp and RUFC finished things off.

The field was absolutely awesome. The best pitch around right now. The soccer was not, but there were moments. It looked like the first game for all teams involved.

All in all a good night.

Sapp 3 - Oly 1
Oly 1 - RUFC 0
Sapp 3 - RUFC 1

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ATTENTION ALL MEDIA OUTLETS

For the 2nd year in a row and 6th in 8 years the Calgary Caledonian FC have won the Alberta Major Socer League (AMSL). The 10-0 victory over Edmonton Victoria on Sunday clinced the title with one game to go. Ex Mustang striker Conrad Smith led the way in this game with 5 goals. Close behind was Iain Sneddon with 4. Spencer Arnold, returning from serious injury, earned the shut out.
This years league has produced some excellent soccer, some of the best seen in AB in years. Soccer fans can come to see the Callies on Wed night (Aug 24th) when they complete the season with an 8.15 KO at Broadview against cross-town rivals Calgary Dinos. Dinos will be looking to try to clinch runner up spot so it should prove to be an exciting game.

Provincials will be held on Sept long weekend in Edmonton, with CSA Nationals taking place in Calgary in October, during the Thanksgiving week. This year AB gets to send 2 teams and the Callies are hoping to be one of them.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter vs Surrey ended in a 2-2 draw. We were looking for the 2-2 win but it wasn't in the cards, I guess. It was definitely the first games for both sides but regardless there were still a few spells of good play mixed in with a lot of fitness related mistakes. Surrey led 2 buzz for most of the contest until the last 10 or so when Crouch scored a nice goal off a free kick (I think it was a free kick, I dunno I was knackered and 1 degree from bursting into flames) that he flicked pass Sheppard. Their second was the last kick off the game which came from a PK.

We play Sapperton Friday, right WAB? AT QP and Norvan I think on Saturday.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs SU
Friday, Aug 26th
7:30 PM QP Stadium

Sapp vs Inter
Monday, Aug 29th
7:00 PM QP Stadium

SU vs NorVan
Sat, Aug 27th

Sept 5th
Bby Canadians visit Death
(will that be Polonia?)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 4 Langara 0

Sporting certainly plays some nice football. That's the first time I've seen them play and they might have been missing a couple of players but they definitely know how to mix up their style, which is great to watch...........J.B. even scored as a striker. :D Overall, a clean game and to be honest, I'm surprised Sporting had so many 0 - 0 games last year. They look like a team capable of scoring a few goals.......

Hail Hail

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey beat Sapperton 2-buzz last night. Whomever turned the ball over the least was going to win this one. ug-ly. Taking something away from every game is key I think and being a glass half full guy myself a big positive for both sides last night was that Queens Park is in awesome shape.

Missing - $10,000 reward

To the person or persons who have or can provide information leading to capture of my first touch. It was last see on a lawn chair by a Hotel 6 pool with my fitness.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Missing - $10,000 reward[/B]

To the person or persons who have or can provide information leading to the capture of my first touch. It was last seen on a lawn chair by a Hotel 6 pool with my fitness.

You forgot to date the last time it was seen. October 7, 1993 sound about right?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Surrey down Sapperton 2-buzz last night. Whomever turned the ball over the least was going to win this one. ug-ly. Taking something away from every game is key I think and being a glass half full guy myself a big positive for both sides last night was that Queens Park is in awesome shape.

Missing - $10,000 reward

To the person or persons who have or can provide information leading to capture of my first touch. It was last see on a lawn chair by a Hotel 6 pool with my fitness.

Eh, when did you attain it before it was captured? :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Captain I got my 'missing cell' add crossed up with my 'wanted skill' add. I'd take anything right now, even your right peg. You could list it in the Pre 84' - hardly used section and I'd still pay a good price, even if I had to wear a set of Chuck Tailors and a pair of bean squeezers to make it work.

Norvan 3 - Surrey 2

We gifted them 3 goals in the first 15 minutes. They were up 1-0 and to that point I think they had touched the ball once. Square balls in the 6 tend to have that effect. Another shite turn-over in the 18 and it was 2 and a 3rd made it it 3.

We managed to crawl back in it somewhat with a late first half goal and an early second half effort, but too little too late. Is it proper etiquette with 10 left to dribble it into the corner and stand on the ball during an exhibition game?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is playing for Norvan that is new.

In other words, any of the Old Peg Boys?

Please do tell!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I don't think you will find a single Peg guy at Norvan.
Regs is correct. No Peg boys.

Norvan are young and very hardworking. The only thing SU has to worry about in regards to yesterday's game is a lack of mental discipline and fitness with a few guys. They were missing some key players. They literally gave the goals away. On the other end, some routine finishes into the net didn't materialize on SU's behalf, and that will sort itself out. SU clearly enjoyed the vast majority of play, but it wasn't always pretty.

Some guys were obviously complacent to start and good on Norvan to exploit that. Just what SU needs! That is what preseason is for.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0