Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was speaking with a friend of mine who works at the Airport with CSBA and plays in the VMSL. He mentioned to me that there are 2-3 players who Canada Revenue Agency are looking into that haven't filed there taxes in a few yrs.Supposedly they are making decent cash money and not claiming there income. He doesn't know what teams or players it was. It was just mentioned that a high calibre soccer league in Metro Vancouve now has a few individuals on the CRA radar list. Maybe Sir M can confirm if he has heard this as well? To Regs and Captain, Adanac was a great place to be at on Sunday's during the old Italian League days!!With Puglia all I got was a sausage and the chance to go to Mike Bernardis's soccer academy!:)

As long as it was a good sausage........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bet365 needs to get on the VMSL games.....simple as that. I'm not sure why they think the PCSL is a 'professional' league. There are more guys getting paid in the VMSL surely?

VMSL Lurker

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 - 0 SU

Two wonder strikes from Croatia. They shaded the first half, but was all SU in the second half just could score, the one time Croatia got out of their half, they buried one from 20 yards top corner.

Could be a long season for SU, they only had 12 players and looked like they couldn't score if they played all weekend.

E11even

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking like a pretty even table this year - lots of numbers in the 2nd and 3rd columns! All this talk of paying players means nothing if their isn't a high level of chemistry and unselfishness among the 11 players on the field. That comes from the top down.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have wached few games so far. Level of soccer in Premier has falen over thirty percent. Run and gun top guys drible and lose the ball. More than half of the guys are unfit to play Premier div.
Only good thing refs are giving tons of cards. MY friends Rubin and Willy do need a holiday after each season.
Only when kids from Universeties showup is when level of soccer improves.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a span of 3 to 4 weeks, West Van has gone from worst to first :eek:

With Norvan's win last night over Indo Canadians Sikh Temple, both ICST and Slurrey United are in relegation positions.

From what I'm hearing out of CAP, there is a mini crisis happening right now, can they turn it around with the youngsters (not to be confused with young veterans)?

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have wached few games so far. Level of soccer in Premier has falen over thirty percent. Run and gun top guys drible and lose the ball. More than half of the guys are unfit to play Premier div.
Only good thing refs are giving tons of cards. MY friends Rubin and Willy do need a holiday after each season.
Only when kids from Universeties showup is when level of soccer improves.

Its alot better than the div.3 you like to post in alot about and coach in......but then again if you call premiere run and gun and dribble and lose ball"i would like to see you tell this to the players" are you man enuff?
The level is alot faster than div.1 and more skillfull ,why do you think the div.1 teams have alot of trouble staying in premiere after being promoted ?
but then again your mr.base .

Curtis Griffiths

Nov 3, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
nine games in, the standings look pretty interesting. West Van once again have strong team look like and definitely one of the top teams in premier, and can't really say who the top four are going to be this year other than west van & columbus. On the other side ICST Pegasus are last place rite know..thats a big surprise as Pegasus usually have had done pretty well last few years, i don't see them at the bottom for too long. Also good to see Inter doing okay in Premier, I see them in the middle of pack this year. Its going to be a interesting season….

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pace and strength on the ball is down fifty percent in premier. I took in Columus vs Strella the Chile game. God saker it looked like bunchof kids playing. They could not string four five passes for the life of them. Guys dribble and loose the ball, over and over. The same with two other games I went to see. Onley when University kids come, when it changes a bit. Kids play more of a direct attack. Premier is borring hard to watch. Even with ten teams level is still way low for premier soccer. In some way it's more fun to watch div one. At least they go full out and try.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what it was like in the "glory days" when all you golden agers were playing but if the skill level is "bad" because anyone can beat anyone on any given day I'll take it. It makes things interesting. Theirs no argument that it's the best the VMSL has to offer. None of Mr. Base's div 1/2/3 "more fun" teams would stand a chance in prem (excepting of course Ajyal, Richmond and Olympics, 2 of whom will get a chance to make their case next year).

Having the table this close is fun and exciting. It's the same in the EPL at the moment-or is that "bad" this year too?

Another thing that's fun has been these midweek games; gives me a chance to get out and watch. Saw Westside play Langley last week, finished 1-1. Not really sure how the Westside guys didn't win it, they really bossed the game. The few chances Langley created however were grade-A. The Westsiders obviously took things positively though as they got the 3 points against Columbus at the weekend. Didn't see the game so I don't know if their performance was as good, but the victory was definitely needed to keep them with the pack.

Saw CCB and NorVan tonight. CCB seemed to have the initiative and attacked all night. Milad created both goals, both by streaking down the left and running 1v1 at the defender. The first time the NorVan man chopped him down for the penalty, the second time the defender stayed out of the tackled and Milad cut back a cross for a tap in. NorVan were resilient and made the most of their limited attacks twice leveling it. The second equaliser came in stoppage time off a corner that really should have been dealt with better by the CCB defenders, the ball barely got over the line but the linesman flagged for the goal. The 2-2 score line means the CCB mercenaries miss their chance to go top all alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0