Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are confused. Khalsa are PCSL league champions. UBC are Challenge Cup champions.

That said, I do agree that PCSL should not have a spot in provincials.

I know for sure I am not the only one confused here. I always thought that Challenge Cup was a play-off for the league (4 best teams) and that the winner of that Cup would actually represent PCSL in provincials (although, again, PCSL should not get a spot at Provincials and Khalsa is a perfect example having players from various VMSL teams; which team those players are going to play for in Provincials?)

bevsbuzz11

Mar 27, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Westside versus Surrey United game.

Firstly, Hillcrest field is shambles and meant for U-12 Girls House and is a disgrace for the league. I would figure "Westside" would at least play on the Westside not some crummy grass pitch in East Van. That said, the pitch is perfect for that mucker/plumber type team which will grind away 1-0 games all year. In this instance, they were on the wrong side of a 1-0 score with Liam Miller scoring a cracker.

Westside will be a tough team to play against as they are organized much like Richmond was, but will need goals at some time or they will be back in division 1.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also got a caught the Westside/Surrey game on Sunday. Personally I didn't see too much wrong with the field, albeit I obviously wasn't playing on it, but it didn't seem to be affecting the quality of the play. Might have been a bit small and its proximity to the street is a bit of a hassle as several times the ball had to be chased, but honestly it was much better than I expected.

As for the game, I arrived just in time to see Westside clear a corner off the line and it was one way traffic for the next hour plus as Surrey was well in control. After Surrey scored though Westside pushed and had two great chances. The first was a goal called back for offside. But TBH I couldn't reason out how the linesman came to that conclusion. It was a rebound off the goalkeeper and the player who finished certainly appeared to be in an offside position, however the player with the ball had been ahead of him when he took the original shot. Very confusing and obviously only one look at it for everyone, but the Westsiders were fairly upset and quite possibly rightly so. The second Westside chance was highlight real as the attacker executed a wonderful bicycle kick from 15 yards or so out that was labelled for the top corner. It was a helluva save by the Surrey keeper.

Overall though Surrey was full value for the 3 pts, although Westside definitely came close to nicking one. They're 1-1-1 now after 3 games and I'm sure they would have taken that had you offered it to them preseason. I see Inter is also off the mark with a win this week. Coquitlam has now lost to the two newly promoted sides and tied the provincial champs, very tough to get a read on them atm...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tell you Croatia SC is going waste side as fast as their managment. O and 3 must be worst start in years. All summer players played for other clubs. But in a VMSL they sit on the bottom. In my opinion club hasto to call back few Croats that play with pride. Or dumbo will send them down to first div. Every year wating for few University kids just does nothing for community support. Good div two team has to be a feeder club. Boys call the meeting and sort it out. Not nice to see.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tell you Croatia SC is going waste side as fast as their managment. O and 3 must be worst start in years. All summer players played for other clubs. But in a VMSL they sit on the bottom. In my opinion club hasto to call back few Croats that play with pride. Or dumbo will send them down to first div. Every year wating for few University kids just does nothing for community support. Good div two team has to be a feeder club. Boys call the meeting and sort it out. Not nice to see.

Great post
this will add some flavour to this thread

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam has now lost to the two newly promoted sides and tied the provincial champs, very tough to get a read on them atm...

I watched Surrey - Metro Ford 1:1 on Sep.14, 2013 and noticed that Metro Ford has a very, very young team (and based on the fact that Metro Ford does not have U-21 this year I am assuming they moved all young players up completely bypassing U-21).

Only Valente was there as an experienced guy so I am wondering what happened to the other older guys. They deserved one point against Surrey, a little bit more luck and could have gotten all three, they are talented, and obviously in a need of a good forward who can put the ball into the net.
Two losses against two newly promoted teams could cost them at the end. If I remember Metro Ford in the past actually always had a good start and then disappeared at the end of the season; now, with 2 losses already, it will be interesting to see how they are going to avoid a relegation.

bevsbuzz11

Mar 27, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

1. Columbus
2. Langley
3. EDC
4. West Van
5. Surrey United
6. Peg
7. Westside
8. Norvan
9. CCB
10. Croatia
11. Metro Ford
12. Inter

LHE

Nov 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched Surrey - Metro Ford 1:1 on Sep.14, 2013 and noticed that Metro Ford has a very, very young team (and based on the fact that Metro Ford does not have U-21 this year I am assuming they moved all young players up completely bypassing U-21).

Only Valente was there as an experienced guy so I am wondering what happened to the other older guys. They deserved one point against Surrey, a little bit more luck and could have gotten all three, they are talented, and obviously in a need of a good forward who can put the ball into the net.
Two losses against two newly promoted teams could cost them at the end. If I remember Metro Ford in the past actually always had a good start and then disappeared at the end of the season; now, with 2 losses already, it will be interesting to see how they are going to avoid a relegation.

Well, they have lost one of their main experienced players who got on the score sheet on a regular basis AKA RUSSEL HUGGON to the Port Moody Gunners Premier team. He was also the coach for the U-21 Metro Ford team which could also explain their disappearance.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford will be fine. They will stay in premier. They got kids like Jovan and few others. Clubs like Inter an Croatia I ?. U21 players are just not strog enough for all to move premier. Club must add three a year not six at once. Croatia on the other hand has a young team. They just run around. No one can finish. Inter is old. In my opinion a good div two side is better for development than U21. These kids have played each other for last six years. It just makes no sence. Kids must learn from older more smarter players. Running around does not develop a thing. As yo can see we only have one or two Canadian kid on Caps. With better development we could have six seven Canadian on the Caps.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With more kids Croatia did win this weekend. Almost all the teams they have did win. So they do read it.

Chalers Vandalay

Aug 27, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
EDC Burnaby continue there streak and are playing well winning this weekend again. Hurricanes loose by a close margin.
Watched some of the Peg game against Coq Metro Ford. Coq surprisingly dominating the entire game. Peg were just out of this one & missing players due to injuries cannot be the excuse loosing to a weak team. Peg needs to go on a goalie recruit there goalie let in some really week goals. To continue with surprises ccb also losing 4-2 to Croatia thats another shocker. The SU Firefighters still managing to do fine ending in a another draw. The match of the week however will Langley Hurricanes vs CCB.

VMSL Lurker

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love all the hype about EDC Burnaby and how they are going to set the league on "fire" this season. They will do ok but will no way challenge for the league or Provincials. A team that is known for their dislike of grass pitches and weather than is anything but sunny and warm. After the weather this past weekend, Chiles best weeks are behind them. Cant exactly see them doing well playing at Hillside in the winter, etc.
Metro-ford will survive, young team that just needs to adjust to the physical nature of the league. Croatia and Inter favorites to go down. Inter will go down for sure, and probably wont even get over 10 points.
SU continuing to look strong with a good comeback with after surprisingly being 2-0 down after 10 mins at Norvan. No real superstars on SU, but a team who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and they will be even stronger after nationals.

E11even

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw Croatia v CCB game - CCB up 2-1 in 2nd half and commanding, then a player got fouled, said something to the ref and got a straight red while down injured. Croatia fired back with 3 goals. Another straight red for dissent right near the end of the game for CCB. Can anyone guess which ref this was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0