Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear the VMSL got lots of money into the pocket in the Peg/Chile game......2 reds and 9 yellow cards. Well in to the ref. I wonder if anyone can guess who it is? :rolleyes:

It really is becoming 'laughable' at times.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
15 minutes in , "that" ref ran 50 yards accross the park and told 2 of us to leave the field area. Very amusing in all honesty. I left at half and if memory serves me correct only 2 yellows had been given both to peg. Guess I missed a cracker second have by cue ball

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score doesn't matter as the game is often just a side show for the 'man in the middle'. The score was

6 yellow cards to 3 three yellow cards ($90)

1 red card to 1 red card ($60)

It's all about angles.......wait a minute.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond FC 1 West Van 2

Richmond were very unlucky to not get more from even a draw in this game. Brian Clough (RIP) would likely have been rolling in his grave with the amount of times the ball was in the air during the game, particularly the second half, but it was an entertaining game. I arrived just as RFC went up 1 - 0 on a back post header which caught all of the West Van defenders and keeper by surprise. West Van put a bit more pressure on during the second half and were rewarded with an equalizer after a quality cross and the WV striker just getting to the ball before the 16 year-old keeper for RFC. At this point, it looked like WV might start taking over but RFC hit them with several counter-attacks. RFC had a legitimate goal disallowed when it was 1 - 1. I'm sure the ref would like to have seen the replay. There was a ball knocked into the box from about 40 yards out and the West Van keeper came out flailing his arms like he was trying to navigate a Boeing 767 onto the pitch and COMPLETELY MISSED the ball. He then made contact with his OWN defender but somehow just before the ball was slotted into an empty goal, the whistle blew for a phantom foul. EVERYONE in the stands was baffled as the keeper CLEARLY missed the ball and no RFC player touched him. However, the keeper thought it would be tough thing to do and walk up to the closest RFC player and get in his face to make it look like he should never 'foul' him again. It was comical to see the reaction especially when it was such a glaring error by the West Van keeper, who looked like he might have been the backup. Either way, it was a mistake and RFC was unlucky to not be up 2 - 1. Then RFC had another great chance which was shot right at the keeper who looked like he was trying to get out of the way but fortunately it hit him. Despite there being no injuries and three subs made in the second half, for some reason there was 4 minutes of added time. During the 4th minute of added time, West Van scored on a corner kick which was finished very well. I am surprised RFC didn't deal with it better because EVERY corner kick WV took tried to go to EXACTLY the same spot. Anyway, it was very cold at Minoru and I"m sure both teams were happy to get into the warm changing rooms and discuss how one team got away with one and how the other team let one get away.

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason 4 minutes are added on is because when the ball goes out of play at Minoru it takes 30 seconds to retrieve it. Do the math. It doesn't help that Richmond only has one game ball.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, you are such an idiot. Can't believe you don't think A, that guy fouled me on that cross, and B, we shouldn't have gotten more goals today. Guess you think the ref must have had a bad game and let us win. I thought the reffing crew did a good job except we should have had a pk in the first. We needed those three points badly and didn't give up. Sets up a huge game for us against Columbus next week most likely for the league.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two-Nine, the bottom line is YOU know the truth. :) You clearly missed the ball and you were bailed out by a phantom call. However, I TOTALLY agree with you that you quite possibly should have had a penalty in the first half. The RFC player certainly got a lot of your player's leg. Hopefully, Jinky is okay. He seemed to have done something to his knee.

All kidding aside, good luck in your game next week but make sure you don't come out swatting at crosses and missing the ball...you might not get a break this time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0