Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real predication this week: how many games cancelled due to "the typhoon"?

West Van v Columbus
The Italian's only points have come off their promotion cousins. No reason to think West Van will slip up at home, should be comfortable.

Westside v EDC
Both teams are coming off draws, though arguably Westside's vs Tigers was more unexpected than Chile v ND. Surely both teams are thinking there's three points available for the taking here. Given the amount of draws and parity we are seeing, a win for either team would be invaluable and would likely vault them several places up the table. I'll stick with the league trend though and say they split the points.

Rovers v Pacific
I agree with the MOTW shout as the mercenary armies do battle out in Surrey. Pacific finally got their finger out against Columbus at home last week, while Tigers were held to a hard fought draw at Westside. It shapes up as a battle of psychology I feel, with whichever team can hit a purple patch and get their tails up first being likely to carry it. These teams are right next to each other in the table and are looking to distance themselves from the pack of 8 teams mucking it out below them. Both teams can score goals, so perhaps it will be determined by which defense can prevent a goal at the crucial moment? Ultimately, I have to think Tigers should have enough offensive fire power to be irresistible.

Pegasus v Croatia
Is presumably postponed...? Peg not keen to rush back into things after a tough slog 4.5 time zones away.

Richmond v North Delta
Another two teams that will be staring down a tantalizing three points, looking to escape the pack. Richmond seem to be a tough out and North Delta could not recapture their early form, dropping points against then bottom of the table Chile last week. I think Richmond are the favourites to bag a second win on the bounce, but again draws have been the trend, so I'll lean towards things being all even come 90 minutes at Minoru.

Inter v Metro Ford
The Coquitlam juggernaut pulls through Vancouver this weekend. Inter have been a tough out the last couple of weeks and will no doubt plan to mess with Metro's perfect season. That being said, chances are they will match up better against Coquitlam in the reverse fixture, once they have their full squad at their disposal. I can't see the train getting derailed this weekend.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All results from last night:

Chile 2-1 Westside
Trollups 5-0 Columbus
Pacific 1-0 Rovers
Richmond 3-1 North Delta

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report from the Westside camp was Reuben ruined another good game. Sent off a player, 2 yellows for dissent in under 10 seconds.

Apparently it took Chile 45 minutes to score the winner up a man and and the league new boys were unlucky not to get at least a point even 11 against 10.

No doubt Chile's veterans knew they would find the winner at some point and could care less about when or how. EDC rolling now after a rocky start to the season!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MetroFord 2-0 Inter

That's it for this week, here is how things are looking heading into week 7 of the schedule:

upload_2016-10-16_6-13-54.png

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report from the Westside camp was Reuben ruined another good game. Sent off a player, 2 yellows for dissent in under 10 seconds.

Apparently it took Chile 45 minutes to score the winner up a man and and the league new boys were unlucky not to get at least a point even 11 against 10.

No doubt Chile's veterans knew they would find the winner at some point and could care less about when or how. EDC rolling now after a rocky start to the season!
Reuben is a good referee. The Westside players ruined the game themselves. It is not hard to figure it out. He follows the Laws of the game.

Calcio604

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Westside v Chile game. Westside played very well and were unlucky to not get any points. Even when they went down to 10 men they still looked dangerous. Their winger is really above this level. Chile used their experience and had Ray playing like Pirlo in the middle, unbelievable distribution. The experience paid off and they got the three points. Some complaints about offside on the second goal but he looked on and used his speed to get ahead of the defenders from a get curling cross from the right.

As for the Red Card I have to say Reuben handled it exceptionally well. The Westside player complained about a clearing header by the centre back, I didn't see a foul. He used some harsh language to dissent and a yellow was given. Then the player clapped his hands at the yellow really disrespecting the referee which was a second yellow for dissent. After that he fingered the referee, in my books this is great refereeing and extremely poor discipline on behalf of the player.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, full slate of matches this week now that Peg are back... Oh wait no...so why exactly aren't Chile and Pacific playing this weekend???

Croatia v Inter
Ok so good luck predicting this one. Croatia have one point in their last three, they've lost two in a row to teams that used to be beneath them in the table and haven't scored a goal in a month. Inter are all over the board, though, they have played the majority of their games against what would be characterized as "top half" opponents. I'll say on that form Inter takes it, but it's six to five and pick 'em as far as I'm concerned.

Metro Ford v West Van
MOTW (obviously) as the top two teams from last season, and again so far this season, go at it. Coquitlam, we all remember, ran the table over West Van when it mattered last season, beating them for the League, the Cup and in Provincials. West Van are no doubt ready for some pay back, but already they have hit a few speed bumps this season, including missing a chance to go top when they drew 0-0 with Inter while Metro Ford were idle. Coquitlam are perfect on the season and are top with a game in hand. I know it's only October, but it feels like if West Van don't throw down a marker here, Metro Ford could be out of sight by the time the reverse fixture rolls around. I can't make it out to Coquitlam Friday night, so I am praying someone from TTP land gets out and gives us a match report. As for a prediction, I don't think you can bet against Coquitlam as they look unstoppable at the moment. That being said, in the interest of keeping the title race competitive I will be cheering for West Van.

Columbus v Rovers Tigers
A couple of rough weeks for Rovers with only one point from their last two games. I wonder how the investors are taking it? Especially now that they have fallen outside the top 4; perhaps the board is putting management under review? Surely a trip to bottom of the table Columbus who have shipped a league high 18 goals is just what the doctor ordered, no?

North Delta v Pegasus
The bottom has really dropped out for ND with only one point from their last four. They're a plucky bunch though and aren't going to just cave in. Meanwhile, Peg are back from a tough showing at Nationals. With rumors of potential player exits and not exactly inspiring form leading into Nationals, it's tough to get a solid read on Peg. I would suggest they would win this one, but given everything, I'll hedge and call it a draw.

Westside v Richmond
Hibs have quietly gone about their business and find themselves in a lofty 4th place. With only one loss (and it came against first place Metro Ford by a narrow 1-0 margin) certainly you would have to pick them as favourites. Westside are slogging along as you would expect a promoted team to do and no doubt rue what sounds like a missed opportunity to pick up points last time out. Then there is of course their home field, which offers somewhat of a small advantage. I don't think it's near enough to pick them for three points, but Richmond isn't exactly free scoring and the league has been heavy on draws, so I'll say that this one, too, ends in a stalemate.

Calcio604

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford 2 West Van 0: Metro Ford seemed to be missing at least 3 regular starters one of which was their top striker. It made no difference. I havn't watched West Van this season but it seems like they have changed a lot of players from last year. They have a new striker and he seems talented but the Metro Ford defence shut him down. He started getting frustrated and was very close to getting sent off with some of his antics. It was 0-0 at half time. A fairly quite first half perhaps both teams didn't want to lose which caused them to take less risks. Metro Ford seemed to miss some of their starters especially Basso up front looking lost in some of their attacks.

The second half started and it was a different game. Metro Ford scored off a corner kick with a header at the back post back across the goal. with another header tap in. A very nice set play. The keeper wanted a foul but it didn't look like one, just seemed like he got out jumped to the ball. West Van made some subs and began putting some pressure on. Although with the pressure came a counter attack. The striker for Metro Ford went in, he had a square pass but decided to rip it. This perhaps fooled the goalie as he was glued to the spot, a nice finish from the striker. West Van continued to press with some dangerous crosses and runs but the metro ford defence held. It's impressive how much better the Metro Ford team was on a day that they were missing some key pieces against the second place undefeated West Van.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw first hour of Tigers-Columbus game. Tigers ran out easy 3-0 winners. All the goals in the first half, with two from Soolsma, including a penalty. They were pretty dominant from what I saw of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0