Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got my fix of local soccer today as I caught some of the new 2013-2014 V-MLS season startup.

If you thought Garret Bale to Real Madrid was a transfer deadline move, others within the V-MLS have also moved to new clubs. I believe the early winners are Vancouver United Tigers with the acquistions of Milad, Deep, and Erman, also Rizal continues his suitcase journey as he has joined Wesburn.

The best part of the day was the new V-MLS goal celebration...........all the way from College Station.

V-MLS celebration.jpg

All the best to all Premier teams, have a great season.

Gilly

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Langley in the 4pm game. Thought we were the better team today. We scored with probably 20 to go. Thought we would hold on but they pressed and were rewarded with about 4 to go on a scramble that fell on some guys foot about 8 yrds out and he slotted nicely. I think we threw away 2 points today but give credit to Langley. As in the past they never give up and fight till the end. On to Columbus next week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
29 with the first match report of the season, well done!

Who was the oldest on the pitch today?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
had to have been shorty. Still a machine and i dont know how he does it. Not sure who the keeper for westside was, but he's no shorty. Guaranteed

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if that says more about Shorty or more about the quality of strikers in the VMSL these days.

Considering Thriller is a year older and also in the league, I'm leaning towards the latter :D

Chalers Vandalay

Aug 27, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would everyone agree game of the week must be
CCB RT United vs Peg
Agreed. This is going to be a real interesting match. CCB RT United are obviously the favourites in this one as the amount players they have picked up. Peg was missing a lot of there starters on opening day, but still managed to tie 0-0. Lots of injuries, college guys out for another month & half, and just missing players. The first little while is always tough for many teams as they have a few key college guys missing. Seems like the Peg guys have got there NAP club house back as they were watching the game from top deck. Further CCB RT United just might be the team to win on money this year as the amount of money there throwing around is absolutely ridiculous. SU have also picked up lots of young talent from there u-18 hpl team, which is always great idea to get the young guys from your youth club the chance to play at this level. Should be interesting season overall.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Peg....looks like the same story as the start of last year.....no bodies and started with a 0 - 0 draw. :) Good luck, Sipho. I hope you have an enjoyable year, Buddy. Good bunch of guys.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to ask - and this is serious - why would you pay anyone to play for your team when the rewards are so financially minimal?

PeterP

Aug 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to ask - and this is serious - why would you pay anyone to play for your team when the rewards are so financially minimal?
Great question, this is obviously mis-use of club funds which is coming entirley from the youth. There paying a player 8 grand for the season and 2-3 grand is normal. CCB RT United just want to be the better team at the end of the day with hopes of winning some titles, the only way they might be able to this by attracting players by paying them, other wise who would want to play for them

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
and then ccb wonders why they dont have an hpl team ? wonder how all of the youth parents would feel if they knew where majority of their kids' fees are going...but then again if you go to ccb website they do have quite a long list of sponsors....

ilovesoccer

Sep 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little too obvious that PeterP, Thinku and Chalers Vandalay are from Peg and coming on here and bad mouthing CCB because they as everyone knows have a battle going on. Jimmy Jones, how come you are on talking in this thread??? dont you belong in the FVSL Div 4 thread? Stick to premier games and the teams. Doesnt matter who picked up who the team to beat is last year champs Surrey United and runners up West Van. They will be stronger this year with a few key additions and will make some noise once they have everyone back.

PeterP

Aug 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little too obvious that PeterP, Thinku and Chalers Vandalay are from Peg and coming on here and bad mouthing CCB because they as everyone knows have a battle going on. Jimmy Jones, how come you are on talking in this thread??? dont you belong in the FVSL Div 4 thread? Stick to premier games and the teams. Doesnt matter who picked up who the team to beat is last year champs Surrey United and runners up West Van. They will be stronger this year with a few key additions and will make some noise once they have everyone back.
hahahaah, I have made it obvious I am Peg supporter, No doubt about it. GO PEG GO !! I am not sure about which battle your talking about ? I have been a supporter of this team for the last fifteen year and will continue to be so. Your the one seem be hiding who you support by adding in the SU & West Van part. Make sure your CCB RT United don't go on twelve game losing streak this year buddy. And your taking about Jim Jones at least his team accomplished some titles unlike your shite team that pays to win but still finishes in the bottom pack.... comeback ?? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0