Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Smiley

Apr 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with your first post. Inter has sold out. Problem for them is that they have no feeder club or University players to "encourage" to join their club. Merger/sponsor what's the difference? Rumor I heard is that the "sponsor" is paying the core Inter guys to stick around while new players are brought in. The club has gone to shite with all the new talent they have. They'll never be the team they used to be.

And I agree that loyalty in the VMSL no longer exists. I can name about 10 players that left Inter high and dry in recent years. Aren't some of those guys on your team?

And what's the deal with Roy Mattarollo? The guy's a dinosaur!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could be wrong, but didn't several players leave 29's team high and dry to go to Inter a few years back?

Just sayin...

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys leaving teams is one thing. If someone thinks that a change is better for them, then good on them. Hopefully it works out. I'll still have a pint with the guy next time we play. What i don't like is the paying of players to get them to leave a team. How someone who is getting paid can sit in the same room as a team mate who is not getting paid I don't understand. That change room will not work and it won't work on the pitch.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if you have to declare your vmsl earnings on your CRA forms.

Alleyezonme... can you confirm?
Star#1... do you prepare T4s for your emplo, erm... players?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
off topic Sir M but no work for three weeks so far. Started physio today. Hopefully back playing after christmas. Maybe.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, let them pay the players.......no big deal. If they have the money and want to waste it on paying amateur players, good on them. I can assure you one thing.....not one of the players is worth what they are getting.......NO ONE.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the subject of paying players . The vmsl should make each coach and manager sign each year they will not pay players before they get there white officials cards
with points lost if caught .
Teams that are amateur with paid players can not compete in Bc soccer events or the Nationals .
The players that were paid would still play but might elect to go where the best coach or management or even where friends play .
IMO THIS WOULD MAKE IT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD FOR ALL TEAMS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this idea, but it would eliminate 5 or so teams from Premier. Is it a mystery all of a sudden that teams many people have not heard of are near the top of the standings with players who are near top of the the table in scoring who have played for several teams over the last few years? I am no cop, but I would call that a "clue".

How many teams have some of these top scorers played for in the last few years? Maybe it is time to get a real job, and focus on that.

Sir M

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, let them pay the players.......no big deal. If they have the money and want to waste it on paying amateur players, good on them. I can assure you one thing.....not one of the players is worth what they are getting.......NO ONE.
Yes... save your money to spend on coaching instead!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was speaking with a friend of mine who works at the Airport with CSBA and plays in the VMSL. He mentioned to me that there are 2-3 players who Canada Revenue Agency are looking into that haven't filed there taxes in a few yrs.Supposedly they are making decent cash money and not claiming there income. He doesn't know what teams or players it was. It was just mentioned that a high calibre soccer league in Metro Vancouve now has a few individuals on the CRA radar list. Maybe Sir M can confirm if he has heard this as well? To Regs and Captain, Adanac was a great place to be at on Sunday's during the old Italian League days!!With Puglia all I got was a sausage and the chance to go to Mike Bernardis's soccer academy!:)

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CRA should really go after the nice older lady at Adanac who has collected all our empties for at least 2 generations of boozers, I mean players. Her house has to be paid for 2 or 3 times over now.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CRA should really go after the nice older lady at Adanac who has collected all our empties for at least 2 generations of boozers, I mean players. Her house has to be paid for 2 or 3 times over now.

Uniballer, I totally agree with you there's also the one across the street from Van tech track field. Unfortunatley I'm only the messaenger in this "Breaking News". Plus we all know there some people who like to rat out on others at times!!:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still remember when there were 2 "nice older ladies" that almost came to blows over all the boozers empties at Adanac, would have gone viral if Youtube existed back then :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of them lives beside one of the guys from our club in East Van...he says it is great, he just throws his empties off the back porch and they are cleaned up immediately. Of course he drives a beater van and she drives a Mercedes.

Sir M

bevsbuzz11

Mar 27, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares if teams pay their players. Sounds like a bunch of grumpy old men.

Now a real bet 365 oddset menu for the VMSL sounds more appealing though.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares if teams pay their players. Sounds like a bunch of grumpy old men.

Now a real bet 365 oddset menu for the VMSL sounds more appealing though.
Sounds like someone from CRA cares especially when a couple of the paid players are making more than $10,000 tax free on 7 months of playing paid soccer. Government is always looking for thier $$! :)

I like the oddset idea as there is no tax on lotto winnings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0