Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3
Richmond 3

Richmond tied it late into extra time. Makes for some exciting fixtures in the final week of regular season. Rovers no longer need to worry about relegation. I guess there was no need after all to sign and fly in (and pay of course) players from Edmonton for their match against Columbus.

Im glad that you are so interested in our team Sandy, yes we did fly in Thomas and maybe we will fly in Danny Sankar as well and pay him like Indo used to.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note it was a good game between us and Columbus which was ruined by Miro who had a shocker in the middle. Both teams were sometimes really questioning his calls. Congrats to Columbus on winning the league.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ted, No need to be so defensive - never said there was anything wrong with flying in Thomas. You run your team as you see fit. Glad you are so well versed in our history. Congratulations to CCB on staying up in their first year. I believe Columbus also wraps up the league - Congratulations to Carmen and the group - arguably the most difficult of the three trophy's to win.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note it was a good game between us and Columbus which was ruined by Miro who had a shocker in the middle. Both teams were sometimes really questioning his calls. Congrats to Columbus on winning the league.

Miro was lost out there today. CCB played well and the striker they flew in on star #1's private jet was a handful for our back line. Rob Geizen with a nice goal to earn us the draw and the league title. Congrats to the boys and everyone involved with our club on a great year so far.

TA

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did and I still do not see a single reason why Chile would not eventually play VMSL.

I watched tonight Cup game Chile - Serbian White Eagles. At the end 2:0 for Chile (the 2nd goal in the last minute on a counter attack after all Serbians, including their goalie, were in Chile's penalty area trying to tie the game). Chile scored their first goal in 75th minute.

Chile had most of the possession, a couple of good shots from the distance that hit the goal post, and a few dangerous crosses. Chile was lucky that the ref did not show the red card to their player who went into Serbian goalie with the both feet. Anyway, Chile deservedly won the game but they did not have an easy job.

Serbians defended very well and had a few dangerous counter attacks. They are a very solid side and I am quite surprised they are doing poorly in Division 1.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw that CCBTU Rovers beat Richmond 2-1, if Norvan can beat Olympics, then we'll have a Premier relegation showdown between Richmond and Norvan to see who stays in Premier and who gets relegated to Division 1.

No offence to the Richmond guys, but as a fan, I'd like to see it played at a neutral site on grass, preferably CAP!!!

Make it happen Norvan!!!

Gilly

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A relegation showdown is always one of the most competitive matches of the year - look for the possibility of an equivalent battle(s) to occur for the final Provincial spot (7th Place). There is a chance for a three way tie for 7th place between: Rovers (no games left), Croatia (vs. Delta, Columbus), Metro Ford (vs. West Van).

There are many permutations but if Metro Ford beats West Van this week - Croatia must win both of their remaining games vs. the two Imperial Cup finalists.

Rovers to nail down the final spot would obviously want Metro Ford to lose their final game and Croatia to lose at least one of their two remaining games.

A three way tie is entirely possible. If that happens it is my understanding the tie breaker comes down to how the teams fared head to head in league competition: I think Metro Ford wins that tie breaker with a 2-1-1 record

A two way tie leads to a one game showdown permitting there is time to play that game - which seems to be case.

The aforementioned tie breakers are my understanding - I could very well be wrong - whatever the case may be - it'll be an interesting finish.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big match today Norvan vs Olympics 4PM @ Sunderland Turf

If Norvan can get the win, they will force a relegation playoff game vs Richmond - anything less and Olympics will pull Norvan down with them to Div 1 for next season.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For anyone wanting to brave this weather who wants to come from over town, come over the Ironworkers (2nd narrows) bridge, take the Lynn Valley Road turnoff at the top of the cut on your right. Turn left at the Lynn Valley road light, go south on Lynn Valley road, and turn left on 19th St. You will see Sutherland HS right away and the field is right behind it. Hopefully the rain stops.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Norvan boys stay alive for another week,could have been alot more but 2 _0 was final on to next week when it counts...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Croatia beats Delta this week in the final make-up game, would a playoff be forced for the final BC berth (between them and MF) or does some sort of head-to-head come into play? I'm thinking a playoff is mandated but you never know...

Norvan vs Richmond this sunday, time and place TBA.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Croatia beats Delta this week in the final make-up game, would a playoff be forced for the final BC berth (between them and MF) or does some sort of head-to-head come into play? I'm thinking a playoff is mandated but you never know...

Norvan vs Richmond this sunday, time and place TBA.

A playoff will be forced between Croatia and MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0