Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Pre-Game Trash, and Elbows Thrown Thread - Nov. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I am the newest Moderator, I guess I should do something around here.
I put together a list of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the month of October.

The Good List consists of teams that were able to produce at least 3 wins.

ICSF Inter; 3-1-1. The young wops have been very good to start the year, so they sit tied for first on Side A with 13 points.

Khalsa SC; 3-1-0. Got back to the Mighty ways with some big wins, to place them at 12 points, right in the mix of the 4 horse race for first.

Vancouver Fireman; 3-0-1. The only team not to get beat, YET. But with 4 draws, and 13 points, it is still very tight at the Top of Side B.

Sporting Club; 3-2-0. They did get 3 wins, but they also had 2 loses, that keeps them right with the pack at 12 points.

The Bad List could also be called Average, as a few of the teams have records that are above .500.

Burnaby CapItals; 2-1-2. They have only been beaten once, but with 4 ties on the year, they sit even with 2 others with 13 points.

Trollers; 2-2-1. The newly merged team started the year very strong, but with some recent loses they are back down to reality.

Columbus/Clan; 2-2-0. Another newly merged team with good young kids that can put the ball in the net, but do they give Zenga any support to keep it out? At 10 points that are mid pack.

MetroFord Wolves; 2-2-0. They started very slow, but a coaching change has seemed to turn them around a bit. Can they keep it up to stay ahead of Peg and out of the relegation zone?

The Ugly List consists of teams that could only pull off 1 win for the month of October, and subsequently are dropping in the standings.

AFC Leopards; 1-3-0. Started the season with 4 straight wins, but are now on a 3 game lossing skid. Can a coaching change last week turn the team around in November? Not if they keep taking cards and missing games.

Croatia SC; 1-3-0. They had a terrible start to the season, and have just got thier first win of the season, at the end of October. With the way Westside is playing, can they still save this season?

Sapperton Rovers; 1-3-0. The month of October was not very good for WAB's boys, but they did end the month with a big win over Inter, to keep them close with the top teams.

Surrey United; 1-1-1. They had trouble just getting a game, much like last year, and when they did they were average at best. Interesting to see how they do in November, if they get to play.

North Shore or Surrey? Pegasus; 1-2-1. They did head to the East Coast and came up with a perfect record to win the National Championship. But on the West Coast they have been anything but perfect. Just one win to go with the many retirements means it may be a tough go for the Flying Horses this year.

Westside Rino; 1-3-1. This team had one of the worst months in a long time. If they don't turn things around, one of the most successful teams of the 90's could end up in Div. 1.

TheHOSReport

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice report HOS!

Food for thought: Last year's 2 provincial cup finalists very well could be relegated this year! I don't think it will happen but can anyone else remember such a drastic turnaround?

I remember the year we finished 2nd at the Canadians, we didn't even make the BCs but this would take the cake :D

What were the breakdowns for September? Would be a cool 'feature' to do month-by-month records...

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to see it laid out like that HoS. Speaking of laying someone out in the Elbow’s thrown thread, I hear your US Pro 40 side has forfeited your home game this week and elected to play at Cloverhoof turf on Friday night. Unfortunate that is the exact night all but our change room will be closed for repairs. There is a portable toilet across the street on one of the construction sites you guys can use. You’ll have to go in one at a time mind you, but once you get over the fence and dodge the dogs you should be good to go, provided of course the smell of 40 construction worker previous night dinners doesn’t bother you.

I know you don't have a home park but do you guys at least have uniforms? Or should I bring out our training bibs?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I hear your US Pro 40 side has forfeited your home game this week and elected to play at Cloverhoof turf on Friday night.
I know you don't have a home park but do you guys at least have uniforms? Or should I bring out our training bibs?

Yes, we do not have Mercier for one more week, don't worry about Change Rooms, there are none in New West, and we still can get the results, ask Smallsy.

Don't get the US Pro 40 comment, are you saying we have lots of young kids signed?

Not sure if we have uniforms or not for Friday Night, but I have a new Green Garbage Bag for Friday Night, it is Tre-men-dous.

See you Friday BigMan, thats if they let you off the bench with those pointy elbows you got.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that not the name of the A-League team that only played on the road last year or the year before?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Not sure if we have uniforms or not for Friday Night, but I have a new Green Garbage Bag for Friday Night, it is Tre-men-dous.
hos

HOS, Don't you think an orange bag will be more effective if you're playing in goal. Distract the shooters, big target et al.

Army

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
was kind of hoping zaurrini would start a "what's wrong with westside thread" again. seemed to work for us last year. :rolleyes:

one of the most successful teams of the 90's could end up in Div. 1.

not sure this is entirely accurate hos. westside has won the imperial cup in 2000,2002 and 2003. league champions in 2000/2001 and 2002/2003. provincial finalist 2001 and 2003. i would suggest we're one of the most successful teams of the 90's and post 90's (new milenium if you prefer).
the remainder of your westside analysis is spot on, div.1 is a distinct possibility if we continue playing at the level we have been.
i'm confident we'll get our act together with the return of some key ubc players.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem is Smalls that everybody is getting players back from various colleges and universities.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bronco, no denying that. i think the quality of play will pick up across the board. guess we'll see just how much of a difference it makes for each squad.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the goal posts of the league are in danger of getting the odd head butt from time to time. I hear that Penner is tending goal for the CapItals, now that Jonsey is on the injured reserve list. Too Funny, but the guy can still play.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All world Dan is back??? Didn't he run away with Gill when all the league funds went missing?? Ahhh the good old days!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see this tomorrow!! :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dan was Back, but now he is Red Carded, so the CapItals have gone out and signed All-Star Mucker Keeper, Shoey, but is he out this weekend to start in goal, or to take Millars place in the back. If not shoey, then who, Mollica or Notty. Hey D, when was the last time you started a match in the pipes, I have a pair of XXL gloves you can use for the match.

Love playing the old team at home.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this weekend if all the games get played:

Nov. 20/21
Khalsa v Croatia Mercer Stadium Fri/8.00pm
Khalsa

Sapperton v Trollers Adanac Park West Sat/2.00pm
Tie

Firefighters v AFC South Memorial NE Sat/2.00pm
Firemen

Inter v Capitals Adanac Park West Sun/2.00pm
Capitals - Easily MOTW

Westside v Sporting Club Hillcrest Park Centre Sun/2.00pm
Tie

Peg v Metro-Ford Kinsman Stadium Sun/2.00pm
Peg

Columbus-Clan v Slurrey Hastings Bowl South Sun/2.00pm
Tie

Truthfully, I think only the Friday nighter will get played.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how many will get played this weekend, to bad none of the Vancouver based teams couldn't find a Turf pitch to play on, when all the grass fields get closed.

As for the Croatia vs. Khalsa match, huge game for both clubs, Croatia have been playing desperate for a few weeks now, and have in fact got some results. The opposite for Khalsa, we have had two bad matches, and we were in a situation at first place, now we are just trying to stop the slide into relegation zone. Should be some extra emotion tonight, it is Tommy Babics first game vs. the Old Club, I am sure he will have to keep his head up or a Big Bronco might run him over.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0